Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nozzle Tuning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Rocket-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mneufeld(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Nozzle Tuning Reply with quote

HOW MUCH $$$.

AIRFLOW PERF OVERHAULED MY SERVO, AN "RSA5EX", AND SET MINE UP WITH .028" INJECTOR NOZZLES. WHICH FUEL SERVO DO YOU HAVE, A "5" OR "10"? I WOULD THINK YOUR NOZZLES ARE DIFFERENT SIZES DEPENDING ON WHAT EACH CYLINDER FLOWED AT? DO U KNOW WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS AS FAR AS CFM, FLOW, BETWEEN A 5 AND 10?

I'VE ALSO ONLY HEARD GOOD THINGS ABOUT AIRFLOW PERF. I BELIEVE HE OR HIS DAD WORKED AT BENDIX IN BURBANK IN THE 60'S & 70'S WHEN GA WAS BIG AND GOT EXPERIENCE AND GOOD IDEAS FOR IMPROVING THE SERVO AND DESIGNING THEIR OWN SERVO WHILE WORKING AT BENDIX.

MARK NEUFELD
Date: 2007/02/17 Sat AM 10:27:20 CST
To: rocket-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Nozzle Tuning
Hi Guys,

I just cameback from a week of XC flying all over the Southern US.
One of mystops was a visit at Don Rivera's Airflow Performance World Headquarters in Spartanburg, SC.

He and one ofhis technicians (Kyle, if I remember correctly) spent one whole day to tweak mysetup.
We got thecylinders to peak within 0.2 of a Gallon FF and bumped the fuel pressure up toprovide a more generous supply of the Blue Stuff.

Aftereverything was said and done I left with a wonderfully smooth running engineand due to my reset fuel pressure (36 gph on T/O)even more thrilling T/O performance than I had before.

Dons outfit is immaculate, everybody I met was extremely helpful andworking with them was a real pleasure.

I can highlyrecommend his products and his operation.
Cheers
Wolfgang

- The Matronics Rocket-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Rocket-List
Wolfgang

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Nozzle Tuning Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

The cost for this service including up to (4) restrictors is $300.00.
Cost does not include new injector nozzle assemblies if required.

I am running an Airflow Performance FM 300 Servo which has one main jet.
My main jet is a #40.
My initial setup started with .028 restrictors but we changed them on three
cylinders to get a more balanced flow. Changing one restrictor will change
everything else so Don's experience was invaluable. Everything was said and
done after one test flight. (you need to deliver data upfront).

Concerning the airflow capabilities of your servo I can't give you an
answer. Mine flows in excess of 2200 pph for the 36gph FF and 40" of
manifold pressure I use one T/O.
Cheers
Wolfgang
PS.: My ship is normally aspirated!!
--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Wolfgang

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Nozzle Tuning Reply with quote

Sorry.
My ship is not normally aspirated!!

Wolfgang

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Rocket-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: