Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

one eyed pilots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pj.ladd(at)btinternet.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: one eyed pilots Reply with quote

Of course, and drive a car too >>

the first lorry driver  we employed when my company started only had sight in one eye. His general driving was OK but he had trouble judging the widthof the vehicle.
At that time we operated from a small yard with a narrow driveway for an entrance which had brick walls on both sides. Mother used to hang her washing out to dry down one wall and quite often this driver would leave the yard trailing a string of washing which he had managed to pick up on the tailboard. This was a severe blow to the budget.
You must understand that we were very poor at the time. Father was poor, Mother was poor. The butler was poor...

Cheers

Pat

do not archive

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Dave Pelletier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: one eyed pilots Reply with quote

Quote:
Caution!  Not Kolb related - hit "Delete" before reading.

Of course, and drive a car too >>

the first lorry driver  we employed when my company started only had sight in one eye. His general driving was OK but he had trouble judging the widthof the vehicle.

I don't have much trouble judging the width of a vehicle, but the fore and aft gives me fits.  I don't make very good landings, but I think that has more to do with my brain than with my eye.

You must understand that we were very poor at the time. Father was poor, Mother was poor. The butler was poor...

............and I'll bet the butler's housekeeper didn't have much money either!

AzDave

For goodness sake, Do Not Archive

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

pj.ladd(at)btinternet.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: one eyed pilots Reply with quote

.and I'll bet the butler's housekeeper didn't have much money either!>>

Hi Dave,

its great playing to a really switched on audience>

Cheers

Pat

do not archive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: