Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Engine prices etc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wild.blue(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Engine prices etc Reply with quote

Now that M-14's are getting expensive, makes R-985's look more and more appealing. You can buy a fresh overhauled engine outright for about $30K from several suppliers, complete with real warranty, parts and service readily available locally and online etc. I wonder how George Coy is doing with the lower power M-14 variants billed as Continental and Kinner replacements etc. Also Air Repair is selling "new" Jacobs engines at very reasonable prices. Much as I love CJ's, -52's etc the end of the low-price tunnel may be coming into view. Get 'em while they're still cheap! $285K for a 52TW is still cheap compared to what a new T-34 would cost...We're just used to fire sale prices we all knew couldn't last.

I'd love to build an R-985 powered Samson some fine day...surprised there aren't more experimentals using US round engines.

Jerry Painter
Wild Blue Aviation

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
cpayne(at)joimail.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Engine prices etc Reply with quote

Just saw a T-34 listed at $160K. In this price range, the betting pilot could buy:

- Said T-34
- A nice T-6
- A fair T-28
- A good low-time -52TW
- A primo, tricked out CJ-6
- A super special -52TD with glass panels
- A good stock CJ-6 + a decent Yak with M-14P in your flavor (-18T/-50/-52/-53/-55)
- An acre's worth of MiGs
- 1/2 of a nice L-39

Place your bets.

Craig Payne
cpayne(at)joimail.com (cpayne(at)joimail.com)

[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

cdustercc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Engine prices etc Reply with quote

Hey Jerry,
The 985 is the second best deal in aviation today right behind the A-65 continental which can be had on ocassion for $2500-$3500.

Some of my prospective Broussard buyers have wanted to know the overhaul or replacement cost of the engine and I have been very plesantly suprised. There is a "lost logs" but fresh overhauled 985 advertised right now for $12,000 OBO! Several months ago there was a 600 hour engine for $7,000 outright. I also recieved a flyer from Ron Deck at Sky Tractor Supply that listed Covington and Aero 985s for $27,000 on an exchange basis. In my opinion, that is a very good value for one of the best radial engines ever built. I would have to imagine that since most all commercial operators (with the exception of the Alaska Beaver operators) have quit using the 985, a lot of price pressure has been lifted.

Craig Craft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: