Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question...favor...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
randy(at)shadycreekoutlaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Question...favor... Reply with quote

Hey Guys...

I have a question/favor from some of you XL kit builders out there who are working on your wings, or have your wing kit...  I'm a scratch builder and my #2 right, rear wing rib seems to 'out of spec'.  I've checked it with the plans and it measures out OK, but just to rest my mind I was wandering if someone would measure their kit part, #2 right rear rib at the locations shown on the lame drawing that is attached and tell me those dimensions...?

Thanks in advance,

Randy
XL Wings - Plans Only
http://www.n344rb.com

Do Not Archive

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List

2_RearRib.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.47 KB
 Viewed:  119 Time(s)

2_RearRib.gif

JAPhillipsGA(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Question...favor... Reply with quote

Randy, I can't measure the rib so I can't help much other than to say there was some wrap effect of the rear spar to fit correctly the ribs correctly. Also check the size of your spacer blocks under the ribs. Even a couple mms could change the shape at the distance of the rib over the length of the rib. On another topic, you are probably the smartest computer guy I have met. I want to start up a web page, but don't have a clue where to start. If you get a moment write me off list, Best Regards, B of G
do not archive

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

dredmoody(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Question...favor... Reply with quote

Hi Randy,

I'm building a 601XL from a complete kit (ordered 9DEC05, received 15MAR06). I'm currently assembling the second wing skeleton.... about to drill to attach the rear ribs of the right wing to the rear spar channel. I didn't notice any problem with the length of any of the rear ribs on the right wing when I assembled it. I haven't attached the rear spar to the left skeleton so I can't comment on that one yet.

I'm taking for granted that you have double checked the location of the #2 rear rib on both main and rear spars.... that could cause an apparent length issue. It may be too late in a couple more days when I get back to the wing to measure (it's not at my home) but if you haven't resolved the problem by then, I'll measure my left #2 rear rib as you asked as well as checking its compatibility with the rest of the ribs.

Ed Moody II
Rayne, LA
601XL / 2nd wing

---- Randy Bryant <randy(at)shadycreekoutlaws.com> wrote:
Quote:
Hey Guys...

I have a question/favor from some of you XL kit builders out there who are working on your wings, or have your wing kit... I'm a scratch builder and my #2 right, rear wing rib seems to 'out of spec'. I've checked it with the plans and it measures out OK, but just to rest my mind I was wandering if someone would measure their kit part, #2 right rear rib at the locations shown on the lame drawing that is attached and tell me those dimensions...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: