Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battery Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ByronMFox(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Battery Question Reply with quote

In September 2005, I put two new Gill G25S 12 volt batteries in my CJ to which I attached a 24 volt battery tender. This past Saturday, I discovered that they were shot after a mere 13 months. I have perhaps been mistaken in believing that keeping batteries fully charged was good practice. Without using a battery tender, the last set a batteries lasted about three years. What is it that I fail to understand --- yet again? Thanks, Blitz
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
JBernier(at)dart.org

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Battery Question Reply with quote

Don't know if I can help, wish Brian was still around. If one battery goes bad on a battery tender, it recognizes a low voltage for both when one is OK and fully charged. It keeps on charging both batteries until both are discovered as bad. The balancer that I put in helps eliminate this problem by draining one battery to replenish the other, even when charging. I use two 12 volt Odyssey batteries in series and draw off one for 12 volts. This has been since April of 05. Both are strong. I'm going to not charge the system with the Battery Tender, while its in the hanger, and see what happens. I'm no expert, just a trial and error guy. I have had a Battery Tender on my boat for 5 years before the 12 volt gel cell battery went bad. And It went TU in one month. From good to nothing.
Jim
Quote:
>> ByronMFox(at)aol.com 10/22/2006 11:12 PM >>>
In September 2005, I put two new Gill G25S 12 volt batteries in my CJ to

which I attached a 24 volt battery tender. This past Saturday, I discovered that
they were shot after a mere 13 months. I have perhaps been mistaken in
believing that keeping batteries fully charged was good practice. Without using a
battery tender, the last set a batteries lasted about three years. What is it
that I fail to understand --- yet again? Thanks, Blitz

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: