Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ID'ing Aluminum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gboothe(at)calply.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: ID'ing Aluminum Reply with quote

List,

Just a follow-up from yesterday… I posted a question about how to ID aluminum angle if there were no ID marks on it. There ensued a variety of answers (imagine that!), all of them helpful and enlightening.

The best suggestion may have come from Bill Naumuk and another lister (maybe Jay in Texas), to call the supplier and get more info from them. Fortunately, there was a Lot # on the piece, and without leading the supplier to an answer, they looked it up and immediately identified it as 6061.

When I questioned them about the profile they simply replied that their supplier always provides it in that profile.

I’ll go ahead with the pieces I purchased and if I crash & die I’ll come back and haunt that establishment ‘till the end of time….

Gary Boothe
Cool, CA
601 HDSTD, WW Conversion
Tail done, working on wings....

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
JERICKSON03E(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: ID'ing Aluminum Reply with quote

In a message dated 7/18/2006 5:44:07 PM Central Daylight Time, gboothe(at)calply.com writes:
Quote:

The best suggestion may have come from Bill Naumuk and another lister (maybe Jay in Texas), to call the supplier and get more info from them. Fortunately, there was a Lot # on the piece, and without leading the supplier to an answer, they looked it up and immediately identified it as 6061.

That is part of the spec, Also required is the T6 or T3,,, as in 6061-T6.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

naumuk(at)alltel.net

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: ID'ing Aluminum Reply with quote

Gary-
    Good. Now that that's over you can come over and help me install soffit and fascia. You should be able to make it by next week.
    Flying at 10000' doesn't bother me a bit, but I keep forgetting where the last rung of the ladder is. Crash every time.
    Our old corded phone died (Got to keep one around if the power goes out), which was connected to my wife's computer, which was connected to the DSL line, which was connected to her MFC, yada, yada, yada. Bottom line is, I lost every list posting for the last 2 days.
    Don't let it go to your heads, but coming home to the list after a day in the crock pot is the high point of my day. I'm not in a pressure cooker, they slow-roast me!
                                    do not archive

Bill Naumuk
40%HDS being relocated to new shop
Townville, Pa
[quote] ---

gboothe(at)calply.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: ID'ing Aluminum Reply with quote

Supplier confirmed that ALL 6061 they stock is T-6. Thanks for the reminder.

Gary
Do Not Archive

From: owner-zenith-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-zenith-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of JERICKSON03E(at)aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 4:07 PM
To: zenith-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: ID'ing Aluminum

In a message dated 7/18/2006 5:44:07 PM Central Daylight Time, gboothe(at)calply.com writes:
Quote:

That is part of the spec, Also required is the T6 or T3,,, as in 6061-T6.

rjscep(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: ID'ing Aluminum Reply with quote

Quote:
I like to point here that I bought 6061T6 at a local
supplier of aluminum. He showed me 6061T351 and that
didn't have a radius in the fillet it was plainly
a straight angle. I told him it was the wrong one
and he had to cut me 6061T6, all 35 feet of it. So
specify that you need 6061T6 that has that radius.
Do not archive..

--- Gary Boothe <gboothe(at)calply.com> wrote:

Quote:
List,

Just a follow-up from yesterday. I posted a question
about how to ID
aluminum angle if there were no ID marks on it.
There ensued a variety of
answers (imagine that!), all of them helpful and
enlightening.

The best suggestion may have come from Bill Naumuk
and another lister (maybe
Jay in Texas), to call the supplier and get more
info from them.
Fortunately, there was a Lot # on the piece, and
without leading the
supplier to an answer, they looked it up and
immediately identified it as

When I questioned them about the profile they simply
replied that their
supplier always provides it in that profile.

I'll go ahead with the pieces I purchased and if I
crash & die I'll come
back and haunt that establishment 'till the end of
time..

Gary Boothe

Cool, CA

601 HDSTD, WW Conversion

Tail done, working on wings....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: