Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it practical to fold wings each flight? (Michel)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ceashman(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Is it practical to fold wings each flight? (Michel) Reply with quote

Michel wrote:
I might, one day, be in need to a temporary situation where I'll need to foil the wings. And your mentioning of a big wheel makes me think more ... in direction of a bicycle wheel. Why not? An old bicycle, cut the frame and keep the front wheel and the fork. Hum, sounds good. What do you think?

Hi Michel.
The trouble is when you winch the tail end up the track in the dolly, or if you build a kind of lever to lift the tail end. The weight shift will be great when the wings are folded, so you will need stability with the dolly. That is why I was thinking of big wheels, not very much weight but top heavy. So you would want good spread to the wheel base and a good longitudinal stability somehow, as well as a steering function. Also because of the weight, the wheels should be large enough to travel smoothly over uneven ground without sharp stops.
As we know, with the tailwheel on the ground, the kitfox is a pleasure to move around with the wings outstretched but fold em and it is about impossible if you don't have a track system.
Of course, the idea is to get the tail high before the fold.
So' how do you say it...lift and fold?
Eric.
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: