Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2000+ years of flight!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kfackler(at)ameritech.net

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: 2000+ years of flight!! Reply with quote

At approximately 1400 EDT on this date, the Kolb List First Airplane website officially passed 2000 years of cumulative flying experience!!

As mentioned in other venues, this is by no means a scientific measurement, but it's very, very impressive nonetheless. (Well, it is to me, at least.)

I will continue to accept additions, of course, so please don't feel it's "too late" to get listed.

THANK YOU to each and every person who contributed!

-Ken Fackler
Kolb Mark II / A722KWF
Rochester MI

P.S. For any of you within or near the SE Michigan area, several members of my flying club and I are planning to leave our home field (Ray Community, 57D) at 0800 tomorrow morning. We're flying to Owosso (RNP) for breakfast and then on to Chesaning (50G) to participate in the MULA fly-in. We are going around the Flint Class C on the north side and will be monitoring 129.0 whilst en route. Please feel free to join us.

P.P.S. I wonder if TNK would be interested in our little website?

do not archive

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
APilot(at)webtv.net

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: 2000+ years of flight!! Reply with quote

I have seen little interest from TNK as to what we do with our Kolbs.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

John Hauck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: 2000+ years of flight!! Reply with quote

|
|
| I have seen little interest from TNK as to what we do with our
Kolbs.

Vic:

Must not have spent much time looking.

TNK has an Annual Kolb Homecoming at Labhart Field, London, KY, last
weekend of every September. Bruce Chesnut, Donnie Sizemore, Travis
Brown, and the rest of the Kolb crew and their wives and families, put
on one Hell'uva weekend. One of the only flyin's that provides food,
at no cost, for the entire weekend. Always have a great band too. We
fly, talk, make new friends, and renew old ones.

TNK will be at Sun and Fun and Oshkosh every year. They are there to
help you.

Without the help of TNK I would have never been able to accomplish
many of my flights. Doubt I would be flying at all without the help
of TNK and a lot of other good friends.

Have you checked out their web site?

When is the last time you talked to Bruce Chesnut, Donnie S or Travis
B about their display of little interest as to what we do with our
Kolbs?

When is the last time you bought an aircraft from TNK?

When is the last time you bought anything from TNK?

TNK is a small, very small business. Their purpose in life is to keep
Kolbs flying.

If you bought a second hand Kolb, there is a chance it may be one of
the models that TNK does not support. Amazes me that they are able to
provide parts and expertise on the models they do support.

Talk to some of the other folks that fly Kolbs and interact with TNK.
Maybe they can change your mind about TNK's interest or lack of for
Kolb Aircraft.

Take care,

john h
mkIII (Kolb owner since March 1984, continuous, that is.)

Titus, Alabama
Mike Schnabel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: 2000+ years of flight!! Reply with quote

John /  Gang,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

John, seems lately you don’t pipe up as often as you used too (traveling more lately?), but brother when you do, it hits home very well!

Let me support John’s comments...

I am one of those that have bought a used Kolb product. And, being naive, or anal call it what you like, I wanted to know more about the aircraft I purchased. So guess what I did, yep, contacted the manufacture.

Let me say, that to date I have not added a single penny to The New Kolb Company's pocketbook, but EVERY single question I have asked to them, I have received a very prompt and professional and what’s most impressive PERSONAL reply. They really do care about their product and the people who fly them (in my case, taxi them but that’s another story...). I was even told I could bring the plane up to the factory, they would be GLAD to go over it for me, to ensure It was safe, well built, and even would test fly if for me. Remember, I have not spent a penny… and they would do this for me, to be sure I was a happy, safe, Kolb owner. Well gee, maybe they don’t care… maybe Vic is right… NOT!!!!!

I don’t want this to be a flame against Vic, I am sure he has his reasons for making the comments that he did. But it is necessary for those that have found a different viewpoint to what Vic has stated, to express our perspective. Kolb does care. Vic, if you have had a bad experience, you have to elaborate not just flame. Tell your story (like John and I have).

Now in all fairness, John is a long time Kolb flyer. They have supported many of his AMAZING adventures over the years. And with good reason. He is an accomplished pilot that takes our sport seriously, but also keeps it on the side of having fun, and not so much like work. And TNK as well as the Old Kolb gang has supported him well. And for no real glory or monetary gain mind you, just for their pure belief and support of his endeavors and of our sport of flying for fun.

Then there are the doo-doos like me. Who stumble along in life dreaming of flying. And cant afforded to build or buy a new plane so resort to buying a used one. Well, I can attest with no uncertain doubt, that I feel TNK has just as much commitment and desire to support me as they do the frequent flyers as John, and I have no doubt every pilot/owner in-between.

So, not to be overly redundant, but unless you (Vic or any Kolb nay sayer), can share with us your story of TNK or even the Old Kolb showing no signs of caring... well,  I for one would appreciate you’re cooling your jets on flaming them. They were a 10 star company so many years ago when I first oggled a Firestar at Oshkosh back in '94, and they are now an even more personally responsible and caring group of folks, something that has become a rarity in not only this industry but even more so in this day and age overall, where the making of a quick buck and who gives a hoot (!) about the customer rules. In my opinion, the Kolb gang... THEY CARE!

OK... time to get off the soap box, and let the next speaker onboard... thanks for putting up with my rant.... but I had to say something!

Mike S
Manchester TN
Firestar 2 503

do not archive

John Hauck <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com> wrote:
[quote]--> Kolb-List message posted by: "John Hauck"
| --> Kolb-List message posted by: APilot(at)webtv.net
|
| I have seen little interest from TNK as to what we do with our
Kolbs.

Vic:

Must not have spent much time looking.

TNK has an Annual Kolb Homecoming at Labhart Field, London, KY, last
weekend of every September. Bruce Chesnut, Donnie Sizemore, Travis
Brown, and the rest of the Kolb crew and their wives and families, put
on one Hell'uva weekend. One of the only flyin's that provides food,
at no cost, for the entire weekend. Always have a great band too. We
fly, talk, make new friends, and renew old ones.

TNK will be at Sun and Fun and Oshkosh every year. They are there to
help you.

Without the help of TNK I would have never been able to accomplish
many of my flights. Doubt I would be flying at all without the help
of TNK and a lot of other good friends.

Have you checked out their web site?

When is the last time you talked to Bruce Chesnut, Donnie S or Travis
B about their display of little interest as to what we do with our
Kolbs?

When is the last time you bought an aircraft from TNK?

When is the last time you bought anything from TNK?

TNK is a small, very small business. Their purpose in life is to keep
Kolbs

kfackler(at)ameritech.net

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: 2000+ years of flight!! Reply with quote

---

dhkey(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: 2000+ years of flight!! Reply with quote

I am an inexperienced builder and I bought an unfinished kit from someone.
All the parts weren't with the kit and there were some extra parts as well
as parts that don't belong on planes... It didn't take me long to get very
frustrated with it and start making mistakes.

The first time I called The New Kolb Company I was all hot and bothered. I
was met by understanding and all the help I needed, as if I bought it from
them. They have treated me like a friend. While it's not about the money for
them, IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY AND TIME for me. I'm not sure why they help
me so much but I appreciate it greatly. The service I've received has been
tremendous; they sure got me thinking I'll fly this pile of parts soon.

When I do finish it I hope to fly it to the factory, Sun-n-Fun or OSH and
proudly show them and buy them lunch.
David

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: