Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KITFOX FLY-IN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donpearsall

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: KITFOX FLY-IN Reply with quote

This is from Gene Calkins, a long-time KF builder. Everybody who is going to Oshkosh should consider flying in as a formation.

Sunday, February 25, 2007 7:27 AM

Subject: KITFOX FLY-IN

Good Morning Don

I have talked with John McBean about a group of Kitfoxes flying into OSH on the first day of the fly-in.

EAA Chapter 431 is having a small fly-in ( Pietenpol - Hatz ) July 20-21-22 and the Kitfox pilots are welcome

to join in.. We are at the Brodhead Airport ( C37 ) for most Kitfoxes that is only a 1 hour flight to OSH. We have a

neat airport that will take you back 50 years in aviation. Check out our web site at www.eaa431.org .....

I am not on the Kitfox list and was wondering if you would get this on the list to see if there is any interest in doing a mass

Kitfox fly-in to OSH... We have fuel and food. 100LL and 93 oct Mogas we serve breakfast, lunch and supper on Friday

and Saturday.. If anyone want more information they can email me at kitfox99gc(at)charter.net (kitfox99gc(at)charter.net) or call 608-754-2774...

Thanks Gene Calkins

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
runwayrex(at)juno.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: KITFOX FLY-IN Reply with quote

This sounds like a great idea. I'm guessing that between now and July, there may be some good discussion about this. I would prefer to fly in to Oshkosh on an earlier date though. Normally, Mike Fisher and I fly in with our two Foxes on Saturday or even Friday to reserve a row for Kitfoxes near the north end of the flight line. For those of you who camp with your planes, this may or may not be an issue. If we were to all fly in on the first day of the show as planned, it would be difficult to park together.
Since the Broadhead Airport Fly-in runs Friday and Saturday, maybe we could attend on Friday and do our formation to Oshkosh on Saturday after we enjoy breakfast at Broadhead. Is there camping at Broadhead?
Just some thoughts to start the discussion. I'm liking this idea! By the way, I found Broadhead on a chart.......... west and a bit south of Chicago.
Rex in Michigan
-- "Don Pearsall" <donpearsall(at)comcast.net> wrote:

This is from Gene Calkins, a long-time KF builder. Everybody who is going to Oshkosh should consider flying in as a formation.

[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

runwayrex(at)juno.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: KITFOX FLY-IN Reply with quote

Correction. Brodhead (corrected spelling now) is west and a bit southe of Milwaukee, not Chicago. I need a secretary today.
Do not archive.
Rex

-- "Rexster" <runwayrex(at)juno.com> wrote:

some thoughts to start the discussion. I'm liking this idea! By the way, I found Broadhead on a chart.......... west and a bit south of Chicago.
[quote][b]

gofalke(at)sbcglobal.net

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: KITFOX FLY-IN Reply with quote

A kitfox flight into Oshkosh is a good idea. Two turf runways, unattended. Camping should be no problem. Look for Brodhead (C37) Northwest of Chicago, over the border in Wisconsin, just West of Janesville (JVL)
Herb Gottelt,M4,
Mt. Prospect IL

Rexster <runwayrex(at)juno.com> wrote:
[quote] This sounds like a great idea. I'm guessing that between now and July, there may be some good discussion about this. I would prefer to fly in to Oshkosh on an earlier date though. Normally, Mike Fisher and I fly in with our two Foxes on Saturday or even Friday to reserve a row for Kitfoxes near the north end of the flight line. For those of you who camp with your planes, this may or may not be an issue. If we were to all fly in on the first day of the show as planned, it would be difficult to park together.
Since the Broadhead Airport Fly-in runs Friday and Saturday, maybe we could attend on Friday and do our formation to Oshkosh on Saturday after we enjoy breakfast at Broadhead. Is there camping at Broadhead?
Just some thoughts to start the discussion. I'm liking this idea! By the way, I found Broadhead on a chart.......... west and a bit south of Chicago.
Rex in Michigan

This is from Gene Calkins, a long-time KF builder. Everybody who is going to Oshkosh should consider flying in as a formation.
[quote][b] [quote][b]

Lynn Matteson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: KITFOX FLY-IN Reply with quote

Speaking of camping with your Kitfox at Oshkosh, what are the rules?
It seems like some Kitfoxes are parked where Rex indicated (and no
camping), and some are parked quite a ways further away...North, I
believe, and camp under the wing.

Lynn
do not archive
On Feb 25, 2007, at 5:45 PM, Rexster wrote:

Quote:
This sounds like a great idea. I'm guessing that between now and
July, there may be some good discussion about this. I would prefer
to fly in to Oshkosh on an earlier date though. Normally, Mike
Fisher and I fly in with our two Foxes on Saturday or even Friday
to reserve a row for Kitfoxes near the north end of the flight
line. For those of you who camp with your planes, this may or may
not be an issue. If we were to all fly in on the first day of the
show as planned, it would be difficult to park together.

Since the Broadhead Airport Fly-in runs Friday and Saturday, maybe
we could attend on Friday and do our formation to Oshkosh on
Saturday after we enjoy breakfast at Broadhead. Is there camping at
Broadhead?

Just some thoughts to start the discussion. I'm liking this idea!
By the way, I found Broadhead on a chart.......... west and a bit
south of Chicago.

Rex in Michigan

This is from Gene Calkins, a long-time KF builder. Everybody who is
going to Oshkosh should consider flying in as a formation.

www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List _-
============================================================

n113gb(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: KITFOX FLY-IN Reply with quote

I spoke with John McBean at Oshkosh last year and he was interested in trying to get a designated Kitfox section together. I am no 100% sure as to how the parking/camping thing works here, but I can look into it. It may help if I know how many planes to expect and who is looking to camp. I live here so I don't park on the grounds, but if anyone has any suggestions forward them to me and I can get a hold of a couple of friends at the EAA and try to get a spot that is favorable to the group.

Gary Olson
Oshkosh

DO NOT ARCHIVE

---

kitfoxpilot(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: KITFOX FLY-IN Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I camped under my wing at Oshkosh 2005 for the week, it was fun except for
the heavy wind and rain that payed a visit.

Ray
Model IV, 912uls
N2BH
Quote:
Reply-To: kitfox-list(at)matronics.com
To: kitfox-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: KITFOX FLY-IN
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:03:34 -0500

Speaking of camping with your Kitfox at Oshkosh, what are the rules? It
seems like some Kitfoxes are parked where Rex indicated (and no camping),
and some are parked quite a ways further away...North, I believe, and camp
under the wing.

Lynn
do not archive
On Feb 25, 2007, at 5:45 PM, Rexster wrote:

>This sounds like a great idea. I'm guessing that between now and July,
>there may be some good discussion about this. I would prefer to fly in to
>Oshkosh on an earlier date though. Normally, Mike Fisher and I fly in
>with our two Foxes on Saturday or even Friday to reserve a row for
>Kitfoxes near the north end of the flight line. For those of you who camp
>with your planes, this may or may not be an issue. If we were to all fly
>in on the first day of the show as planned, it would be difficult to park
>together.
>
>Since the Broadhead Airport Fly-in runs Friday and Saturday, maybe we
>could attend on Friday and do our formation to Oshkosh on Saturday after
>we enjoy breakfast at Broadhead. Is there camping at Broadhead?
>
>Just some thoughts to start the discussion. I'm liking this idea! By the
>way, I found Broadhead on a chart.......... west and a bit south of
>Chicago.
>
>Rex in Michigan
>
>-- "Don Pearsall" <donpearsall(at)comcast.net> wrote:
>
>This is from Gene Calkins, a long-time KF builder. Everybody who is going
>to Oshkosh should consider flying in as a formation.
>
>www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List _-
>============================================================

barry(at)pgtc.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: KITFOX FLY-IN Reply with quote

GAry, I have flown to Oshkosh four times and they always park me with the
other Kitfoxes. The last two times they parked the Kitfoxes right in front
of where we check in.

Barry West

---

Lynn Matteson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: KITFOX FLY-IN Reply with quote

I asked this question of Gary, and I'll ask it here: If you would
like your plane to be judged (somebody has to lose!), where do you
park it, and can you camp under your plane under those circumstances?

Lynn
do not archive

On Feb 26, 2007, at 1:27 PM, Barry West wrote:

[quote]

GAry, I have flown to Oshkosh four times and they always park me
with the other Kitfoxes. The last two times they parked the
Kitfoxes right in front of where we check in.

Barry West

---

n113gb(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: KITFOX FLY-IN Reply with quote

Barry,

Attached is the link to the EAA grounds map. Can you give me a little better location of where you and the others parked? I would assume this is not a camping area? Anyone else that has any info. feel free to jump in.
http://www.airventure.org/2007/planning/grounds_map.html

Gary
DO NOT ARCHIVE

---

runwayrex(at)juno.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: KITFOX FLY-IN Reply with quote

Group,
I've flown to 'Kosh the past seven years and pretty much do the same thing every year. Mike Fisher and I fly in 2-3 days early and grab a row or two in the "A 3-4" section (using the Oshkosh map Gary sent). This area is for homebuilt parking where you camp elsewhere on the field. There is also an area called homebuilt camping where you can camp under your wing. Mike and I have considered homebuilt camping but that area is pretty far away from the middle of the flight line (and the Kitfox booth). I believe it's south of the ultra light area. Another thing we don't like about homebuilt camping area is we've heard that planes are not grouped together very well. In other words, Kitfoxes would be scattered all over. The "A 3-4" area works out well for John and Debra as interested customers don't have very far to go to see a large group of customer Kitfoxes. Mike and I know the volunteers (Jeanie and Scott) pretty well that are in charge of parking the planes and if we can give them an idea how many will be in our area, they do their best to reserve us enough space. Sometimes their hands are tied from higher up plans, but they've always done a great job of taking care of the Kitfoxes. Last year, Jeanie talked me into giving her a ride one Oshkosh morning. It took her about two seconds of begging. I'm willing to bet that won't hurt our chances of getting a large Kitfox area this year!
We're still about five months away from opening day, so we have some time to get organized. As the time gets closer, maybe we should take a poll and see how many are interested in keeping their planes in this area by the Kitfox booth.
Rex in Michigan

-- GAry Olson <n113gb(at)yahoo.com> wrote:

Barry,

Attached is the link to the EAA grounds map. Can you give me a little better location of where you and the others parked? I would assume this is not a camping area? Anyone else that has any info. feel free to jump in

barry(at)pgtc.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: KITFOX FLY-IN Reply with quote

Rex, I wondered how I always tied down with the other Kitfoxes. Good for you. I will be there on Sunday before the convention starts if the creek don't rise and I get a new propeller on it.

Barry
[quote] ---

barry(at)pgtc.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: KITFOX FLY-IN Reply with quote

Gary, I believe it is between A3 and A4. You won't be able to camp there.

Barry

DO NOT ARCHIVE!
---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: