Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fwd: Flying a Copter & Hangar Update..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlaird

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Fwd: Flying a Copter & Hangar Update.. Reply with quote

I think I missed it when you told who the manufacturer was, the size and the price you paid.... it would be appreciated!

-- Robert
On 12/5/06, Mike Schnabel <tnfirestar2(at)yahoo.com (tnfirestar2(at)yahoo.com)> wrote:[quote] Good evening groups (Kolbers and MTUG), hope all are fairing well through the winter storms that have been crossing the country.

Two things to share this evening...

I hate passing along odd boring emails, but thought this link was kinda fun even for a goofy game, wonder what the REAL copter pilots think...? (John ?)

Click on the link if you care to see...

And the picture attached is my Kolb hangar progress to date. New home for the Firestar II, (so that makes this Kolb related, right?)

Anyway, all the arches are up and bolted tight. Just in time for the recent 45 MPH winds we had come through, did not budge an inch, despite not having the concrete grout work finished yet... whew. Back wall nearly completed this past weekend. Taking next weekend off for a visit with friends, but come Christmas week, hope to continue construction. BTW, anyone looking for an affordable, spacious, easy to build and STRONG building needs to check these out! They are awesome!

I Hope everyone is having as nice a holiday season as possible, said knowing full well our aviation family has had some recent losses... My heart goes out to the family and friends..., and even us all that were not as close personally, but still feel the loss. It is one of the ways our sport brings distant souls together.

Mike S
Manchester TN
Firestar 2 503

do not archive

Note: forwarded message attached.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mike Schnabel <tnfirestar2(at)yahoo.com (tnfirestar2(at)yahoo.com)>
To: tnfirestar2(at)yahoo.com (tnfirestar2(at)yahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 16:10:00 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Flying a Copter

http://www.hurtwood.demon.co.uk/Fun/copter.swf

[b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

current: Autogyro Cavalon w/ 914ULS
Houston, TX area
http://www.Texas-Flyer.com
Mike Schnabel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Fwd: Flying a Copter & Hangar Update.. Reply with quote

Robert,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Manufacture - SteelMasters www.steelmasterbuildings.com (but there are several competitors with similar structures)

Many sizes available, mine is the "A" style 46' long 30' wide.

Cost for basic building kit (all arches, back wall, nuts and bolts) $5500

A slab is not required, but I chose to build one. And will finish with a standard stud front wall. Has been a real joy to work on, very precisely made!

Mike S

Robert Laird <rlaird(at)cavediver.com> wrote:

[quote]I think I missed it when you told who the manufacturer was, the size and the price you paid.... it would be appreciated!

-- Robert
On 12/5/06, Mike Schnabel <tnfirestar2(at)yahoo.com (tnfirestar2(at)yahoo.com)> wrote: [quote] Good evening groups (Kolbers and MTUG), hope all are fairing well through the winter storms that have been crossing the country.

I hate passing along odd boring emails, but thought this link was kinda fun even for a goofy game, wonder what the REAL copter pilots think...? (John ?)

And the picture attached is my Kolb hangar progress to date. New home for the Firestar II, (so that makes this Kolb related, right?)

Anyway, all the arches are up and bolted tight. Just in time for the recent 45 MPH winds we had come through, did not budge an inch, despite not having the concrete grout work finished yet... whew. Back wall nearly completed this past weekend. Taking next weekend off for a visit with friends, but come Christmas week, hope to continue construction. BTW, anyone looking for an affordable, spacious, easy to build and STRONG building needs to check these out! They are awesome!

I Hope everyone is having as nice a holiday season as possible, said knowing full well our aviation family has had some recent losses... My heart goes out to the family and friends..., and even us all that were not as close personally, but still feel the loss. It is one of the ways our sport brings distant souls together.

Mike S
Manchester TN
Firestar 2 503

do not archive

Yahoo! Answers. [quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

jindoguy(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Fwd: Flying a Copter & Hangar Update.. Reply with quote

Mike, your messages about the new hangar are getting me all anxious to get mine up, too. Now if I can just find a cement contractor. As my aussie buddies say, "Good on ya, mate." Can't wait to get started and give my Kolb a nice secure home for tornado season.

Rick

On 12/5/06, Robert Laird <rlaird(at)cavediver.com (rlaird(at)cavediver.com)> wrote:[quote] I think I missed it when you told who the manufacturer was, the size and the price you paid.... it would be appreciated!

-- Robert
On 12/5/06, Mike Schnabel <tnfirestar2(at)yahoo.com (tnfirestar2(at)yahoo.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Good evening groups (Kolbers and MTUG), hope all are fairing well through the winter storms that have been crossing the country.

Mike S
Manchester TN
Firestar 2 503

do not archive

[b] www.aeroelectric.com http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

--
Rick Girard
"Ya'll drop on in"
takes on a whole new meaning
when you live at the airport. [quote][b]

Mike Schnabel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Fwd: Flying a Copter & Hangar Update.. Reply with quote

Rick,

Concrete guys... they must be the unsung millionaires of today! Took 3 months to get my slab done (which only took two days time once they started), and so far now only 4 days on the building (including the scrubbing time to clean panels i stored improperly for the past 10 years!). Gee, had it all worked out, less than a week total time!

When you get ready to start, and have any questions feel free to ask. The first building i helped put up we knew very little about "how" to do what the simple construction details called for. We got that one up in just a few days, but what i learned from that experience has paid great dividends on this new building in ease and saving time.

You will love it when its finished! Gonna make a great home for your Kolb!

Mike S

do not archive

PS: I know this is not of interest to most, but kept it on the list because its an open invitation to anyone that is working on a simiular building to contact for suggestions and my experiences. Hope that does not offend anyone. Thanks!

Richard Girard <jindoguy(at)gmail.com> wrote:
[quote]Mike, your messages about the new hangar are getting me all anxious to get mine up, too. Now if I can just find a cement contractor. As my aussie buddies say, "Good on ya, mate." Can't wait to get started and give my Kolb a nice secure home for tornado season.

Rick

On 12/5/06, Robert Laird <rlaird(at)cavediver.com (rlaird(at)cavediver.com)> wrote:
Quote:
I think I missed it when you told who the manufacturer was, the size and the price you paid.... it would be appreciated!

-- Robert
On 12/5/06, Mike Schnabel <tnfirestar2(at)yahoo.com (tnfirestar2(at)yahoo.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Good evening groups (Kolbers and MTUG), hope all are fairing well through the winter storms that have been crossing the country.

Mike S
Manchester TN
Firestar 2 503

do not archive

[b] www.aeroelectric.com http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know. Ask your question on Yahoo! Answers. [quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: