Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kolb-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 01/17/17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
byoungplumbing(at)gmail.c

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Kolb-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 01/17/17 Reply with quote

The kits that leave  Kolb are not airplanes,.  They are just kits.   The numbers stamped on at the factory are factory control numbers.  My guess is liability control numbers,. When I bought a kit, I had to sign a waiver,. I'll bet my waiver and their stamped number are attached in a file.    
After you receive the kit,. Put 500 or so hours in it, you turn all the bits and pieces into an airplane,.  Except for part 103,.  In which case you turn all the bits into a vehicle.   I regress,. Because you are the manufacture of the airplane, you choose what serial number you want on it.       Kolb's control number may or may not, your choice, be included.
Boyd young

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
John Hauck

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Kolb-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 01/17/17 Reply with quote

Boyd/Kolbers:

I've had three kits from 1984 to 1991.  The US and FS had no serial or control numbers on the airframe or paperwork.  The MKIII had a serial number in the paperwork, but no ID on the airframe.  I went ahead and used M3-011 which was on the paperwork to register and ID my completed airplane.

If I had wanted to, as you described below, I could have used any number I wanted.  Thought about AF1, but I was an Army aviator and couldn't live with AF ID.  Wink

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of B Young
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 9:47 AM
To: Kolb List
Subject: Re: Kolb-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 01/17/17

The kits that leave Kolb are not airplanes,. They are just kits. The numbers stamped on at the factory are factory control numbers. My guess is liability control numbers,. When I bought a kit, I had to sign a waiver,. I'll bet my waiver and their stamped number are attached in a file.
After you receive the kit,. Put 500 or so hours in it, you turn all the bits and pieces into an airplane,. Except for part 103,. In which case you turn all the bits into a vehicle. I regress,. Because you are the manufacture of the airplane, you choose what serial number you want on it. Kolb's control number may or may not, your choice, be included.
Boyd young

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Titus, Alabama
ceengland7(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Kolb-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 01/17/17 Reply with quote

AAF-1? 

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/fdr-becomes-first-president-to-travel-by-airplane-on-u-s-official-business

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 10:16 AM, John Hauck <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com (jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Boyd/Kolbers:

I've had three kits from 1984 to 1991.  The US and FS had no serial or control numbers on the airframe or paperwork.  The MKIII had a serial number in the paperwork, but no ID on the airframe.  I went ahead and used M3-011 which was on the paperwork to register and ID my completed airplane.

If I had wanted to, as you described below, I could have used any number I wanted.  Thought about AF1, but I was an Army aviator and couldn't live with AF ID.  Wink

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of B Young

The kits that leave  Kolb are not airplanes,.  They are just kits.   The numbers stamped on at the factory are factory control numbers.  My guess is liability control numbers,. When I bought a kit, I had to sign a waiver,. I'll bet my waiver and their stamped number are attached in a file.    
After you receive the kit,. Put 500 or so hours in it, you turn all the bits and pieces into an airplane,.  Except for part 103,.  In which case you turn all the bits into a vehicle.   I regress,. Because you are the manufacture of the airplane, you choose what serial number you want on it.       Kolb's control number may or may not, your choice, be included.
Boyd young

victorbravo(at)sbcglobal.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Kolb-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 01/17/17 Reply with quote

Regardless of what anyone else is or is not allowed to do, I think Army aviators have earned extra privilege to use any number they want, at any time, for any reason Smile

Bill Berle
www.ezflaphandle.com  - safety & performance upgrade for light aircraft
www.grantstar.net           - winning proposals for non-profit and for-profit entities

--------------------------------------------
On Wed, 1/18/17, John Hauck <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com> wrote:

Subject: RE: Re: Kolb-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 01/17/17
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 8:16 AM

#yiv5670064864
#yiv5670064864 --

_filtered #yiv5670064864 {panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
_filtered #yiv5670064864 {font-family:Calibri;panose-1:2 15
5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
_filtered #yiv5670064864 {font-family:Tahoma;panose-1:2 11
6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
#yiv5670064864
#yiv5670064864 p.yiv5670064864MsoNormal, #yiv5670064864
li.yiv5670064864MsoNormal, #yiv5670064864
div.yiv5670064864MsoNormal
{margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;}
#yiv5670064864 a:link, #yiv5670064864
span.yiv5670064864MsoHyperlink
{color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}
#yiv5670064864 a:visited, #yiv5670064864
span.yiv5670064864MsoHyperlinkFollowed
{color:purple;text-decoration:underline;}
#yiv5670064864 p
{margin-right:0in;margin-left:0in;font-size:12.0pt;}
#yiv5670064864 span.yiv5670064864EmailStyle18
{color:#1F497D;}
#yiv5670064864 .yiv5670064864MsoChpDefault
{}
_filtered #yiv5670064864 {margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
#yiv5670064864 div.yiv5670064864WordSection1
{}
#yiv5670064864 Boyd/Kolbers:  I've had three kits from 1984
to 1991.  The US and FS had no serial or control numbers on
the airframe or paperwork.  The MKIII had a serial number
in the paperwork, but no ID on the airframe.  I went ahead
and used M3-011 which was on the paperwork to register and
ID my completed airplane.  If I had wanted to, as you
described below, I could have used any number I wanted. 
Thought about AF1, but I was an Army aviator and
couldn't live with AF ID.  Wink  john hmkIIITitus, Alabama  From:
owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com
[mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf
Of B Young
Sent: Wednesday,
January 18, 2017 9:47 AM
To: Kolb
List
Subject: Re:
Kolb-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 01/17/17  The kits that
leave  Kolb are not airplanes,.  They are just kits.  
The numbers stamped on at the factory are factory control
numbers.  My guess is liability control numbers,. When I
bought a kit, I had to sign a waiver,. I'll bet my
waiver and their stamped number are attached in a
file.     After you receive the kit,. Put 500 or
so hours in it, you turn all the bits and pieces into an
airplane,.  Except for part 103,.  In which case you turn
all the bits into a vehicle.   I regress,. Because you are
the manufacture of the airplane, you choose what serial
number you want on it.       Kolb's control number
may or may not, your choice, be included.Boyd
young

John Hauck

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Kolb-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 01/17/17 Reply with quote

Always thought of the US Army Air Corps all the way through WWII until it became a separate service, USAF in 1947.  Now I've learned the US Army Air Force was established 20 June 1941.

Well...Miss P'fer is M3-011.  She's a Kolb and doesn't relate to much more than what she was designed to do, and that is to make one think, build, fly to adventure, and enjoy.  I'll stick to my grass roots. 

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Charlie England
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:40 AM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Re: Kolb-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 01/17/17

AAF-1?

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/fdr-becomes-first-president-to-travel-by-airplane-on-u-s-official-business

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 10:16 AM, John Hauck <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com (jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com)> wrote:
Boyd/Kolbers:

I've had three kits from 1984 to 1991. The US and FS had no serial or control numbers on the airframe or paperwork. The MKIII had a serial number in the paperwork, but no ID on the airframe. I went ahead and used M3-011 which was on the paperwork to register and ID my completed airplane.

If I had wanted to, as you described below, I could have used any number I wanted. Thought about AF1, but I was an Army aviator and couldn't live with AF ID. Wink

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of B Young

The kits that leave Kolb are not airplanes,. They are just kits. The numbers stamped on at the factory are factory control numbers. My guess is liability control numbers,. When I bought a kit, I had to sign a waiver,. I'll bet my waiver and their stamped number are attached in a file.
After you receive the kit,. Put 500 or so hours in it, you turn all the bits and pieces into an airplane,. Except for part 103,. In which case you turn all the bits into a vehicle. I regress,. Because you are the manufacture of the airplane, you choose what serial number you want on it. Kolb's control number may or may not, your choice, be included.
Boyd young

Titus, Alabama
John Hauck

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Kolb-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 01/17/17 Reply with quote

I'll have to agree with that. We aren't proud either, especially those of us that flew in VN.

Helicopters got me interested in ultralights after I retired from the Army, and especially Kolbs. After I got my US built and flown I had found something very, very close to helicopters in a much cheaper, safer package. I still enjoy those capabilities after 33 years.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

Regardless of what anyone else is or is not allowed to do, I think Army aviators have earned extra privilege to use any number they want, at any time, for any reason Smile

Bill Berle

Titus, Alabama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: