Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2-50 toggle switch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flyitnow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: 2-50 toggle switch Reply with quote

Hello Group.
With respect to the 2-50 toggle switch, on-on-(on), when switching to the momentary position do the other positions open up for an instant during the switching motion. I was thinking about using it for the autopilot as the off-on-disengage, but I would not want the middle position "on" to be disrupted during switching to the momentary "on" position to disengage the autopilot. My RV-7A does not have an avionics master and I was thinking instead of installing an on/off to power the autopilot and then a 2nd spst momentary push button for the autopilot disengage, I could incorporate these 2 functions into to a single switch. Thanks for any thoughts.
John Robinson RV-7A. Flying for 95 Hours.

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
rene(at)felker.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: 2-50 toggle switch Reply with quote

I have a Trutrak in my airplane.  I use one momentary (on) switch.  If I hold it for 3 seconds it engages the autopilot and if I just hit it disengages the autopilot.

Don’t know it this tidbit helps at all.  But, I do love the feature….

Rene'
801-721-6080

From: owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of rv7a.builder(at)yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2016 12:48 PM
To: Aeroelectric-list
Subject: 2-50 toggle switch

Hello Group.

With respect to the 2-50 toggle switch, on-on-(on), when switching to the momentary position do the other positions open up for an instant during the switching motion. I was thinking about using it for the autopilot as the off-on-disengage, but I would not want the middle position "on" to be disrupted during switching to the momentary "on" position to disengage the autopilot. My RV-7A does not have an avionics master and I was thinking instead of installing an on/off to power the autopilot and then a 2nd spst momentary push button for the autopilot disengage, I could incorporate these 2 functions into to a single switch. Thanks for any thoughts.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Flyitnow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: 2-50 toggle switch Reply with quote

Hi Rene', that sounds good since the AP I'm considering is the Trutrak Gemini.
Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

-------- Original message --------
Date: 8/22/16 1:20 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: RE: AeroElectric-List: 2-50 toggle switch

<![endif]--> <![endif]-->
I have a Trutrak in my airplane.  I use one momentary (on) switch.  If I hold it for 3 seconds it engages the autopilot and if I just hit it disengages the autopilot.

Don’t know it this tidbit helps at all.  But, I do love the feature….

Rene'
801-721-6080

From: owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of rv7a.builder(at)yahoo.com
Subject: AeroElectric-List: 2-50 toggle switch

Hello Group.

John Robinson RV-7A.  Flying for 95 Hours.

rene(at)felker.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: 2-50 toggle switch Reply with quote

I think they call their feature control wheel steering or something like that.  So you have the autopilot engaged and are flying it along (not coupled) and you want to change the track by 10 degrees or so, hold the button turn the 10 degrees and release.  Keeps your head out of the cockpit and lets you just point and go.

Rene'
801-721-6080

From: owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of rv7a.builder
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2016 3:06 PM
To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: RE: 2-50 toggle switch

Hi Rene', that sounds good since the AP I'm considering is the Trutrak Gemini.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

-------- Original message --------
Date: 8/22/16 1:20 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: RE: 2-50 toggle switch

I have a Trutrak in my airplane. I use one momentary (on) switch. If I hold it for 3 seconds it engages the autopilot and if I just hit it disengages the autopilot.

Don’t know it this tidbit helps at all. But, I do love the feature….

Rene'
801-721-6080

From: owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of rv7a.builder(at)yahoo.com (rv7a.builder(at)yahoo.com)
Subject: 2-50 toggle switch

Hello Group.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: