Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Security Alert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ernie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Security Alert Reply with quote

Our Aviation threat level has been elevated to RED, if you are flying you CANNOT bring aboard ANY fluids. So make sure you take a good long pee before boarding Smile

Ernie

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
HawkerPilot2015

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Security Alert Reply with quote

We had countless crews have to give up EVERYTHING going through security today! So there you are on the beginning of a four day trip with no tooth paste, hair gel (for those so inclined), mouthwash....anything liquid.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Last edited by HawkerPilot2015 on Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
johnhilterman1(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Security Alert Reply with quote

Yeah, and I had to give up a pair of fingernail clippers after 9/11 even
though I was in uniform, had an airline ID, and was working. When I told
the TSA idiot that I had access to a rather menacing looking crash axe on
the flight deck, he said it didn't matter, he was just doing his job. WTFO!

Hitman

--

viperdoc(at)mindspring.co

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Security Alert Reply with quote

Hitman,
I hope you have access to a .357, .45, or 9mm on the flight deck now.
Realizing that some of the contents of those harmless bottles can in
combination be turned into a gas in a volume that can be explosive as well
just plain toxic if inhaled. I am not going into some of the things that
can do that but they exist in your home, can be purchased in any grocery
store or drug store. These bastards are clever bunch.
I am for nuking them and nuking them often...Iran, Anbar Providence, and
the ruleless frontier of Pakistan. Syria sneeze an you will next.
And no, this has not got anything to do with flying and maintaining YAKs or
CJ's except if these radical clerics are allowed to continue spouting
hatred for their Mosques' inciting seditious behavior are going to get us
all grounded again like 911!
When are these secular liberals going to figure it out? These people want
us dead!
Doc
Quote:
[Original Message]
To: <yak-list(at)matronics.com>
Date: 8/10/2006 6:51:45 PM
Subject: RE: Re: Security Alert

<johnhilterman1(at)cox.net>

Quote:

the flight deck, he said it didn't matter, he was just doing his job.
WTFO!

[quote]
Hitman

--

aerobaticgirl(at)yahoo.co

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Security Alert Reply with quote

In my humble (or not so, for those that know me) opinion.....
I think that anything we need to do to help the effort is a good thing. We all need to be vigilant and comply with the regs to ensure that the one in a gazillion dudes that board an airplane are not allowed to get on with a menacing weapon.

To caveat that, I say that anything that ensures the average dumb American that TSA is doing their job, gives them a false sense of security is a good thing.

All of us who take to the air on a regular basis know there is a threat out there, but we don't let it consume us.

There is a large majority, however, that is driven by daily events....just look at how the stock market fluctuates based on these things.

So, I think that these immediate, drastic measures are being taken to passify that minority.

My 2 cents....

Smash

"John W. Hilterman Jr." <johnhilterman1(at)cox.net> wrote:
[quote]--> Yak-List message posted by: "John W. Hilterman Jr."

the flight deck, he said it didn't matter, he was just doing his job. WTFO!

Hitman

--

L39parts(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Security Alert Reply with quote

So in addition to the indignity of the TSA screening process, passengers
will now have to face flight crews with bad hair and bad breath....

You may have to start checking your bags and hanging around the carosel for
an hour after the flight like the rest of us.

---

HawkerPilot2015

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: Security Alert Reply with quote

L39parts(at)hotmail.com wrote:

You may have to start checking your bags and hanging around the carosel for
an hour after the flight like the rest of us.

---

They have thought about that but "uncommon" common sense prevailed at the TSA and now crew are exempt from the new rules WHILE in uniform.

If we would have checked our bags, we would have had to pick them at the carousel then had to recheck them again for the next flight then pick them back up and so on and so on...with 25 minutes between flight and switching airplanes all the damn time, it simply made ZERO sense.

There are two ways to indentify an airline pilot (other than the terminal strut in their ray-ban aviators), one is the uniform (easily bought anywhere) and the other is a company issued ID. So, now if your are in uniform with an ID you are good to go, if you are NOT in uniform but still have the ID you have to give up the tooth past and mouthwash. Does not make much sense to me. The uniform is really what they are looking for but yet the uniform is the easiest to duplicate...hmmmmm.

For those traveling soon, pay attention to the new rules and be nice to the TSA (Thousands Standing Around) folks. It will make your trip through security a little easier. Most importantly, do not take it out on your flight crew, it is not our fault and will only make your flight miserable. We go through security countless times and pretty much get the same treatment. It sucks for us too!

You could always fly a Yak or CJ to your destination! Anything for some flight time!

viperdoc(at)mindspring.co

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Security Alert Reply with quote

Quote:
You could always fly a Yak or CJ to your destination! Anything for some
flight time.

Yes, but you guys that feed your families off of the bones that the
Management throws to you would be living on a lot lower income if we all
did that. Not that 300 YAK/CJ drivers are going to make a big difference.
But as you said, I already do that as often as I can. Ironically, with the
fuel prices where they are now going commercial for anything over 600 nm is
more economical!
You are right though. Anything for flight time! A bad day with air under
your ass if better than the best day in my office!
Doc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: