Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Capt speaking /My Only Post

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcooley380(at)hughes.net

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Capt speaking /My Only Post Reply with quote

Hello Gang,
I monitor this list every day and have been a member longer than the majority on here. Of course John Hauck, Ted Cowan, Bro. Pike, Big Lar, R. Neilsen and a few others have been here longer but I think you see where I’m coming from. I have seen a lot of these type situations escalate further than they need to.
I feel compelled to add my 2 cents as I don’t post very often and this thread has approached the “ugly” level by some of the replies after John Williamson’s response. I also know by some of the responses that those individuals do not know John or they would not have said some of the things that were said, some of which were down right uncalled for. I really hate to see the list get so torn up with all the nasty reply’s that wind up with people getting “chips on their shoulders” towards each other.
I know John’s response sounded a little strong, but what if each of us posted something that was not Kolb related each day or several times a day. Soon the list would be all about jokes and urban legends and have very little Kolb content. I understand what my delete key is for but if I have to use it numerous times on the Kolb list then the list is loosing its usefulness.
You have to admit that John was right and has a point. Maybe some folks took it the wrong way, and that is a serious shortcoming of email list, because I have had the pleasure of meeting and associating with John and I know that he did not intend to “cross threads” with anyone as he is one of the nicest people I have had the pleasure of meeting. He is also one of the most aviation knowledgeable folks that I know (admittedly not many) and his expertise is very valuable to this list (in my opinion).
An easy solution to this dilemma is for folks to build them a mail list of folks that enjoy this kind of humor and share it with each other. Another list member (Paul Petty) sends me stuff all the time in this manner and doesn’t clutter the list with it. I get it along with about 30 other folks.
Another thing (as mentioned by R. Neilsen recently) that has been lost and folks need to try and remember to do is the “Do not Archive”. If this is not in the post somewhere then it goes into the archives and there has been a lot going into the archives that does not need to and you can imagine what this does to someone searching for info. I am guilty of this too so I am putting this shoe on my foot also.

P.S. I am not the Kolb list police nor am I taking sides. I just enjoy the list and would like to see everyone get along. No problem with disagreements, but sometimes it goes too far.

“Do not archive”

Peace and Goodwill to Everyone,
John Cooley

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Chris Mallory
Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2006 10:43 AM
To: Kolb List
Subject: Capt speaking / LAST POST

Everyone,
Yeah, I think that we all exercise our "Delete" key from time to time but I'll tell you from my perspective that even the stuff that each individual finds irritating to them sometime is thought provoking ..... and the exchanges that we have on the Kolb list (except the ones that turn nasty) are healthy and over all achieve a "balance" here.
I have been "straightened out" more than once here on the list and I'm still here ... giving it and taking it.
I just felt compelled to speak in Ralph's defense because I know that he was just trying to share with his fellow Kolbers and in no way meant to "defy the rules" or offend anyone.
I don't have to agree with you to respect your opinion (or at very least your right to have your own opinion).
All that being said, let's get back to Kolb (and other airplane stuff)
PS. Ralph please feel free to send that kind of stuff to me off line anytime .. I enjoy it.
Chris Mallory
do not archive
Quote:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
-- Date: 10/6/2006

--
10/6/2006
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: