Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yak 52 or 18 t

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Limpopo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Yak 52 or 18 t Reply with quote

Hi I am Andre Naude this is my first message. I have recently sold my Mooney M20F and is now intersted in a Yak 52 or 18 T. My question is on the maitanance cost of the Yak. These maintanance costs are minimized by the salesman for being less expensive than the Mooney. I don't want my into a bee nest again. What is the annuals the Tbo and Ad and mods onthe engine and airframe. What type of rating should I have.

Andre 

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
dsavarese(at)elmore.rr.co

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Yak 52 or 18 t Reply with quote

Yes, the maintenance cost is much less than a Mooney.  Who is the salesman you're talking to and where is he located?  Annuals depend on who is doing them and how well you have maintained your airplane yourself in the previous year.  Typically they average between $1000 and $2000 US.  Again it depends on how well you've maintained the airplane during the previous year.  Also, maintenance costs are a reflection of how well the airplane was maintained before you owned it an if it had a true overhaul recently.  All of the Yak 52's I deliver are zero time airframe, engine and propeller.  In other words, perfect airplanes that look and feel like new when you take delivery.  In my humble opinion, that is the only way to start off owning a Yak 52.

I do not recommend you purchase a used Yak 52 without a QUALIFIED pre-purchase inspection.   Without a pre-purchase inspection you could be setting yourself up for a lot of costly repairs.

Feel free to call me if you'd like to discuss purchasing a "perfect" Yak 52.  I'm in the U.S. and on central time.  334-285-2141.
Best regards,
Dennis

[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Limpopo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Yak 52 or 18 t Reply with quote

Dennis

I am situated in South Africa. Do you have 52 and 18t in stock

andre
[quote] ---

Gpw678(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Yak 52 or 18 t Reply with quote

Hi Andre,

there are a few of us also in South Africa here who own 52s and 18ts. Both are great aircraft. I have a new rebuild 52 on it's way from Lithuainia to join 2 others at FAVG (Virginia) and  four of us are looking at an 18t to share to run as well (a true 4 seater) There are some 52s and 18ts for sale here, but as Dave said, make sure you know it's History or get a "new" one. There a couple of guys who can do a prepurchase inspection, but i use Vladimir an ex USSR engineer, who worked on them for about 15 years. If i can be of any help, please mail me. And, welcome to the Yak club!!

Gerald Williams

Limpopo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Yak 52 or 18 t Reply with quote

Hallo Gerald

Thanks for the info. I know about 4 in the market here in SA. They are priced aroud R 400 - R450k. Perhaps I can import better (like Zero hours) for the same price.
Original Message -----
Quote:
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2006 4:05 PM
Subject: Re: Yak 52 or 18 t

Hi Andre,

there are a few of us also in South Africa here who own 52s and 18ts. Both are great aircraft. I have a new rebuild 52 on it's way from Lithuainia to join 2 others at FAVG (Virginia) and  four of us are looking at an 18t to share to run as well (a true 4 seater) There are some 52s and 18ts for sale here, but as Dave said, make sure you know it's History or get a "new" one. There a couple of guys who can do a prepurchase inspection, but i use Vladimir an ex USSR engineer, who worked on them for about 15 years. If i can be of any help, please mail me. And, welcome to the Yak club!!

Gerald Williams

Gpw678(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Yak 52 or 18 t Reply with quote

to be honest with the rand at around 13 to the £ or 7 to the US$, the chances of getting a "new" one are remote to nil for that price. where are the ones you are looking at? mail me at gpw678(at)aol.com (gpw678(at)aol.com) and i will give you my mobile number. gerald

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: