Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The New Kolb Aircraft Co.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lcottrell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: The New Kolb Aircraft Co. Reply with quote

Hi,
I know that there was a thread recently about TNK not being helpful. I also know that it was answered by quite a few people that their experience had been a lot different. Even though the answer has been given in the affirmative I wanted to relate what happened to me today.

I am buying some used parts from Terry Davis, legs and axles. The deal was that I should give him half the new cost, which is a great deal for me. The only way that I could find that information was to call TNK. Now I have to say that it takes a lot of balls to call a company that makes it living by selling us parts and planes and ask them to help you save money. I put it off until I was feeling guilty about not getting Terry any money. ( I had written him once hoping that he would just set a price, he wouldn't) So I called Travis today at TNK, and I was honest with him, told him what I was about, tried to apologize for being such a jerk. He would have none of it and gave me the information that I needed, and much more besides. He also lamented the rise in prices that every thing from metal to nuts and bolts that they had to pass on to the customer. I am not sure how any conversation with the guys at TNK could be confused with not being helpful at all. I have dealt with both companies, old and new, and I have to tell you that this one is one of the easiest that I have ever found.

Count me as a fan!
Larry, Oregon

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Ralph Hoover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The New Kolb Aircraft Co. Reply with quote

I second that emotion! I have spoken to and been a pain in the touché to almost everyone at TNK and they have not even batted an eye. I have called on a Monday and on a Friday, no difference. They have answered questions pertaining to the Old Kolb Company with as much enthusiasm as if they were selling you a new Kolb. I have never dealt with any other plane manufacturer, but I have considerable experience in the business world with Manufacturers, Wholesalers, Distributors and Dealers of all sorts of Industrial, Commercial and end user products and I can emphatically say "each and everyone of these business could learn a great lesson from each and every individual that is allowed to pick-up a phone at TNK Aircraft Company. I am Blessed by that relationship and not one time have they tried to rush me off or not gotten back to me when they said they would.

In the Business world of today they are "Certified FREAKS"! I somewhat remember many many years ago that almost every legitimate business treated me like that. What happened?

Satisifed Ralph of Ohio

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

John Cooley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: The New Kolb Aircraft Co. Reply with quote

Hi Gang,
I think the New Kolb folks are a great bunch of people and will try to help when possible. I know I have talked to Travis several times and he has been very cordial and helpful, more so than he has to be.
I believe the confusion about them not being helpful is when we call and ask for parts for a plane that they don’t build or sell, such as a Twinstar Mark II, ultrastar, original Firestars etc. The planes that were no longer being sold when the Kolb company swapped hands are not supported by the TNK bunch and therefore they can’t help with supplying parts for them, but that is what this great list is for. Most of the time someone on the list knows that a particular part for a Mark II is the same as what is currently on the Firestars and can be ordered that way. That might not always be the case, but lots of times it is.
My 2 cents.

Do not archive

Take care,
John Cooley   

QUOTE:

Hi,

I know that there was a thread recently about TNK not being helpful. I also know that it was answered by quite a few people that their experience had been a lot different. Even though the answer has been given in the affirmative I wanted to relate what happened to me today.

I am not sure how any conversation with the guys at TNK could be confused with not being helpful at all. I have dealt with both companies, old and new, and I have to tell you that this one is one of the easiest that I have ever found.

Count me as a fan!

Larry, Oregon

travis(at)tnkolbaircraft.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: The New Kolb Aircraft Co. Reply with quote

Thank you Larry very much Sir  for the kind words Always glad to help

Travis (at) Kolb
[quote] ---

Roger Lee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: The New Kolb Aircraft Co. Reply with quote

Hi All,

I to have had nothing but great service, support and help from the group at TNK.
TNK if you read this , Thank You!

Roger Lee
Tucson,Az

Light Sport Repairman
Home 520-574-1080 TRY HOME FIRST
Cell 520-349-7056
Ralph Hoover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The New Kolb Aircraft Co. Reply with quote

I smell a HUGE discount for each and every one of the previous responders to thsi thread!

Unfortunatly, I have no control of TNK's pocketbook! But I probably, because of the heat in Ohio right now, do smell!

Ohio Ralph

Craig.Nelson(at)heraeus.c

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: The New Kolb Aircraft Co. Reply with quote

Travis thank you for all your support over the past 6 years you have always Ben there for me and have gone the extra mile for the milows. Travis has helped us even when there are not only so many aircraft that TNK did not build or engineer but to keep up with changes and improvements on the current aircraft. He has gone out of his way to get parts that are no longer made at TNK. If you can give him an example he can get her done. We love these little birds and it is refreshing when someone goes beyond expectations of the employer and gives thankless service!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again from Milow Tim and Uncle craig thanks Travis and TNK
Uncle craig
Do not archive

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Travis Brown
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 11:38 AM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: The New Kolb Aircraft Co.

Thank you Larry very much Sir  for the kind words Always glad to help

Travis (at) Kolb
[quote]
---

ElleryWeld(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: The New Kolb Aircraft Co. Reply with quote

Now that's the Travis I have come to know  also Very nice people at TNK they have helped me out also and I am hoping sometime in the future I will be able to buy a NEW KIT from them
I got a MK3 Extra on my wish list

Ellery in Rebuilt Original Firestar and another one on the way to rebuild

do not archive

travis(at)tnkolbaircraft.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: The New Kolb Aircraft Co. Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the kind words.
I give 100 % to keep people happy and provide good service.
I know what it means to have support when you need it.

Travis (at) Kolb

[quote] ---

bill_joe(at)bellsouth.net

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: The New Kolb Aircraft Co. Reply with quote

I agree with Larry and Uncle Craig, the entire crew up there at TNK are a great bunch of people to do business with from the owner, Mister Chestnut and all. I have always got super service from them and consider the entire crew good friends.
       And my special thanks to Travis for his service and help. Travis and Donnie make a good team.

Bill Futrell
[quote] ---

icrashrc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: The New Kolb Aircraft Co. Reply with quote

Two thumbs up from northern Indiana as well. Travis, Donnie, and Bruce from TNK have done nothing but bend over backwards to help with any question I've had.

Brian and Helen from Custom Air have also been a tremendous help.

Almost everyone on this list has been helpful whether they know it or not.

Thank you one and all,

Scott Thompson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: