Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AW: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alfred Buess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: AW: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

As always Switzerland is a special case in the european system: We are a member of the Schengen system, but not member of the EU. That means you have to enter Switzerland via a customs airfield. No hassle, you are very welcome!

Regards, Alfred
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨
Alfred Buess
Europa XS HB-YKI, Ercoupe 415-E N94804

Von: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com] Im Auftrag von davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk
Gesendet: Dienstag, 7. Februar 2017 17:08
An: europa-list(at)matronics.com
Betreff: Re: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe

Carl, You may have had most of the answers you need already, but my replies would be:
1. RT is identical the world over for formal ATC services The only exception to that would be that a very few French airfields have a published policy of French only, and you need fairly fluent French for those. However 95%+ (?) and none of the customs airfields are like that so it is most unlikely you will stumble on such an airfield in error. Full details of all french airfields, complete with plates are available on the SIA website (see the club website Flying abroad section) so don't rely on some out of date French Pooleys equivalent!
2. Yes
3. Yes, but once you have landed at one you can carry on throughout Shengen at any airfield until you come to leave Schengen when you should again use a customs airfield. Several trips within last year confirm this. Again consult SIA for up to date info.
4. No only initial port of entry into Schengen. You could incidentally fly right across France without landing and clear customs in Germany or wherever.
5. English rules apply: You need an FPL if crossing an IFR boundary, or if crossing dangerous terrain, like the Alps. The occasional east europe country may still require one for any flight but certainly not France or Germany. You will find that most French and German airfields of any consequence will have computer systems or phone in systems where it is easy , and quick so doing it as you go along is straightforward.
Currently skiing but happy to talk over any uncertainties when I return. You will find my number in the club mag
Regards David Joyce, trips coordinator.

On 2017-02-03 21:44, carlp101 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: "carlp101" <cparkinson(at)cisc-uk.com (cparkinson(at)cisc-uk.com)> Well. With or without other Europa pilots I'm planning to come. I've only familiar with flying in the UK. I have lots of questions. I hope you don't mind. 1. Are there any differences in RT procedures in other counties? 2. Is the handover procedure between counties in Europe the same as between the UK and France?3. I assume I have to land at a customs in France before continuing. Is that correct?4. Do I have to land at customs in each country?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well. With or without other Europa pilots I'm planning to come.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
John Wighton

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: AW: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

Switzerland is a wonderful place to fly. Just don't enter the country at Buochs - expensive, rude and inflexible. Unfortunate as l used to live next to the airfield and work at Pilatus Aircraft in the same valley.

I recommend Grenchen, a CHF25 customs, landing fee and some nice people.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

riddon(at)sent.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: AW: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

I also had a bad experience at Buochs. Used their on line service to book in but did not get the requisite acknowledgement and when I arrived and called them from about 10 miles away they refused to let me land at first. Told me that I had to go back to France. I hadn’t enough fuel for that so after some argument they eventually let me in but as John says, very expensive and inflexible. The ground crew were. if fact quite accommodating once I had landed. One guy even ran me into town but I would not go there again.

Richard Iddon

G-RIXS
Quote:
On 8 Feb 2017, at 12:37, John Wighton <john(at)wighton.net> wrote:

Switzerland is a wonderful place to fly. Just don't enter the country at Buochs - expensive, rude and inflexible. Unfortunate as l used to live next to the airfield and work at Pilatus Aircraft in the same valley.

I recommend Grenchen, a CHF25 customs, landing fee and some nice people.

--------
John Wighton
Europa XS trigear G-IPOD

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=465888#465888

carlp101

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: AW: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

Many, many thanks to everyone who has spent the time to help me out. So. Roll-on June and Germany!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: