Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
victorbravo(at)sbcglobal.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing Reply with quote

If I had not lost my camera, there would be photos attached to this post Smile

I have more or less finalized the layout and design for mounting my HKS engine on the Firestar. Thanks to two fellow EAA chapter members, I have the engine mounting plate cut, shaped, de-burred, lightened, and semi-smoothed. The engine mount plate is semi-permanently mounted on the Kolb airframe Lord mounts. Putting the correct length bolts in and installing the self-lock nuts instead of the "shop work" plain nuts is the last step.

The 3/8" aluminum engine mount plate was designed with a "wing-shaped" extension on the starboard forward corner to serve as the rear mounting for the oil cooler. After much head-scratching and "staring at it", the final position of the oi l cooler was determined, and a rear mounting bracket was fabricated from three pieces of aerospace surplus 2024-T3 extruded angle and (Cool AN470AD4 rivets. Since the rear of the cooler is mounted on something that moves, the forward mounting had to provide enough "compliance" movement on all three axes. The forward mount is a standoff with a single central pivot bolt that is retained through two rubber grommets. This standoff mount is attached to the spar carry-through using modified rubber-padded Adel clamps. This flexible mount arrangement prevents the oil cooler itself from flexing, keeps the front of the cooler attached securely to the airframe, but allows movement in any direction and rotational movement on the bolt axis.

The oil cooler is about 1.5 x 4 x 13 inches, and mounts lengthwise just inboard of the starboard wing root. The top surface of the cooler is flush with the top of the wing. Ram air will be fed to the cooler from a scoop on the underside of the center section wing cover, travel upwards through the cooler, and exit into the lower pressure airflow above the wing. Because the cooler is located a foot behind the thickest point of the airfoil the "low pressure" area above the wing is not 100% ideal, but it will still be far lower ambient pressure than the underside of the wing. In order to have more of a pressure drop across the cooler, I would have needed to move the cooler forward near the wing leading edge, and this would require a more complex and heavier cantilever mounting system.

The engine has been mounted onto the engine mount plate more or less permanently. I went from 1 inch risers under the engine to 2 inch risers. I believe this is how Larry C's engine is mounted. Because I didn't want to raise the engine any higher, there was still a difficult interference problem with the aileron torque tubes and the exhaust pipes. I decided to use the system shown recently on the photographs that were posted on the List.... a Y shaped exhaust with the pipes coming inboard from the cylinders, meeting under the engine, and the main muffler or exhaust pipe traveling vertically down the rear of the steel cage.

The large (dry sump) oil tank was another vexing problem that was finally (FINALLY!) resolved to my satisfaction after weeks of head-scratching. A small weldment consisting of two "half-pipe" pieces of steel tube crossed at 90 degrees will allow the tank to mount directly to the Kolb keel tube, keeping it out of the fuel and baggage areas and keeping the oil lines shorter/lighter. This weldment will use large screw type "hose clamps" to hold the tank to the mount,and the mount to the airframe. The HKS installation manual specifies a limited range of "height" where the oil tank can be mounted. Too high above the oil pump and it will flood or drown the oil pump, too low will make the oil pump work too hard to lift the oil out of the tank.

While waiting for this oil tank mount to be "finish-welded", I have started on designing and fabricating the ignition component mounting plate, which will be Adel clamped to the keel tube and the port side steel spar carry-through structure.This will keep the ignition coils, electronic controllers, etc.close to the engine and keep it out of the fuel and baggage areas.

The repairs to the cockpit longerons (bending them back straight), and the structural doublers to the wing spar pin attach lugs have been completed. Only a couple of squirts of Zinc Chromate on the spar root main doubler plates remain. After that all of the crash damage will have been repaired.

Progress is agonizingly slow. But I'm trying to do things right, and extra safe.

Bill Berle
www.ezflaphandle.com  - safety & performance upgrade for light aircraft
www.grantstar.net           - winning proposals for non-profit and for-profit entities

--------------------------------------------
On Mon, 12/12/16, John Hauck <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com> wrote:

Subject: RE: Re: Kolb Sighting in Florida...well, kinda
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Monday, December 12, 2016, 2:05 PM

Wendy:  Sorry to hear about
Patrick.  I wish him well and will keep him in my
prayers.  Patrick and I go back a long
way.  He flew with a radio that had flown to Alaska in
my MKIII.  We met at Monument Valley about 2008. 
I have a photo of Patrick, John Williamson, and me, standing
on the parking pad at MV airstrip.  I found and
attached the photo.  I am going to miss
Patrick's banter on the Kolb List.  I know Larry
Cottrell will miss Patrick's video/audio coaching. 
Wink  Take care my
friend.  john hmkIIITitus, Alabama  From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com
[mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf
Of Patrick Ladd
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2016 10:38 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Kolb Sighting in
Florida...well, kinda  Dear JohnI
have picked up your email on Pat's computer.  I am
sorry to tell you that Pat is terminally ill and is now in a
nearby nursing home permanently.I
am so sorry to be the bearer of such sad news.  He has
always enjoyed his association with the Kolb
List.I would be grateful if you could
circulate the list for me as I am unsure how to do
this.Both Pat and I have fond memories
of meeting you and the others in Monument Valley a few years
ago.All the best to you
allWendy
Ladd

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Richard Pike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing Reply with quote

Anybody who can afford an HKS and do all that stuff can afford a camera; so - pictures or you are making it all up.
JUST KIDDING!
Seriously, looking forward to pictures.
Merry Christmas, keep up the good work.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Forgiving is tough, being forgiven is wonderful, and God's grace really is amazing.
rowedenny

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing Reply with quote

If I understand this correctly, you mounted your oil cooler to the engine base plate which is setting on Lord mounts, and also to the rear spar carry through?
Sounds sketchy at best, I'd let the oil hoses do the flexing and mount the cooler to the airframe only, away from the shaking engine.
Dennis Rowe
Mk3 Rotax 670

Quote:
On Dec 12, 2016, at 6:50 PM, Bill Berle <victorbravo(at)sbcglobal.net> wrote:

If I had not lost my camera, there would be photos attached to this post Smile

I have more or less finalized the layout and design for mounting my HKS engine on the Firestar. Thanks to two fellow EAA chapter members, I have the engine mounting plate cut, shaped, de-burred, lightened, and semi-smoothed. The engine mount plate is semi-permanently mounted on the Kolb airframe Lord mounts. Putting the correct length bolts in and installing the self-lock nuts instead of the "shop work" plain nuts is the last step.

The 3/8" aluminum engine mount plate was designed with a "wing-shaped" extension on the starboard forward corner to serve as the rear mounting for the oil cooler. After much head-scratching and "staring at it", the final position of the oi l cooler was determined, and a rear mounting bracket was fabricated from three pieces of aerospace surplus 2024-T3 extruded angle and (Cool AN470AD4 rivets. Since the rear of the cooler is mounted on something that moves, the forward mounting had to provide enough "compliance" movement on all three axes. The forward mount is a standoff with a single central pivot bolt that is retained through two rubber grommets. This standoff mount is attached to the spar carry-through using modified rubber-padded Adel clamps. This flexible mount arrangement prevents the oil cooler itself from flexing, keeps the front of the cooler attached securely to the airframe, but allows movement in any direction and rotational movement on the bolt axis.

The oil cooler is about 1.5 x 4 x 13 inches, and mounts lengthwise just inboard of the starboard wing root. The top surface of the cooler is flush with the top of the wing. Ram air will be fed to the cooler from a scoop on the underside of the center section wing cover, travel upwards through the cooler, and exit into the lower pressure airflow above the wing. Because the cooler is located a foot behind the thickest point of the airfoil the "low pressure" area above the wing is not 100% ideal, but it will still be far lower ambient pressure than the underside of the wing. In order to have more of a pressure drop across the cooler, I would have needed to move the cooler forward near the wing leading edge, and this would require a more complex and heavier cantilever mounting system.

The engine has been mounted onto the engine mount plate more or less permanently. I went from 1 inch risers under the engine to 2 inch risers. I believe this is how Larry C's engine is mounted. Because I didn't want to raise the engine any higher, there was still a difficult interference problem with the aileron torque tubes and the exhaust pipes. I decided to use the system shown recently on the photographs that were posted on the List.... a Y shaped exhaust with the pipes coming inboard from the cylinders, meeting under the engine, and the main muffler or exhaust pipe traveling vertically down the rear of the steel cage.

The large (dry sump) oil tank was another vexing problem that was finally (FINALLY!) resolved to my satisfaction after weeks of head-scratching. A small weldment consisting of two "half-pipe" pieces of steel tube crossed at 90 degrees will allow the tank to mount directly to the Kolb keel tube, keeping it out of the fuel and baggage areas and keeping the oil lines shorter/lighter. This weldment will use large screw type "hose clamps" to hold the tank to the mount,and the mount to the airframe. The HKS installation manual specifies a limited range of "height" where the oil tank can be mounted. Too high above the oil pump and it will flood or drown the oil pump, too low will make the oil pump work too hard to lift the oil out of the tank.

While waiting for this oil tank mount to be "finish-welded", I have started on designing and fabricating the ignition component mounting plate, which will be Adel clamped to the keel tube and the port side steel spar carry-through structure.This will keep the ignition coils, electronic controllers, etc.close to the engine and keep it out of the fuel and baggage areas.

The repairs to the cockpit longerons (bending them back straight), and the structural doublers to the wing spar pin attach lugs have been completed. Only a couple of squirts of Zinc Chromate on the spar root main doubler plates remain. After that all of the crash damage will have been repaired.

Progress is agonizingly slow. But I'm trying to do things right, and extra safe.

Bill Berle
www.ezflaphandle.com - safety & performance upgrade for light aircraft
www.grantstar.net - winning proposals for non-profit and for-profit entities

On Mon, 12/12/16, John Hauck <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com> wrote:

Subject: RE: Re: Kolb Sighting in Florida...well, kinda
Date: Monday, December 12, 2016, 2:05 PM

Wendy: Sorry to hear about
Patrick. I wish him well and will keep him in my
prayers. Patrick and I go back a long
way. He flew with a radio that had flown to Alaska in
my MKIII. We met at Monument Valley about 2008.
I have a photo of Patrick, John Williamson, and me, standing
on the parking pad at MV airstrip. I found and
attached the photo. I am going to miss
Patrick's banter on the Kolb List. I know Larry
Cottrell will miss Patrick's video/audio coaching.
Wink Take care my
friend. john hmkIIITitus, Alabama From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com
[mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf
Of Patrick Ladd
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2016 10:38 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Kolb Sighting in
Florida...well, kinda Dear JohnI
have picked up your email on Pat's computer. I am
sorry to tell you that Pat is terminally ill and is now in a
nearby nursing home permanently.I
am so sorry to be the bearer of such sad news. He has
always enjoyed his association with the Kolb
List.I would be grateful if you could
circulate the list for me as I am unsure how to do
this.Both Pat and I have fond memories
of meeting you and the others in Monument Valley a few years
ago.All the best to you
allWendy
Ladd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing Reply with quote

That's not quite correct Dennis, I mounted the rear of the oil cooler to the engine mount plate, and the front of the oil cooler to the forward (main) spar carry-trough tube. The front mount has rubber grommets and a pivot bolt, to prevent the cooler from flexing, twisting, or bending. Essentially this design creates a movable mount that is clamped to a fixed part of the airframe.

Tonight after work the oil tank mount gets finish-welded and hopefully painted, and mounted to the airframe..

Bill Berle
www.grantstar.net           - winning proposals for non-profit and for-profit entities

On Thu, 12/15/16, Dennis Rowe <rowedenny(at)windstream.net> wrote:

Subject: Re: Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing
Date: Thursday, December 15, 2016, 2:13 PM

Dennis Rowe <rowedenny(at)windstream.net>

If I understand this correctly, you mounted your oil cooler
to the engine base plate which is setting on Lord mounts,
and also to the rear spar carry through?
Sounds sketchy at best, I'd let the oil hoses do the flexing
and mount the cooler to the airframe only, away from the
shaking engine.

Dennis Rowe
Mk3 Rotax 670

> On Dec 12, 2016, at 6:50 PM, Bill Berle <victorbravo(at)sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
>
>
>
> If I had not lost my camera, there would be photos
attached to this post Smile
>
> I have more or less finalized the layout and design for
mounting my HKS engine on the Firestar. Thanks to two fellow
EAA chapter members, I have the engine mounting plate cut,
shaped, de-burred, lightened, and semi-smoothed. The engine
mount plate is semi-permanently mounted on the Kolb airframe
Lord mounts. Putting the correct length bolts in and
installing the self-lock nuts instead of the "shop work"
plain nuts is the last step.
>
> The 3/8" aluminum engine mount plate was designed with
a "wing-shaped" extension on the starboard forward corner to
serve as the rear mounting for the oil cooler. After much
head-scratching and "staring at it", the final position of
the oi l cooler was determined, and a rear mounting bracket
was fabricated from three pieces of aerospace surplus
2024-T3 extruded angle and (Cool AN470AD4 rivets. Since the
rear of the cooler is mounted on something that moves, the
forward mounting had to provide enough "compliance" movement
on all three axes. The forward mount is a standoff with a
single central pivot bolt that is retained through two
rubber grommets. This standoff mount is attached to the spar
carry-through using modified rubber-padded Adel clamps. This
flexible mount arrangement prevents the oil cooler itself
from flexing, keeps the front of the cooler attached
securely to the airframe, but allows movement in any
direction and rotational movement on the bolt axis.
>
> The oil cooler is about 1.5 x 4 x 13 inches, and mounts
lengthwise just inboard of the starboard wing root. The top
surface of the cooler is flush with the top of the wing. Ram
air will be fed to the cooler from a scoop on the underside
of the center section wing cover, travel upwards through the
cooler, and exit into the lower pressure airflow above the
wing. Because the cooler is located a foot behind the
thickest point of the airfoil the "low pressure" area above
the wing is not 100% ideal, but it will still be far lower
ambient pressure than the underside of the wing. In order to
have more of a pressure drop across the cooler, I would have
needed to move the cooler forward near the wing leading
edge, and this would require a more complex and heavier
cantilever mounting system.
>
> The engine has been mounted onto the engine mount plate
more or less permanently. I went from 1 inch risers 
under the engine to 2 inch risers. I believe this is how
Larry C's engine is mounted. Because I didn't want to raise
the engine any higher, there was still a difficult
interference problem with the aileron torque tubes and the
exhaust pipes. I decided to use the system shown recently on
the photographs that were posted on the List.... a Y shaped
exhaust with the pipes coming inboard from the cylinders,
meeting under the engine, and the main muffler or exhaust
pipe traveling vertically down the rear of the steel cage.
>
> The large (dry sump) oil tank was another vexing
problem that was finally (FINALLY!) resolved to my
satisfaction after weeks of head-scratching. A small
weldment consisting of two "half-pipe" pieces of steel tube
crossed at 90 degrees will allow the tank to mount directly
to the Kolb keel tube, keeping it out of the fuel and
baggage areas and keeping the oil lines shorter/lighter.
This weldment will use large screw type "hose clamps" to
hold the tank to the mount,and the mount to the airframe.
The HKS installation manual specifies a limited range of
"height" where the oil tank can be mounted. Too high above
the oil pump and it will flood or drown the oil pump, too
low will make the oil pump work too hard to lift the oil out
of the tank.
>
> While waiting for this oil tank mount to be
"finish-welded", I have started on designing and fabricating
the ignition component mounting plate, which will be Adel
clamped to the keel tube and the port side steel spar
carry-through structure.This will keep the ignition coils,
electronic controllers, etc.close to the engine and keep it
out of the fuel and baggage areas.
>
> The repairs to the cockpit longerons (bending them back
straight), and the structural doublers to the wing spar pin
attach lugs have been completed. Only a couple of squirts of
Zinc Chromate on the spar root main doubler plates remain.
After that all of the crash damage will have been repaired.
>
> Progress is agonizingly slow. But I'm trying to do
things right, and extra safe.
>
>
>
>
>
> Bill Berle
> www.ezflaphandle.com  - safety & performance
upgrade for light aircraft
> www.grantstar.net       
   - winning proposals for non-profit and
for-profit entities
>
> --------------------------------------------
> On Mon, 12/12/16, John Hauck <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com>
wrote:
>
> Subject: RE: Re: Kolb Sighting in
Florida...well, kinda
> To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
> Date: Monday, December 12, 2016, 2:05 PM
>
> Wendy:  Sorry to hear about
> Patrick.  I wish him well and will keep him in my
> prayers.  Patrick and I go back a long
> way.  He flew with a radio that had flown to
Alaska in
> my MKIII.  We met at Monument Valley about 2008.
> I have a photo of Patrick, John Williamson, and me,
standing
> on the parking pad at MV airstrip.  I found and
> attached the photo.  I am going to miss
> Patrick's banter on the Kolb List.  I know Larry
> Cottrell will miss Patrick's video/audio coaching.
> Wink  Take care my
> friend.  john hmkIIITitus, Alabama  From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com
> [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com]
On Behalf
> Of Patrick Ladd
> Sent: Monday, December 12, 2016 10:38 AM
> To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
> Subject: Re: Re: Kolb Sighting in
> Florida...well, kinda  Dear JohnI
> have picked up your email on Pat's computer.  I
am
> sorry to tell you that Pat is terminally ill and is now
in a
> nearby nursing home permanently.I
> am so sorry to be the bearer of such sad news.  He
has
> always enjoyed his association with the Kolb
> List.I would be grateful if you could
> circulate the list for me as I am unsure how to do
> this.Both Pat and I have fond memories
> of meeting you and the others in Monument Valley a few
years
> ago.All the best to you
> allWendy
> Ladd
>
>
>
>
>

Lists This Month --
Some AWESOME FREE Gifts!)
Raiser.  Click on
more about
Gifts provided
www.aeroelectric.com
www.buildersbooks.com
www.homebuilthelp.com
www.mypilotstore.com
www.mrrace.com
              -Matt
Dralle, List Admin.
Forum -
   - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -
MATRONICS LIST WIKI -
List Contribution Web Site -
              -Matt
Dralle, List Admin.

John Hauck

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing Reply with quote

Recommend mounting cooler to airframe with shock mounts. I used 4 each 582 radiator shock mounts to hang my coolers, coolant and oil, piggy backed, from the rear of the fuselage.

My experience mounting accessories to the engine resulted in severe vibration fatigue.

I have my doubts the way you are mounting your cooler, engine mount and rubber grommets to the airframe.

If you decide to go that route, and I think you have, let us know how it works out after a 100 hours or so.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Al

--

Titus, Alabama
Richard Pike

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing Reply with quote

OK, your first post was 3 days ago and you still don't have any pictures and my feeble mind is having trouble figuring out just exactly what it is you are doing.
Do we need to take up a collection and buy you a camera, so you can post pictures? (Appropriately resized of course) Rolling Eyes

And I say this with a clear conscience, because I spent Monday and Tuesday finishing up the brake disc mounts/spacers for the FF wheels, and yesterday I finished welding up the aileron linkage and lower cage tubes, took pictures, and sent them to my partner for his approval, and have already heard back.

C'mon you slacker, post some pictures! Laughing

Forgiving is tough, being forgiven is wonderful, and God's grace really is amazing.
west1m

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing Reply with quote

OK , So... why don't we get any pictures?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing Reply with quote

John H and Kolbers,

I realize full well that the oil cooler installation I described is "outside the box" and not common. You will have to trust me that I did NOT do it this way just to be a smart aleck (although I'm usually guilty of that too).

My first idea with the cooler was exactly as John H described... vertically mounted at the rear of the fuselage cage. Would have been easy-peasy. But this created two problems. First it would require longer oil hoses to go back and forth between the cooler and the engine AND the oil tank. The HKS manual specifically suggests keeping the oil lines short. Second, the exhaust will be running through that same area right behind the cage. I wanted to keep any oil leakage or seeping from the cooler away from exhaust components for fire safety. More importantly, mounting the exhaust system directly behind the cooler would impede the outflow of air through the cooler, reducing the effectiveness of the cooler.

Nothing would have made me happier than being able to mount the cooler to the airframe only. But the engine mounting structure/configuration of the Kolb was done with the Rotax 2 stroke engine in mind, and adapting another entire class of engine to it creates all sorts of problems.

Another recent poster (and a whole lot of previous posts) was 100% right... leaving the 447 on it would have been much easier. But I have a good reason to want a 4 stroke engine, and I have to put my nose to the grindstone and do what it takes to do things right.
Bill Berle

John Hauck

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing Reply with quote

I don't know that I fully understand the way you have mounted the oil cooler. How about posting some photos.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

--

Titus, Alabama

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing Reply with quote

Yeah, I figure I owe the group some photos after getting everyone all riled up again Smile

I will borrow a camera Saturday if I can't find mine.

Bill Berle

On Fri, 12/16/16, John Hauck <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com> wrote:

Subject: RE: Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing
Date: Friday, December 16, 2016, 1:49 PM

"John Hauck" <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com>

I don't know that I fully understand the way you have
mounted the oil cooler.  How about posting some
photos.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

--

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject: Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing Reply with quote

Trying like hell to attach photos as prmoised.... my e-mail posting keeps getting rejected.

Bill Berle

Herbgh(at)nctc.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:45 am    Post subject: Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing Reply with quote

Bill

A suggestion...I use Photobucket... Its a web site where you can post
your pictures for free...and there seems to be no problem with picture
size...

With that, all you need to do is post the link here buy doing a copy
and paste...Herb
On 12/19/2016 12:46 AM, Bill Berle wrote:
Quote:

Trying like hell to attach photos as prmoised.... my e-mail posting keeps getting rejected.

Bill Berle

--
"Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyranny."

Aristotle

"Daddy, tell me...why are you going to the pig farm for a reeducation and what does it mean "A basket of deplorables"? "Are you unreedemable"? And" who is Stalin and Mao Zedong"? Mark Twain's GGgranddaughter...

Herbgh(at)nctc.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:55 am    Post subject: Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing Reply with quote

Bill

Here is my example...Herb

http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/herbgh/library/?sort=3&page=1

Quote:

Bill Berle

--
"Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyranny."

Aristotle

"Daddy, tell me...why are you going to the pig farm for a reeducation and what does it mean "A basket of deplorables"? "Are you unreedemable"? And" who is Stalin and Mao Zedong"? Mark Twain's GGgranddaughter...

John Hauck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject: Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing Reply with quote

Let's see if we can attach a photo in Alabama. May be a California thing.

John Williamson and me at one of the early Kolb Homecomings.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

Bill Berle

Kold_Homecoming.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  113.13 KB
 Viewed:  12287 Time(s)

Kold_Homecoming.jpg

Titus, Alabama
williamtsullivan(at)att.n

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject: Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing Reply with quote

Came through okay. Nice photo.

do not archive.
On Mon, 12/19/16, John Hauck <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com> wrote:

Subject: RE: Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing
Date: Monday, December 19, 2016, 9:39 AM

Let's see if we can attach a photo in Alabama.  May be
a California thing.

John Williamson and me at one of the early Kolb
Homecomings.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

Trying like hell to attach photos as prmoised.... my e-mail
posting keeps getting rejected.

Bill Berle

John Hauck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject: Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing Reply with quote

Copy and paste into the body of the email has always worked from hauck's holler.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

--

Titus, Alabama
lcottrell

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:25 am    Post subject: Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing Reply with quote

Well Herb, your pictures came through after I got through all the commercials. I got to glance at the pictures for about 20 seconds, then had to click off another advertisement, just got that done and another popped up, cut that off and still another popped up.

Pictures appeared OK, but the pop ups had my lips forming nasty words. :-/
Larry
On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 7:49 AM, John Hauck <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com (jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com)> wrote:
[quote]--> Kolb-List message posted by: "John Hauck" <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com (jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com)>

Copy and paste into the body of the email has always worked from hauck's holler.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

--

Herbgh(at)nctc.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:46 am    Post subject: Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing Reply with quote

Larry
  Interesting...I do not see the popups !  My operating system is Linux Mint 18 and I guess my pop up blocker is doing its job....Smile 

A pic or two shows an Airstart Cart that I drug home the other day...Has an Air Research Gas turbine engine..and the bleed air was used to start older jet aircraft.. and the field behind it is my short strip...700 ft..

Gonna be fun to start it this spring...kick the tires and light the fires sort of thing...but..like everything else I have,,it is for sale... cannot find info on the turbine...model GTCE 85-15-1   .. Bet some of you vets would have some info ? 

Heading out in this 26 degree weather to look at a Firestar project... Made up my mind!!  ha!!  once I get a Firestar...the rest of these planes go!!!  no more!!  New Years resolution !!  Herb

On 12/19/2016 09:25 AM, Larry Cottrell wrote:

[quote] Well Herb, your pictures came through after I got through all the commercials. I got to glance at the pictures for about 20 seconds, then had to click off another advertisement, just got that done and another popped up, cut that off and still another popped up.

Pictures appeared OK, but the pop ups had my lips forming nasty words. :-/
Larry

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 7:49 AM, John Hauck <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com (jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com)> wrote:
[quote]--> Kolb-List message posted by: "John Hauck" <[url=mailto:jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com]jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com (jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com)[/url]>

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

--

neilsenrm(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject: Firestar 2 Progress, slow but continuing Reply with quote

Herb
Photobucket is nasty. Never even got to see even a glimpse of the photo.
I run windows 10 and have been putting off installing a add blocker but any more of that around and I will.
Rick Neilsen
On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 8:55 AM, Herb <Herbgh(at)nctc.com (Herbgh(at)nctc.com)> wrote:
Quote:
--> Kolb-List message posted by: Herb <Herbgh(at)nctc.com (Herbgh(at)nctc.com)>

Bill

Here is my example...Herb

http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/herbgh/library/?sort=3&page=1

Quote:
--> Kolb-List message posted by: Bill Berle <victorbravo(at)sbcglobal.net (victorbravo(at)sbcglobal.net)>

Bill Berle
www.grantstar.net           - winning proposals for non-profit and for-profit entities

--

Aristotle

====================================
br> fts!)
r> > /www.aeroelectric.com" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">www.aeroelectric.com
w.buildersbooks.com" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">www.buildersbooks.com
p.com" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">www.homebuilthelp.com
e.com" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">www.mypilotstore.com
" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">www.mrrace.com
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
-List" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
FORUMS -
eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
WIKI -
errer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
b Site -
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: