Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Catto Propellers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
garrys(at)tampabay.rr.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Catto Propellers Reply with quote

Does anyone know anything about the state of the business for Catto Propellers? Six months ago I ordered a prop for my RV7 project, and gave them a $1,000 deposit. Now that I'm ready for my prop I can't seem to contact them. I've sent 3 emails with no response, and when I try to telephone the business, all I get is a "fax" tone. I've been burned in the past by suppliers to our homebuilt community, and pray that this isn't the case with Catto. If anyone has had any recent communication with them, or knows anything about the business, please advise.

Garry Stout
RV7A Odessa Florida

[quote] [b]

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
paul.folbrecht(at)veribox

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Catto Propellers Reply with quote

I put my deposit down well over a year ago and have been asked to accept many delays.  I have, because I haven't needed the prop yet.
Craig is sometimes (no, virtually always) slow to respond to email, but he's been around a long time in this biz and I doubt he's going anywhere.  Give it a bit of time.

Paul
9A QB #1176
No work for the last month again due to work
On Nov 18, 2006, at 9:48 AM, Garry wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone know anything about the state of the business for Catto Propellers?  Six months ago I ordered a prop for my RV7 project, and gave them a $1,000 deposit.  Now that I'm ready for my prop I can't seem to contact them.  I've sent 3 emails with no response, and when I try to telephone the business, all I get is a "fax" tone.  I've been burned in the past by suppliers to our homebuilt community, and pray that this isn't the case with Catto.  If anyone has had any recent communication with them, or knows anything about the business, please advise.

Garry Stout
RV7A Odessa Florida

Quote:
       -- Please Support Your Lists          (And Get Some AWESOME FREE  November is the Annual List Fund Raiser.  Click class="Apple-converted-space"> the Contribution link below to  this year's Terrific class="Apple-converted-space">       * AeroElectric www.aeroelectric.com     * The Builder's Bookstore www.buildersbooks.com   * Aeroware Enterprises www.kitlog.com     * HomebuiltHELP www.homebuilthelp.com   --> http://www.matronics.com/contribution   Thank you for your generous class="Apple-converted-space">                                    - The RV-List Email Forum - class="Apple-converted-space"> --> http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Painless

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Catto Propellers Reply with quote

Garry:

Craig is notorious lately for being behind in his deliveries of props. Waits of up to a year are not uncommon. Unfortunately, the squeaky wheel gets the grease theory holds very true when dealing with Craig. The more you stress to him the need for delivery of your prop, the sooner you get it, or so it seems. Not what I would call proper business practice, but it is what it is.

I would continue to try to call him. That is generally the best way to get ahold of him. Hang in there. His saving grace is that he does make an excellent prop and you will be very happy with it.

Regards,

Jeff Orear
RV6A N782P
Peshtigo, WI
[quote] ---

ronlee(at)pcisys.net

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Catto Propellers Reply with quote

Quote:

Keep calling and tell him you need it NOW

Ron Lee

do not archive

sportypilot(at)stx.rr.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Catto Propellers Reply with quote

You have nothing to worry about other than it takes time to keep up with demand , Craig is not going anywhere
his props are awesome though and when you get in contact with him just tell him you need it asfp , he is a very
great guy but the quality of his work keeps him backed up , everyone keep in mind if he could turn them out faster
with same quality (and get more of our money) don't you think he would love doing that ? also he could have let
the quality slip to turn out more per month or year and then we would be bitching about the quality going down
can't have it both ways.. keep calling him and he will put a very high quality propeller in your hands as soon
as he is able and you will love it.. THEY ARE WORKS OF ART!

Danny..
[quote] ---

Larry Mersek

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Catto Propellers Reply with quote

Hi Garry,

Craig Catto is alive and well. I visited him twice this past week; he was re-working my prop for me. Simply put, he is a one man operation and has a large back order of props. Ron Lee's email is right on, just keep calling and you will get a hold of him; let him know you are ready for your prop now and I'm sure he will fit you in. (209) 754-3553 I also don't think you need to worry about getting burned for your deposit; just be persistent with your phone calls. I don't blame him for being slow to respond to emails as they can be so time consuming especially when you live remotely and only have dial up service. In my opinion; for those who are contemplating purchase of a Catto prop you just need to be aware there is a long wait and place your order accordingly.

I am very pleased with my Catto prop. I am just shy of 500 hours on my prop/engine and I was concerned of some nicks in the leading edge and I recently noticed a bit more vibration. I guess I was overly concerned about the nicks; he determined them to be minor for the hours on the prop but he did find the static balance to be off some.

--Larry Mersek N336RV
Mountain Ranch, CA. (KCPU)

[quote] ---

gbrasch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Catto Propellers Reply with quote

I have spoken to him on the phone 2 times in the past 2 weeks, he seems to answer more in the middle of the work day. I also placed an order with him, but told him I was not in any rush. He did not ask me for a deposit. Hope this helps.

Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" Website www.airportcourtesycars.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: