Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LET'S NOT SCARE ANYBODY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
netmaster15(at)juno.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: LET'S NOT SCARE ANYBODY Reply with quote

Francis,

Have you sold your YAK 50 yet? An acquaintance has asked me "will Mr
Butler allow me to fly the aircraft before I put up earnest money"?
He has no tailwheel time but is willing to acquire 2 hours of dual in a
Piper cub before he sets out for North Dakota , He is a competent ,low
time Cessna 152 pilot with approximately 200 hours of flight time. I
told him that was YOUR decision, however, the least he should expect is
to
have you crouch on the wing and give him a gentle, non-alarming ,
pre-start, pre-taxi,pre-flight briefing.
Now, Francis, I must tell you that I love MY YAK 50 so much, I am
thinking of buying a second copy to keep at my summer time No. Carolina
home. That way I can avoid the necessity of a multi-stop, round trip
from Florida to N.C. each year. Would you be so kind as to send me the
specs --component times and equipment plus spares --applicable to your
aircraft .When were the control surfaces recovered last?

Warm Regards,

Cliff

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 17:12:50 -0500 Francis Butler <francisbutler(at)mac.com>
writes:
Quote:

<francisbutler(at)mac.com>

Lets not scare anybody with limited tail-wheel time from buying a
Yak 50. Any competent pilot can easily make the transition. I
bought mine when I had Zero tail-wheel time. Two hours dual in a
Champ, another half dozen hours of champ solo time and I was off
flying my 50. A little intimidating first time taxiing out, but the
aircraft does not have any hidden surprises.

On another note, any Yakkers transitioning through North Dakota To
or From Oshkosh are welcome to stop in Fargo. Have room for one
maybe two yaks in my hanger and probably more space available over
at the Fargo Air Museum. Or just stop for lunch, my hanger has
large deck, grill and have refreshments in the fridge. Advance
notice of arrival would be appreciated. Located on the South-East
corner of Fargo (FAR) directly North of Fargo Air Museum. Even you
CJ guys are welcome.

Regards,
Francis Butler
hanger 701 239-4532
cell 701 238-1826

do not archive

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
francisbutler(at)mac.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: LET'S NOT SCARE ANYBODY Reply with quote

Do not archive

Cliff
Have not sold my 50 yet. Kind of why I don't want to many stories out there intimidating prospective buyers. Yes, the 50 could be a challenge for the unaware, but any competent Yak 52 pilot can catch on quickly, not sure of the CJ guys though. (kidding, just kidding)

I recently reduced the price to a very attractive level considering the equipment that goes with the aircraft and the Hoffman 3 blade prop upgrade ($12,000). Sorry, cant let your buddy fly the aircraft before the sale. Even if it was a 152, I would not let a prospective buyer fly solo. Be glad to demonstrate starting, taxi, and will fly it around the patch so he can see it fly. Someone is going to get a very nice 50 at a very fair price. I can deliver it if need be.

I to love this airplane. Every time I taxi in from a flight, I tell myself to pull it off the market. Actually kind of hope it doesn't sell for awhile as I would like to fly it down to the Yak deal in Selma this Fall. When I had my 52, I was in Selma a couple of times for instruction from Gennady E. and ended up buying Scott Patterson's 50 as well a few years back.
Selma's a great place for flying and Scott and Buddy have always been very gracious host's.

The following link will get you to a web page with all the information on my Yak 50.

http://homepage.mac.com/francisbutler/

Regards,
Francis

On Thursday, July 20, 2006, at 10:49PM, Cliff Umscheid <netmaster15(at)juno.com> wrote:

Quote:

Francis,

Have you sold your YAK 50 yet? An acquaintance has asked me "will Mr
Butler allow me to fly the aircraft before I put up earnest money"?
He has no tailwheel time but is willing to acquire 2 hours of dual in a
Piper cub before he sets out for North Dakota , He is a competent ,low
time Cessna 152 pilot with approximately 200 hours of flight time. I
told him that was YOUR decision, however, the least he should expect is
to
have you crouch on the wing and give him a gentle, non-alarming ,
pre-start, pre-taxi,pre-flight briefing.
Now, Francis, I must tell you that I love MY YAK 50 so much, I am
thinking of buying a second copy to keep at my summer time No. Carolina
home. That way I can avoid the necessity of a multi-stop, round trip
from Florida to N.C. each year. Would you be so kind as to send me the
specs --component times and equipment plus spares --applicable to your
aircraft .When were the control surfaces recovered last?

Warm Regards,

Cliff

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 17:12:50 -0500 Francis Butler <francisbutler(at)mac.com>
writes:
>
> <francisbutler(at)mac.com>
>
>
> Lets not scare anybody with limited tail-wheel time from buying a
> Yak 50. Any competent pilot can easily make the transition. I
> bought mine when I had Zero tail-wheel time. Two hours dual in a
> Champ, another half dozen hours of champ solo time and I was off
> flying my 50. A little intimidating first time taxiing out, but the
> aircraft does not have any hidden surprises.
>
> On another note, any Yakkers transitioning through North Dakota To
> or From Oshkosh are welcome to stop in Fargo. Have room for one
> maybe two yaks in my hanger and probably more space available over
> at the Fargo Air Museum. Or just stop for lunch, my hanger has
> large deck, grill and have refreshments in the fridge. Advance
> notice of arrival would be appreciated. Located on the South-East
> corner of Fargo (FAR) directly North of Fargo Air Museum. Even you
> CJ guys are welcome.
>
> Regards,
> Francis Butler
> hanger 701 239-4532
> cell 701 238-1826
>
> do not archive
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

mark.bitterlich(at)navy.m

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: LET'S NOT SCARE ANYBODY Reply with quote

Just another view from the crowd.

Francis's package deal on his airplane and parts (the parts alone are worth a LOT) is the best deal I have seen in a long long time. I was seriously considering trying to sell my 50 just to be able to buy his (again... along with all those PARTS!). Add the Hoffman prop and it is a real steal of a deal.

Francis, I think you're NUTS to sell that airplane, but I understand that sometimes money can just not be ignored. I am just amazed that someone has not jumped on that thing like white on rice. Maybe you need to RAISE the price!

Take care,

Mark
--

francisbutler(at)mac.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: LET'S NOT SCARE ANYBODY Reply with quote

Do not archive

Gunny
I had the price higher, but no takers. Someone is going to get a very nice aircraft at a very attractive price. It's not that I can't afford to keep it, it just that I have no other Yak guys to fly with up here. Half the fun is going out flying with your buddies. At one point in time we had several Yak owners on the field, now just me. I recently bought a new Extra 300L and have been flying that along with commuting to the lake with the RV-8 that I built. I've had 3 Yaks and hate to get out of the radial engine deal for sure.

I'm at my office at the airport and Bob Odegaard and his son Casey just taxied up next door to the Fargo Air Museum with their P-51 Mustang and their Super Corsair, Race 57. I have flown backseat in both of these aircraft and can honestly say the strapping on a Yak 50 gives a very similar feeling just in a smaller size. This tailwheel stuff isn't rocket science, Casey received his initial tailwheel training and endorsement in the Mustang from his dad. (nothing like starting at the top).

With 600 hours in your 50, you must be the highest time 50 pilot in the US. I've owned mine for 6 years and have only put on a 100 hours or so. The winters and windy crappy weather in the Dakota's just doesn't promote a ton of flying in model such as the 50. With the lack of interest, I'll probably just keep it. Show up in Selma, maybe we can get a group of 50's together. You can teach us all something.

Semper Fi
Francis

On Friday, July 21, 2006, at 01:28PM, Bitterlich, Mark G CIV Det Cherry Point, MALS-14 64E <mark.bitterlich(at)navy.mil> wrote:

Quote:

Just another view from the crowd.

Francis's package deal on his airplane and parts (the parts alone are worth a LOT) is the best deal I have seen in a long long time. I was seriously considering trying to sell my 50 just to be able to buy his (again... along with all those PARTS!). Add the Hoffman prop and it is a real steal of a deal.

Francis, I think you're NUTS to sell that airplane, but I understand that sometimes money can just not be ignored. I am just amazed that someone has not jumped on that thing like white on rice. Maybe you need to RAISE the price!

Take care,

Mark

Gpw678(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: LET'S NOT SCARE ANYBODY Reply with quote

HI FRANCIS,
where is your aircraft based? what is the nearest port.
thanks

gerald

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: