Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zenith Open Hanger Day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hulens61(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Zenith Open Hanger Day Reply with quote

Hey... !!! It's time to get excited about going to Zenith's 15th Annual Open Hanger Day, this coming weekend (Aug 19th) ! In addition to the usual festivities, there's an air show scheduled there too, starting at noon. Check it out on Zenith's web page.

Who's going? Come on you guys, fall in line, lets make the folks at Zenith proud. Weather allowing I'll be flying in.

Who else is planning on being there?

Fred Hulen
"601LX"
Jabiru 3300 powered 601 HDS, now with over 260 hours...
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
dredmoody(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Zenith Open Hanger Day Reply with quote

I'm planning on flying my 601XL / Jabiru 3300 to the factory Open Hangar Day .....
in 2008!

Mark your calendars.... see you there,

Ed Moody II
Rayne, LA
2nd wing

Do Not Archive

---- Fred or Sandy Hulen <hulens61(at)comcast.net> wrote:
Quote:

Hey... !!! It's time to get excited about going to Zenith's 15th Annual Open Hanger Day, this coming weekend (Aug 19th) ! In addition to the usual festivities, there's an air show scheduled there too, starting at noon. Check it out on Zenith's web page.

Who's going? Come on you guys, fall in line, lets make the folks at Zenith proud. Weather allowing I'll be flying in.

Fred Hulen
"601LX"
Jabiru 3300 powered 601 HDS, now with over 260 hours...

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

admin(at)arachnidrobotics

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Zenith Open Hanger Day Reply with quote

Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun, but it's on the wrong side of the country for me.
For the rest of us that aren't lucky enough to be flying cross country to Missouri, there's an alternative. The Northwest Antique Airplane Fly-in is being held in my home town of McMinnville, Oregon this weekend. I've attended the last three years, and have yet to be disappointed.
On average, you'll see about 800 of the most beautifully restored airplanes you've ever seen, along with quite a good selection of homebuilts. We had three Beech Staggerwings and a Thunder Mustang parked together last year. There's a small air show Saturday and Sunday too (Saturday's show is the better of the two). Add to that the chance to ride in a T6, a Stearman or a sailplane for a decent price, and you're got yourself a great weekend!
I've heard through the grapevine that at least two 601's may be there, and of course you'll find at least fifteen or twenty RV's since the factory is right around the corner to us (20 miles or so).
Here's a link to their site: http://www.nwaac.com/macfly/index.html

Hope to see you there!
Tom Henderson
601XL Fuselage
Corvair powered?

Fred or Sandy Hulen <hulens61(at)comcast.net> wrote:[quote]

[quote][b]

2thesky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Zenith Open Hanger Day Reply with quote

I am not a builder, or even a current pilot, and I am going to drive a few hours to get to actually see an XL in person. If I am going to begin flying again, the cost is going to require I fly a cheaper airplane. At first, I looked at LSA's because I had to. Now, after doing some reading, I think I would rather fly an LSA than the 150 HP, 2400 lb plane I was used to. AND, now I want to build a plane, a little scared about it, but I want to. I would make the trip for the air-show. Getting to the Zenith Open HAngar Day is a huge plus. I am hoping that some one with an XL and dual sticks will allow me the privilege of sitting in and "trying on" their airplane. I have a few concerns about an airplane of that size and I am hoping that seeing some in person and hopefully getting to visit the builder/pilots will answer my questions/concerns and give me the final push to go ahead and tackle such a task.

Rick.Beckman(at)atk.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Zenith Open Hanger Day Reply with quote

I am not a builder, or even a current pilot, and I am going to drive a
few hours to get to actually see an XL in person.

Dear "2thesky"
If you are serious about getting more familiar
with the XL, call Zenith and set up a demo flight for Saturday at the
Open Hangar. They only have a certain amount of time for these flights,
so call and set up a reservation and ENJOY!!
Rick Beckman
www.sharbo.us/thebird

rstone4(at)hot.rr.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Zenith Open Hanger Day Reply with quote

Hi Fred,
I am building an XL and plan on using the Jabiru 3300 engine. I just was wondering what you think of this engine. I saw one down at Georgetown airport over the weekend in a hanger where a man was just starting a quick build XL and he had the Jabiru 3300 there on a test stand but had not prepared it to run yet so I have never heard one run. All I can say at this point is, if it runs as good as it looks, I know I will be happy with it.

Bob Stone, Harker Heights, Tx
DO NOT ARCHIVE

[quote] ---

doffill(at)cableone.net

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Zenith Open Hanger Day Reply with quote

I'm attending the rudder workshop and will be hanging over for a while on Saturday for the open hangar day.

Danny Offill
601XL tail kit on order
Van Alstyne, Texas 'Do not archive'
[quote] --

mountain4don

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Zenith Open Hanger Day Reply with quote

I flew my Piper Cherokee from Iowa down to Mexico, Missouri for the Zenith open hanger day yesterday. It turned out to be a beautiful day and they had a tremendous turnout of people. The city also had a pretty good flight show and aviation displays with antique planes, military vehicles and vendors with lots of food and things. Zeniths hanger was always packed with people and it was interesting to walk through their shop and see the production lines and talk to the workers. I even took a look at their gas tank assembly work as they have moved the welding of the filler connection from the top of the tank to the inside to lower it on the skin (I had some trouble fitting my skin under the cap on my 601 XL kit). And they had several tanks there where they had devised a tool to chamfer the opening so the cap will screw in lower to mate with the skin. Several Zenith kit planes had flown in and were on display. 601 HD's, 601 XL's, 701's and 801's. I talked with several 601 owners about their experiences with their engine installations. The Jab 3300 people seemed to be the most happy with their installations and performance. I wanted to see a Corvair installation, but none showed up. No Corvair people at all? Are their any actually flying?

Don Mountain
601 XL, tail done, left wing done, working on right wing

[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: