Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Work halted
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackbird

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Work halted Reply with quote

Just a little note that my home owners insurance cancelled me because I am building an experimental aircraft in my yard.......Had to temp move it to the airport ........
2 week period I hope.........Have to have an inspection on my yard....I really cannot make this stuff up....
Stay tuned...
Wayne

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

End of June 2006.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.55 KB
 Viewed:  371 Time(s)

End of June 2006.JPG

Ralph Hoover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Work halted Reply with quote

Wayne, Are you serious? Homeowners Insurance, building a plane? What have the two to do with each other?

So I could rebuild a 56 Corvette (car) in my garage with all the old gasoline around, and the car valued at say $ 50,000 and that would be ok, but a plane at below $ 20,000 without any fuel would somehow effect my home safety?

Perhaps your yard is big enough to say.......... FLY FROM! And they, in their unfortunate wisdom feel if you build it there you will fly it there!

Goofy world! Goofy Greedy world!

I do however understand the insurance industries view: they sell it to you hoping that you never need it. You buy it because you hope you never need it and because their lobbyists are sleeping with OUR representatives, whom will not sleep with us, their constituents. So much for your vote!
HA, HA!

I believe I would move insurance companies. Nothing like taking out a tad bit of fat from the pork barrels of life, even if you would be switching from one pig to another. I.M.H.O.

Many years ago, when Anhiuser Bush raised beer prices in my drinking hay days, I switched from Bud to Stroh's! I know that Augi Bush was for one day, unable to buy an additional Chromed lug nut for one of his Rolls Royce's. Heads rolled at the factory, a shift was laid off, marketing was in total turmoil until it was discovered that the decline in sales was directly related to the increase of Stroh's beer sales, and that their U.S. National sales team was able to locate the problem in little Sunbury Ohio carryout. I fixed him, but good! HA, HA!

Another side note: Sthros is in my spell checker from Microsoft and Bill Gates. Anhauser and Augie are not! Go figure.

Sober as a Church Mouse in Ohio Ralph

Do not archive!

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

blackbird

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Work halted Reply with quote

Yep,

I could not believe it either....The ones who have asked is Georgia Farm Bureau.....23 acres of land also.....I asked what my hobbies have to do with my home......Incredible......

Other insurance companies will not insure me....Reason stated....Too far from fire station....over 5 miles.....Drove to the nearest one....and by the trip meter in the vehicle....3.8 miles...
How do you argue?

Ralph Hoover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Work halted Reply with quote

Disclaimer:
The view expressed here is only the view of a madman, and in no way implies the agreement or acceptance of the keeper of this website. It is not in anyway to be construed to be policy or procedure for the acceptance of insurance by any agency or company. It is clearly understod that, though the veiws expressed here are factual and are documented, they may not necessarly be acceptable in certain circles of understanding such as that which may be understood by the insuree or the insurerer! Some of the wording may contain language unstuable for a non American citizen, small children or blinded inept adults whom because of age or mental incapacities may not be capable of fully grasping the situation.

This IS and isn't Kolb related. But it is a matter that I have dealt with before. In the motorcycle world, Some insurance companies would not insure you if you didn't wear a helmet, regardless of if that was a law in your state or not. (and personally I don’t care what your view of wearing or not, as I have done both and am still alive, and having survived major crashes, by my choice not to wear). Certain groups went to their local government representatives and lobbied hard and long to remove these "biases" from the industries "pick and choose" clauses. Ohio is still a free state in the helmet issue and as long as mommies drive their vans down the road with cigarette in one , the cell phone in the other while little Billy and cute Amy run around the back seat un belted, NO ONE should dictate the comings and goings of another, unless that coming and going effect their coming and going!

This may be a "NON-ISSUE" to most fliers, but it will get real ugly real quick when the insurance industry can pick and choose or put you into a high risk coverage area, and you have no say so. This may also be an irritating subject to a lot of the old fliers since they may feel that this isn't Kolb related. But they need to understand it is Kolb, experimental, ultra light, and flying related as well as 'RIGHTS" related. We are loosing them left and right by individuals feeling that this isn't a big issue. I have seen it before. It was a small step then they made bigger and bigger inroads and finally you were so under the law that you couldn't afford to participate because of the costs to comply, which by the way, like it or not is where Sport Flying will end up! ANYTHING uncle sugar has his hands in will become big, unruly, cumbersome, difficult to work with and understand until you need a lawyer to tie your shoes!

But back to topic at hand, and everyone has a right to comment on this topic. If it bothers someone, click out of the topic headed "WORK HALTED" and look at another topic, please.

The area next to challenge in the insurance industry is the fact that what we do has some degree of danger. Danger and the business of protection people and property from danger, do not make friendly relationships. Therefore, money talks and you know the other half. Insurance even for your health insurance and even perhaps soon in the already depleting Social Security program may boldly state "No sports or hobbies that have danger associated with them will be allowed. If you do these things and we find out, you will no longer be eligible for Social Security payments nor health insurance or any coverage by any health provider. All from a little foot (see as wedge) in the doorway of our rights. To deny you the coverage as it is written is to deny you the justice and freedom our forefathers fought for then and are still fighting for now, somewhat!

Is there some written clause that specifically denies you the right to work on that in your yard? You know of course that it is not experimental until it is ready to fly and has been built, don’t you? They know that they cannot deny you the ability to have tubular steel pieces and parts in your backyard that resemble a flying machine but are totally unable to fly until completed? They do know that don’t they?

Over-insured, underpaid, getting older day by day, but the mind is still working well, here in Ohio for Ralph!

Please "archive this" so future generations may know that some have addressed this issue, stod their ground and fought the good fight, and others felt it folly!

blackbird

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Work halted Reply with quote

Ralph ,
Thank you for your imput.......AND from another flyer who happens to be a
EAA chapter president , I have written the EAA and see what they say....LOL
You know ....What has the EAA done for me ...issue.....LOL
WT
By the way,
Been fighting terrorism since 1861.....reading REAL history books.....I wish
this was still the AMERICAN REPUBLIC , not democracy.....
---

ul15rhb(at)juno.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Work halted Reply with quote

How would the homeowners insurance company ever find out that you were
building an experimental aircraft in your yard?

Ralph

-- "blackbird" <blackbird754(at)alltel.net> wrote:

Just a little note that my home owners insurance cancelled me because
I am building an experimental aircraft in my yard.......Had to temp
move it to the airport ........
2 week period I hope.........Have to have an inspection on my
yard....I really cannot make this stuff up....
Stay tuned...
Wayne

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=46075#46075

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/end_of_june_2006_212.jpg

blackbird

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Work halted Reply with quote

Yearly inspections from the local office.....AND.....my home based
business......which I have a liscense from the local county for...
Amazing....yeah..

WT
---

blackbird

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Work halted Reply with quote

I have to undergo an annual homeowners inspection because of my business in my shop in the back yard...(23 acres)... I do have a current county business liscense....

Shop is 50 x 40 and not attached to the 6300 square foot home....
One has nothing to do with the other.....I wish I were a minority sometimes...
Fighting terrorism since 1861....Wish I lived in an American REPUBLIC...

Ralph Hoover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Work halted Reply with quote

Interesting: EAA Chapter. I had forgotten that there was a group representing our interests. However, for what its worth, when I was hot into the Motorcycle world with the A.M.A. American Motorcyclist Association, and they were located less than twenty minutes from me, and I was a member, they didn't do a thing. However, of equal interest, at the time of local issues here in Ohio for the common riders and the second largest constituents base, California being the largest, the AMA applied LOTS of dollars on a well to do community in Northern Illinois that had some very rich and well healed friend of a politico seemingly having difficulty riding his $ 50,000 Harley modified bike into his private guarded community. Seems he had what his other rich neighbors felt was a rather "Noisy Hobby". Therefore after purchasing his million dollar plus home he read his contract, and sure enough. No Loud Motorcycles, Go Carts, or Cars!

Apparently A.M.A. spent several hundred thousand dollars and won his right to reside with his noisy bike in that rich neighborhood. But we still had our little local problem which A.M.A, seemingly didn't have enough money to fix. Go figure.

Now the thing that may be in your favor is that the E.A.A. is much newer and younger organization than the A.M.A.. They might not yet be sleeping with any group like THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY! But then again, the insurance industry has spies everywhere! AND NO I’m not a crack-pot but I know a few. HA, HA!

wcm(at)tampabay.rr.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Work halted Reply with quote

So Ralph ....... Don't hold back man .......... tell us how you really feel.
Smile

Well said sir.

I'd vote for ya.

do not archive
---

Ralph Hoover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Work halted Reply with quote

WCM, I like that: "So Ralph ....... Don't hold back man .......... tell us how you really feel"

Can I tell ya, honestly....you couldn't handle it! And I'm a Christian.

Now if I am elected, no more lobbyists would visit my door. I would demand lowering my pay to half and require that my office have half the staff, work them an actual full forty hours. I would require my children and grandchildren to go to local public schools, the teachers not to hold back disciplining them the same as any other child. I would give up my politico retirement pay package and demand to be put onto all the medicare, medicade, social security programs that my constituents are required to use. The additional funds from my retirement would go to shoulder the brunt of the diffential of the losses my politico brothers before me used up without your knowledge. And I would be accountable to you the voting public for all my votes. I would promise to sleep with my wife of thirty seven years every night and would share my innermost feelings with the people that elected me, admitting that I have done everything possible wrong in my life one time and learned from these mistakes, never to repeat them. I would then show you tax records back to my birth and provide every ticket I ever received and the proof of payment. I would introduce all of my Italian and German Dutch relatives and open them up to you, my voting publics scrutiny under a microscope!

Whow! I just woke up, what a terrible nightmare I just had, I dreamed I was elected!...........You people couldn't handle all that honesty. And the worst part would be it would catch on and all people elected would be honest and not have any debts to other politicos, what so ever!... “Hurry Toto, the bad witch from the south is coming...run tin man, you rust bucket...."!

Smoking something funny here in Ohio Ralph
Oh, ya...do not archive!

blackbird

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Work halted Reply with quote

The latest.......Ralph gotta luv you man.......amazing what we are losing....seems aircraft and motorcycles go together and their problems.....How did you know we fight the other thing also....LOL...
Inspection went well......seems they were concerned about me giving rides out of my 23 acre field.......Soooo.....I ....SPECIFICALLY asked about storage and doing work on aircraft brought to my home......ANSWER.......absolutely not........aircraft belong on an airfield.......
EAA has not responded ...........Yet..............Whatcha think Ralph? ....

Pic is of home and field ....field is at the bottom of the pic.
WT

Home view 1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  322.44 KB
 Viewed:  364 Time(s)

Home view 1.JPG

Ralph Hoover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Work halted Reply with quote

Wait a minuet, That's John Travolta’s house. Where did you put the hanger for the two jets?
So, You must be the millionaire that A.M.A. helped out, huh! Ha, Ha!

Did you tell them you do not have an airplane? You have only a bunch of steel and aluminum deco art compiled in an arrangement made to look like a plane. And if they wanted to push the matter, tell them you will hire a F.A.A. Inspector to "certify" that your deco art is un-flyable! Or hire me and I will come out and "out of love" I will whoop your insurance agents tush! My fee will depend on how big he is. And if its a woman, I will charge more. I don't like hittin no woman! Ha, HA!

I have to tell you though, I recently received a e-mail from another flying buddy that had a picture of John Travolta's house overhead just like yours and the only difference in the picture was the enclosed awning that went to his hanger at the side of his house to his two jets!

So we can be far about this, I had a like problem with my insurance agent years ago regarding using my surrounding yard as a landing field and he adamantly said NO WAY! Don't know why. I have included a picture for your viewing pleasure.

Yodeling out back here in the flat lands of central Ohio Ralph.

My house.bmp
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.37 MB
 Viewed:  419 Time(s)

My house.bmp

Ralph Hoover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Work halted Reply with quote

Sorry guys! I ass umed that because the file was a "bit map' that it would be small. Matt, if your reading...please shrink somehow. Now the picture was from "strangeCosmos.com" and I do not take credit for it. I am only resending it as sent to me, taking no credit for it in any way. It is sent in it's entirety, without any modifications. If you are a lawyer looking for money, I am broke. That is not my real house. My real house is down in the valley to the right of the "StrangecCosmos.com picture. It is that cardboard lean-to about 10 clicks out. So I have nothing to gain for suing me.

Thanks for your support here in the flatlands of Central Ohio

Ralph

blackbird

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Work halted Reply with quote

Ralph ,
You are a trip indeed.......LOL....
Didn't even know those things existed.....Bet his toilets flush good..
WT

George Myers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Work halted Reply with quote

Had no idea you were THAT devout. 

[i]----

a58r(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Work halted Reply with quote

Geo.,
What is the purpose of BackGrnd,jpg that you send?

regards,
Bob N.
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/ronoy/

do not archive

Ralph Hoover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Work halted Reply with quote

Bob N. said: "

Geo.,
What is the purpose of BackGrnd,jpg that you send? "

Bob I.M.H.O. and I could be wrong, but I believe it to be the same "hypnotic disk" that George used to get his picture on his profile to look like it does. You didn't look at it did you Bob?

Ha. HA!

And George...."step away from the camera, we do not need to know taht you have green eyes"! Ha, HA!

Did you say "devout or devoid"?

Actually if you were able to look at the photo of the house on the mountain top you would notice the circular hole to the center of the mountain on the far right. That was my previous house prior to the cardboard leanto , but the bats chased me out!

Displaced somewhere here in Ohio , and a legend in my own mind Ralph

George Myers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Work halted Reply with quote

It's the background on my fancy email. Didn't realize it was being sent.
I fixie.

Quote:
Geo.,
What is the purpose of BackGrnd,jpg that you send?

Quote:
regards,
Bob N.
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/ronoy/

do not archive

George Myers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Work halted Reply with quote

Both "houses" seems to remind me of monastery's in Greece. You wouldn't be Greek now would you?

As for my picture, I'm just gettin' a close look at all you weirdos. Smile
George

Do not archive

[i]----

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: