Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with brakes - Flap alignemnt added to conversation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve.freeman(at)syntaxds

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Help with brakes - Flap alignemnt added to conversation Reply with quote

Hi Jerry,

I Agree with Jeff on this. I believe ZAC has used the same Matco MCMC-5 Cylinder and Caliper system all the way to the 601HD/HDS series. IF you call them they will be able to tell you very quickly and supply what you need.

PS - With the help of another builder I figured out very easy way to get left and right flaps to match perfectly on left and right side. On Page 6-S-3 it shows that when the flaps are in neutral position there should be a 6mm gap between the leading edge of flap and trailing edge of wing. When I first did this I could not get the "gap" on the left and right side the same. Now, the left flap is 6.03mm gap and the left is 6.08mm. The key is all in the up/down position of the "slot" shown on page 6-W-1. The plans call for this middle of this slot to be 40mm down from bend of 6-W-1-1. If you don't NAIL THAT position on both flaps there is no way you can the flaps in the same place.

If you miss this by a little though it is OK. YOU can enlarge the size of the slot hole a little to make small adjustments. Do this BEFORE you attach the nylon bearing. It is much easier if you discover you need to RAISE the trailing edge of the flap. It might seem counter intuitive (at least it did to me) but lowing the slot raises the trailing edge of the flap. Small adjustments make a pretty difference. Once you dial in the perfect position then attach place the bearing material.

If anyone wants a better description feel free to give me a call. This was giving me fits and I had to redo this part once. Now that I know how to do it I think I could align the flaps very quickly.

Also - on my plans...And I can only speak to my build...the measurement showing the back edge of the flap slot at 84.5mm is not even close to reality. I am not going to say what mine was but I called ZAC and spoke to Caleb. He told me this location was one of those areas to "fit" to your build.

I mention this because I did my best to follow the plans exactly and built my flaps before the main wings. When I went to install flaps I could not get them on because slot was in wrong place. I called ZAC in a panic and Caleb told me to move the slot back to where I needed it to be.
Steve Freeman
602-228-3830

--

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: