Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Micro-Surface finishing products

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a58r(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Micro-Surface finishing products Reply with quote

I'm looking at a kit (box) of Micro-Surface Finishing Product, 1217 West Third St, Box 818, WIlton IA 52778. I've used this magic stuff on many aircraft windshields and side windows...some with really deep scratches (many times from raking a fuel hose across the windshield) plus inside scratches from a hand wiping condensation..with a ring on a finger! Also works on overspray. Gotta follow directions and take yer time...and put in a lotta time. It's a mulstistep process, starting with coarse mesh sheets and going progressively finer. Works on all kinds of plastic, not on glass!!!The only time it failed:
Middle-aged pilot, attempting to show off by taking his trophy blond for a ride in the rented 172. Unfortunately, a bird had let fly with a big white plocture, right in the pilot's view. He scurries around, trying to find a rag and some water to clean up. Gone quite a while. Upon his return, the blond says "I got it, awready." And it looked quite clean, especially so, with application of his wet rag. So he starts up, and is taxiing out when a huge white thing appears on the windscreen. WHA? Reaches around with the still damp rag, splotch goes away. Few feet further, splotch returns. "Whadya put on the windshield?" Just a little of this.  It was fingernail polish remover!!  Spring '71 Hyde Field, (W32) Clinton VA.

regards,
Bob N.    FireFly 070 Old Kolb
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/ronoy/

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
jsflan(at)valornet.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Micro-Surface finishing products Reply with quote

While waiting out an effort by an A&P to repair flap lever this afternoon, saw a spray can of Plexus on a shelf in his hangar. He didn't know if it was any good...got it with a C-150 he bought.

I used it on the MkIII, sprayed on, wiped off, buffed with a clean t-shirt, and it worked better than anything I have tried. Haven't found Novus Plastic cleaner& shine, Micromesh, 3M plastic polish,C-CICE, V&PM Naptha, or Harley Davidson Cleaner/Polish; all recommended to me by you helpful folks out there, in this small NM town.

The difference in the Plexus-treated window at top and the untreated "DeLorean" right door is amazing.

Now to find the stuff! No, I don't work for them. Now if I can't get the flap lever repaired, will get to see if I can see in early morning sun.

jsf
do not archive
[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

plexus_window_and_door_9489.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  62.28 KB
 Viewed:  193 Time(s)

plexus_window_and_door_9489.jpg

a58r(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Micro-Surface finishing products Reply with quote

try: http://www.plexusplasticcleaner.com/plexus.html

bn

flymichigan(at)comcast.ne

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Micro-Surface finishing products Reply with quote

John
You can find Plexus at most motercycle shops. The stuff works great.

Bryan Dever
Chelsea, MI
-------------- Original message ----------------------
[quote] While waiting out an effort by an A&P to repair flap lever this afternoon, saw a
spray can of Plexus on a shelf in his hangar. He didn't know if it was any
good...got it with a C-150 he bought.

I used it on the MkIII, sprayed on, wiped off, buffed with a clean t-shirt, and
it worked better than anything I have tried. Haven't found Novus Plastic
cleaner& shine, Micromesh, 3M plastic polish,C-CICE, V&PM Naptha, or Harley
Davidson Cleaner/Polish; all recommended to me by you helpful folks out there,
in this small NM town.

The difference in the Plexus-treated window at top and the untreated "DeLorean"
right door is amazing.

Now to find the stuff! No, I don't work for them. Now if I can't get the flap
lever repaired, will get to see if I can see in early morning sun.

jsf
do not archive
---

Bill Vincent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Micro-Surface finishing products Reply with quote

Hi John and Gang
I have been using Plexus for 3 years, I buy it when I attend the Air Venture in Oshkosh, it works great. I used to use Pledge "No Smear" brand but they took it off the market and it worked really well, the Plexus is comparable; neither product actually removes scratches, but otherwise the Plexus is a great product.
Bill Vincent
Firestar II
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Do Not Archive
[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: