Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aerostar proposals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpayne(at)joimail.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Aerostar proposals Reply with quote

Consider the value of the initial batch of -52TW's in Euros to the present day Euro price. Adjust for a large swing in USD-Euro exchange rate, normal inflation, the claimed upgrades and improvements, and I can understand where the $285K is coming from.

What this could mean to US owners is that their current Yaks are undervalued on the European market while being fairly priced in the US market. Hence, I look for an upswing in export sales. Same thing happened years ago when I sold a spammer to a European customer who was cherry picking on the cheap.

One caveat, Euro re-certification favors "stock" aircraft as opposed to the modifications we apply here in the US, opening up the possiblity that Yak parts are worth more than the sum of the whole aircraft. Could someone pass me a flashlight and wrenches please, I think I see a lonesome Yak tied down over there....

Craig Payne
cpayne(at)joimail.com (cpayne(at)joimail.com)

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
cjpilot710(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Aerostar proposals Reply with quote

In a message dated 1/14/2007 8:08:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, cpayne(at)joimail.com writes:

I heard recently that the US government is trying to get China to revaluate their yen upward. This is to not make the trade deficit look so lopsided, I guess. The bottom line of this, is we will soon see prices for parts and such from China start to climb also.

It is true that some airplanes are worth more in parts than whole.  I know personally of a Aztec (a #10 though and though) obtained from a bank repo, will fetch nearly a third more parted out, than if sold whole. To bad in away. But bottom line realities are just that sometimes. But at $285K a copy that put the YAK TW up there with certified's and it is still coming in as Experimental.

Jim "Pappy" Goolsby

Quote:

Consider the value of the initial batch of -52TW's in Euros to the present day Euro price. Adjust for a large swing in USD-Euro exchange rate, normal inflation, the claimed upgrades and improvements, and I can understand where the $285K is coming from.

What this could mean to US owners is that their current Yaks are undervalued on the European market while being fairly priced in the US market. Hence, I look for an upswing in export sales. Same thing happened years ago when I sold a spammer to a European customer who was cherry picking on the cheap.

One caveat, Euro re-certification favors "stock" aircraft as opposed to the modifications we apply here in the US, opening up the possiblity that Yak parts are worth more than the sum of the whole aircraft. Could someone pass me a flashlight and wrenches please, I think I see a lonesome Yak tied down over there....

Craig Payne
cpayne(at)joimail.com (cpayne(at)joimail.com)

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: