Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matt Dralle Why are we

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsanoa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Matt Dralle Why are we Reply with quote

If it ain't broke,  don't fix it.  (88 and set in my ways)
Ray
UltraStar,  TN
do not archive

Charlie England <ceengland(at)bellsouth.net> wrote:
[quote]--> Kolb-List message posted by: Charlie England

JetPilot wrote:

Quote:
--> Kolb-List message posted by: "JetPilot"

With all the talk lately about the size of file attachments and the bandwidth they take I have to ask why are you still using such an antiquated system of an email list. The email system wastes a huge amount of bandwidth by sending everything to everyone subscribed to the list when the fact is most of it is never read. The other problem with the current system is that threads are continually being broken apart as people get the subject line off by one character which really takes away from some of the larger threads. There is also the issue of people always having to worry about “cluttering” the list. The current email list system has so many limitations and drawbacks that users are constantly having work around them, even though some may not realize it.

Everyone with a computer now has Internet Explorer and the ability to use the forum format, it is time for us to join the modern world and all use the forum format. It will save you a huge amount of bandwidth, by only having to send picture and video files to those that want to see them, and it will also solve the problem of large pictures and attachments clogging up peoples email. The forum format will make it easier for people to post, and read all the subjects in a logical, well organized manner. There is every advantage to moving us to a forum only format with very little downside.

Many people never like change, and some people here are so used to the email system, that they will not like the idea of anything different even if it is better. We should not let them hold improvements, they will come around once they get used to a better system and we will all be better off. The current antiquated email list hurts us all by its inherent limitations and stifles the potential of your forum. You have a great thing going here, but it could be so much better. I just wonder why you don’t bring us up modern standards here on the list like every other forum in the world.

Michael A. Bigelow

I have internet deplorer, but I'm smart enough not to use it as a
spam/virus conduit into my computer.
If you are happy with IE & can handle the hassles of a forum format, go
use it; it's available for you.

Some of us find the forum format clunky, much slower that the list
format, & prefer

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: