Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Russian clock with electrical connectors
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jan.mevis(at)informavia.b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:06 am    Post subject: Russian clock with electrical connectors Reply with quote

I had to remove the clock from my Yak 50 for repair.
Then I noticed that it has two connectors for +27 v on the backside (as stated on the clock).
This is obviously not used on the Yak 50.
Does anyone know what the purpose is?
Regards,
Jan
Yak 50

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
tigeryak18t

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:11 am    Post subject: Russian clock with electrical connectors Reply with quote

Light or de icing?

2016-10-04 13:05 GMT+02:00 Jan Mevis <jan.mevis(at)informavia.be (jan.mevis(at)informavia.be)>:
Quote:
Then I noticed that it has two connectors for +27 v on the backside (as stated on the clock).
Regards,
Jan
Yak 50

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

tigeryak18t

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:12 am    Post subject: Russian clock with electrical connectors Reply with quote

Same clock is sitting on my desk in my boffice right in front of me, indeed two connectors 27v
2016-10-04 13:05 GMT+02:00 Jan Mevis <jan.mevis(at)informavia.be (jan.mevis(at)informavia.be)>:
Quote:
Regards,
Jan
Yak 50

--

dsavarese0812(at)bellsout

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:38 am    Post subject: Russian clock with electrical connectors Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, the Russian clocks were connected to the pitot heat circuit. Thus if pitot heat was turned on, the internal clock heater was turned on as well.
Dennis

To: "yak-list(at)matronics.com" <yak-list(at)matronics.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 7:11 AM
Subject: Re: Russian clock with electrical connectors

Same clock is sitting on my desk in my boffice right in front of me, indeed two connectors 27v
Quote:
Regards,
Jan
Yak 50

--

Vic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: Russian clock with electrical connectors Reply with quote

Yes, indeed internal heating for the clock.

Vic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:51 am    Post subject: Russian clock with electrical connectors Reply with quote

Yes, that seems a very plausible explanation.
Anyway, as far as I know, not used on the 50 (not on mine for certain) although we also have a pitot heater.
Jan
From: <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)> on behalf of "A. Dennis Savarese" <dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net (dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net)>
Reply-To: "yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)" <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)>
Date: Tuesday 4 October 2016 at 13:37
To: "yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)" <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)>

If I remember correctly, the Russian clocks were connected to the pitot heat circuit. Thus if pitot heat was turned on, the internal clock heater was turned on as well.
Dennis

From: Didier Blouzard <didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com (didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com)>
To: "yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)" <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)>

Same clock is sitting on my desk in my boffice right in front of me, indeed two connectors 27v
Quote:
Regards,
Jan
Yak 50

--

GeorgeCoy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:54 am    Post subject: Russian clock with electrical connectors Reply with quote

It was for heating the clock to maintain a constant temperature so that the clock was more accurate George Coy

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 4, 2016, at 7:10 AM, Didier Blouzard <didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com (didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Light or de icing?

Quote:
Regards,
Jan
Yak 50

--

GeorgeCoy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:13 am    Post subject: Russian clock with electrical connectors Reply with quote

Jan you must realize that the Russians pretty much use that clock and everything that flies from your Yak 50 to spacecraft so I did a lot of different duties. Being electrically heated was critical and some of those duties George

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 4, 2016, at 7:51 AM, Jan Mevis <jan.mevis(at)informavia.be (jan.mevis(at)informavia.be)> wrote:
Quote:
Yes, that seems a very plausible explanation.
Anyway, as far as I know, not used on the 50 (not on mine for certain) although we also have a pitot heater.
Jan
From: <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)> on behalf of "A. Dennis Savarese" <dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net (dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net)>
Reply-To: "yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)" <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)>
Date: Tuesday 4 October 2016 at 13:37
Subject: Re: Yak-List: Russian clock with electrical connectors

Dennis

From: Didier Blouzard <didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com (didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com)>

Quote:
Regards,
Jan
Yak 50

--

Richard.goode(at)russiana

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:13 am    Post subject: Russian clock with electrical connectors Reply with quote

Yes, that is absolutely correct. What puzzles me is that although beautifully made, these clocks are not that accurate, and, given that, I wonder whether keeping them warm makes any significant difference!

Richard Goode

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of A. Dennis Savarese
Sent: 04 October 2016 12:38
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com

Dennis

Same clock is sitting on my desk in my boffice right in front of me, indeed two connectors
27v

Quote:

Regards,

Jan

Yak 50

--
Email: didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com (didier.blouzard(at)anolistech.fr)

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:14 am    Post subject: Russian clock with electrical connectors Reply with quote

Thanks, that also explains why it’s not necessary on a Yak 50.
Jan
From: <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)> on behalf of George Coy <george.coy(at)gmail.com (george.coy(at)gmail.com)>
Date: Tuesday 4 October 2016 at 13:53

It was for heating the clock to maintain a constant temperature so that the clock was more accurate George Coy

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 4, 2016, at 7:10 AM, Didier Blouzard <didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com (didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Light or de icing?

Quote:
Regards,
Jan
Yak 50

--

draftsjust417(at)gmail.co

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:42 am    Post subject: Russian clock with electrical connectors Reply with quote

Gents, while we're on the topic, I've never used my CJ6's Soviet clock all that much. I'm wondering what the red button/knob on the left does? Photo attached. (I see that depressing it flips a red flag to white in the top dial...) The silver knob on right is for on/off, but needed for winding by any chance? Or draws its power from the main a/c bus?

Can anyone give me a quick tutorial on the clock's functions?
Thanks- 

Justin/N280NC
On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 8:10 AM, Richard Goode <Richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com (Richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Yes, that is absolutely correct. What puzzles me is that although beautifully made, these clocks are not that accurate, and, given that, I wonder whether keeping them warm makes any significant difference!

Richard Goode

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of A. Dennis Savarese
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)

If I remember correctly, the Russian clocks were connected to the pitot heat circuit.  Thus if pitot heat was turned on, the internal clock heater was turned on as well.

Dennis

Same clock is sitting on my desk in my boffice right in front of me, indeed two connectors 
27v

Quote:

Regards,

Jan

Yak 50

--

--
believed to be clean.

Soviet_clock_(1).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  216.74 KB
 Viewed:  17576 Time(s)

Soviet_clock_(1).jpg

tigeryak18t

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Russian clock with electrical connectors Reply with quote

I have the notice.
Left is total flight time and setting the time, right is leg time and
stopping the watch.

2016-10-04 14:42 GMT+02:00 Justin Drafts <draftsjust417(at)gmail.com>:

[quote] Gents, while we're on the topic, I've never used my CJ6's Soviet clock all
that much. I'm wondering what the red button/knob on the left does? Photo
attached. (I see that depressing it flips a red flag to white in the top
dial...) The silver knob on right is for on/off, but needed for winding by
any chance? Or draws its power from the main a/c bus?

Thanks-

Justin/N280NC

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 8:10 AM, Richard Goode <Richard.goode(at)russianaeros

Looigi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Russian clock with electrical connectors Reply with quote

This might help you….
Cheers
Chris
[img]cid:46A3167F-F93B-496F-A01B-596ED0A1BAED(at)fritz.box[/img]
Quote:
On 5/10/2016, at 1:42 AM, Justin Drafts <draftsjust417(at)gmail.com (draftsjust417(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Gents, while we're on the topic, I've never used my CJ6's Soviet clock all that much. I'm wondering what the red button/knob on the left does? Photo attached. (I see that depressing it flips a red flag to white in the top dial...) The silver knob on right is for on/off, but needed for winding by any chance? Or draws its power from the main a/c bus?Can anyone give me a quick tutorial on the clock's functions?
Thanks- Justin/N280NC
On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 8:10 AM, Richard Goode <Richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com (Richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Richard Goode

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of A. Dennis SavareseSent: 04 October 2016 12:38To: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)Subject: Re: Russian clock with electrical connectors

Dennis

From: Didier Blouzard <didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com (didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com)>To: "yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)" <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)> Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 7:11 AMSubject: Re: Russian clock with electrical connectors

27v

Quote:

Regards,

Jan

Yak 50

--
____________________________Didier BLOUZARDDirecteur Général DATEXISPortable : didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com (didier.blouzard(at)anolistech.fr)

-- This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.

<Soviet clock (1).jpg>

Clock.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  626.84 KB
 Viewed:  17570 Time(s)

Clock.png

picko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Russian clock with electrical connectors Reply with quote

clock instructions

On 5/10/2016 6:33 AM, Didier Blouzard wrote:

Quote:
I have the notice. Left is total flight time and setting the time, right is leg time and stopping the watch.

2016-10-04 14:42 GMT+02:00 Justin Drafts <draftsjust417(at)gmail.com (draftsjust417(at)gmail.com)>:
Quote:
Gents, while we're on the topic, I've never used my CJ6's Soviet clock all that much. I'm wondering what the red button/knob on the left does? Photo attached. (I see that depressing it flips a red flag to white in the top dial...) The silver knob on right is for on/off, but needed for winding by any chance? Or draws its power from the main a/c bus?

Thanks-

Justin/N280NC

Quote:

Richard Goode

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of A. Dennis Savarese

Dennis

27v

Quote:

Regards,

Jan

Yak 50

--

--
believed to be clean.

--

Yak_clock.docx
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Yak_clock.docx
 Filesize:  130.97 KB
 Downloaded:  438 Time(s)

draftsjust417(at)gmail.co

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Russian clock with electrical connectors Reply with quote

Yes thanks gents, all VERY helpful info -

Justin
On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 3:40 PM, Chris & Diane Burton <cdoburton(at)gmail.com (cdoburton(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
This might help you….

Cheers
Chris

Quote:
On 5/10/2016, at 1:42 AM, Justin Drafts <draftsjust417(at)gmail.com (draftsjust417(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Thanks-  

Justin/N280NC
On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 8:10 AM, Richard Goode <Richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com (Richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Richard Goode

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of A. Dennis Savarese
Sent: 04 October 2016 12:38
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Re: Russian clock with electrical connectors

If I remember correctly, the Russian clocks were connected to the pitot heat circuit.  Thus if pitot heat was turned on, the internal clock heater was turned on as well.

Dennis

From: Didier Blouzard <didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com (didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com)>
To: "yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)" <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)> 
Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 7:11 AM
Subject: Re: Yak-List: Russian clock with electrical connectors

27v

Quote:

Regards,

Jan

Yak 50

-- 
Email: didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com (didier.blouzard(at)anolistech.fr)

-- 
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is 
believed to be clean. 

<Soviet clock (1).jpg>

Clock.png
 Description:
 Viewed:  17560 Time(s)

Clock.png

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Russian clock with electrical connectors Reply with quote

Very interesting indeed, thanks to all!
Jan
From: <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)> on behalf of Justin Drafts <draftsjust417(at)gmail.com (draftsjust417(at)gmail.com)>
Date: Wednesday 5 October 2016 at 03:23

Justin
On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 3:40 PM, Chris & Diane Burton <cdoburton(at)gmail.com (cdoburton(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
This might help you….

Cheers
Chris

Quote:

Thanks-

Justin/N280NC
Quote:

Richard Goode

Sent:04 October 2016 12:38

Dennis

27v

Quote:

Regards,

Jan

Yak 50

--

--
believed to be clean.

<Soviet clock (1).jpg>

Clock.png
 Description:
 Viewed:  17557 Time(s)

Clock.png

Looigi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Russian clock with electrical connectors Reply with quote

I am glad to be able to assist.
I wish I could claim credit for the picture, but I got it off the internet somewhere.

I have one of these clocks sitting on my desk and while I am a typical male who can usually stuff it up without printed help, I had to hunt down some instructions on how to drive the thing.

If the clock is inaccurate, you can also adjust the ‘speed’ by twiddling a screw on the rear.

Chris
Quote:
On 5/10/2016, at 7:07 PM, Jan Mevis <jan.mevis(at)informavia.be (jan.mevis(at)informavia.be)> wrote:

Jan

From: <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)> on behalf of Justin Drafts <draftsjust417(at)gmail.com (draftsjust417(at)gmail.com)>Reply-To: "yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)" <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)>Date: Wednesday 5 October 2016 at 03:23To: "yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)" <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)>Subject: Re: Russian clock with electrical connectors

Justin

Quote:
This might help you….
Cheers
Chris
<Clock.png>
Quote:
Gents, while we're on the topic, I've never used my CJ6's Soviet clock all that much. I'm wondering what the red button/knob on the left does? Photo attached. (I see that depressing it flips a red flag to white in the top dial...) The silver knob on right is for on/off, but needed for winding by any chance? Or draws its power from the main a/c bus?Can anyone give me a quick tutorial on the clock's functions?
Thanks- Justin/N280NC
Quote:

Richard Goode

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of A. Dennis SavareseSent: 04 October 2016 12:38To: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)Subject: Re: Russian clock with electrical connectors

Dennis

From: Didier Blouzard <didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com (didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com)>To: "yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)" <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)> Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 7:11 AMSubject: Re: Russian clock with electrical connectors

27v

Quote:

Regards,

Jan

Yak 50

--
____________________________Didier BLOUZARDDirecteur Général DATEXISPortable : didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com (didier.blouzard(at)anolistech.fr)

-- This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.

<Soviet clock (1).jpg>

<Clock.png>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Russian clock with electrical connectors Reply with quote

I am running mine, after repair, on my desk.
After 24 hours it is still indicates the correct time (to the minute, at least).
So IMHO, it’s more than good enough for use in a 50 or 52.
Though I can imagine that the G-forces while flying or from aerobatics might influence the accuracy.
Jan

From: <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)> on behalf of Chris & Diane Burton <cdoburton(at)gmail.com (cdoburton(at)gmail.com)>
Date: Wednesday 5 October 2016 at 08:35

I am glad to be able to assist.
I wish I could claim credit for the picture, but I got it off the internet somewhere.

I have one of these clocks sitting on my desk and while I am a typical male who can usually stuff it up without printed help, I had to hunt down some instructions on how to drive the thing.

If the clock is inaccurate, you can also adjust the ‘speed’ by twiddling a screw on the rear.

Chris
Quote:
On 5/10/2016, at 7:07 PM, Jan Mevis <jan.mevis(at)informavia.be (jan.mevis(at)informavia.be)> wrote:

Jan

From: <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)> on behalf of Justin Drafts <draftsjust417(at)gmail.com (draftsjust417(at)gmail.com)>Reply-To: "yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)" <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)>Date: Wednesday 5 October 2016 at 03:23To: "yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)" <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)>Subject: Re: Russian clock with electrical connectors

Justin

Quote:
This might help you….
Cheers
Chris
<Clock.png>
Quote:
Thanks- Justin/N280NC
On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 8:10 AM, Richard Goode <Richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com (Richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com)>wrote:
Quote:

Richard Goode

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of A. Dennis SavareseSent:04 October 2016 12:38To: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)Subject: Re: Russian clock with electrical connectors

Dennis

27v

Quote:

Regards,

Jan

Yak 50

--
____________________________Didier BLOUZARDDirecteur Gnral DATEXISPortable : didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com (didier.blouzard(at)anolistech.fr)

<Soviet clock (1).jpg>

<Clock.png>

Rob Rowe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: Russian clock with electrical connectors Reply with quote

Had my -52 on static display at the Royal Navy Yeovilton Airday this year parked up near a Polish Navy PZL M28 Skytruck and a MIG 15 ... despite a 40+ year range of production the one instrument we all had in common was the АЧС-1 clock!

For a regime that specialises in one-size-fits-all there are surprisingly two variants (usually marked on the dial);

АЧС-1 = second hand operates with clock, stopwatch sub-dial 60 minutes

АЧС-1M = second hand operates with stopwatch, stopwatch sub-dial 30 minutes
And for those interested here's the bullet form of the clock instructions;

- performs a conventional Clock function as well as a Stopwatch and an Hour Recorder

- outer scale is the main Clock & single sweep second hand

- upper sub-dial is the Hour Recorder (HR) and the lower sub-dial is the Stopwatch function

- two knobs are mounted to the outer bezel;

Left function knob
- normal position (IN) winds the mechanism
- pull OUT & rotate hands to set time on Clock
- push IN to change the ‘setting selection’ – interlink between Clock & Hour Recorder
- each push moves a flag in the Hour Recorder dial - alternates Red, Red / White and White
- corresponds to ‘Set Clock & HR’, ‘Set Clock, Stop HR’ & ‘Set Clock, Reset HR’

Right function knob
- turn counter-clockwise to run mechanism, clockwise to stop
- push knob to cycle Stopwatch function: Start – Stop – Reset

Using the Chronograph
- Right knob turn clockwise - ensure mechanism stopped
- Left knob - wind mechanism spring until it begins to tighten
- Left knob: push knob IN until White flag shows, pull OUT to set the correct time & push IN

Red Flag : the White flag is replaced with a Red flag indicating system fully engaged
- turn Right knob counter-clockwise to run the Clock and the Hour Recorder
- Stopwatch functions (push right knob IN) available

Red / White Flag : appears on second push IN of Left knob
- Hour Recorder stopped, main clock continues
- Stopwatch functions still available

White Flag : appears on third push IN of Left knob
- Hour Recorder reset, main clock continues
- Stopwatch functions still available

Rob R.

Rob Rowe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: Russian clock with electrical connectors Reply with quote

Forgot got to add to my last post ...

A full spring wind gives at least 3 days operation and, with a diurnal variation of temperature (20 ± 5) °C, the timekeeping is ± 20 s per day.

The reliability is quoted at 94% over 2000 hours between 20 ± 5 °C, which is only about 3 months continuous use? So not sure how well made it really is, even allowing for intermittent usage in a high vibration environment.

*** Pre-1970 production probably had the hands and dial painted in Radium 226, that has a half-life of 1600 years! ***

If you have a letter 'B' on the right side of the dial the hands & numerals are painted in harmless phosphorescent paint and a 'K' signifies just white paint was used.

Rob R.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: