Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eagle Works Aviation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kelmonroe(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Eagle Works Aviation Reply with quote

Has anyone done any business with Dan Payne at Eagle Works Aviation in Hixon, TN.
I sent him gill shutter parts last December and I am still waiting to be paid.
I also shall be more cautious as to whom I deal with!!

Kelley

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Bill Geipel
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2015 3:37 PM
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Parachutes for Sale

Well I find it kind of educational. Who to buy from and who not to buy from. Or who too maybe or maybe not trust that a deal is closed. I'm pretty sure that that once offered, accepted and payment tendered and received, you can't just change your mind. Although if he sent the money back, the postage to send the money and the interest on the money, it may be acceptable to the buyer but not required.

Let's not get into a pissing contest. It should be kept as a private issue off line. However, if this is acceptable behavior for our group, I shall be more cautious as to whom I deal with.

After all, many on the list sell to many on the list.

It's actually a nice break from the weeks on end of air leaks discussion. It's a pneumatic airplane. Part of the adventure. Live with it.

At my age I have air leaks as well.

Bill

Sent from my iPad
On Apr 27, 2015, at 02:40, Jan Mevis <jan.mevis(at)informavia.be (jan.mevis(at)informavia.be)> wrote:
[quote]
Really? This is rather remarkable.

A seller in the US has the right to change his mind after a deal is concluded?

I am amazed.

So, we Europeans have to be very cautious when we want to deal with US citizens?

Mr Martinez, no worries, I won't comment any further.

I agree that this item is a topic that never should have appeared on this list.

Nor the offer for sale that never really was an offer for sale.

J.

From: Roger Kemp <f16viperdoc(at)me.com (f16viperdoc(at)me.com)>
Reply-To: "yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)" <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)>
Date: Sunday 26 April 2015 19:13
To: "yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)" <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)>

Did I not read that the money was refunded? In the U.S., the seller has the right to change their minds concerning the sale of private property. It becomes illegal when funds are taken and then the product is not delivered. In that case the seller has committed fraud and the buyer has legal recourse.

I have known Jon Blake for a number of years. He has always been forthright and honorable. As a retired U.S. Army Aviator I would expect nothing less. Since he changed his mind and refunded the money no crime was committed. .

Doc

Sent from my iPad
On Apr 26, 2015, at 10:54 AM, Jan Mevis <jan.mevis(at)informavia.be (jan.mevis(at)informavia.be)> wrote:
[quote]
Indeed, but then there shouldn't be any sales offers via the list either.

Particularly when goods are offered, paid for and then not delivered.

J.

From: Ernest Martinez <erniel29(at)gmail.com (erniel29(at)gmail.com)>
Reply-To: "yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)" <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)>
Date: Sunday 26 April 2015 15:48
To: "yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)" <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)>

Guys,

This is of no interest to most of us on the list. Take it off line!

Ernie

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 6:04 AM, <havard.dale(at)yaknorway.com (havard.dale(at)yaknorway.com)> wrote:[quote]
--> Yak-List message posted by: havard.dale(at)yaknorway.com (havard.dale(at)yaknorway.com)

Hi Jan

Yes up to now experiences have been good for me too. To me these experiences damage my trust I have when I enter into agreements of this kind and it makes me pissed off. Because if we have no trust when dealing overseas everything is more difficult.

If I sell something and has received payment, I mean that the buyer has all rights over what I've sold. And I am obliged to do my part of the deal.

A deal is a deal, and for me it takes a long time to build up trust, but only one second to break it!

Hopefully this is a one time experience, have a nice day.

Br
Havard

--

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
draftsjust417(at)gmail.co

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: Eagle Works Aviation Reply with quote

Thanks for heads up on Eagle Aviation... I like to keep tabs on such people to avoid.
Justin On Apr 26, 2015 1:31 PM, "Kelley Monroe" <kelmonroe(at)comcast.net (kelmonroe(at)comcast.net)> wrote:[quote]
Has anyone done any business with Dan Payne at Eagle Works Aviation in Hixon, TN.
I sent him gill shutter parts last December and I am still waiting to be paid.
I also shall be more cautious as to whom I deal with!!

Kelley

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Bill Geipel
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2015 3:37 PM
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)

Well I find it kind of educational. Who to buy from and who not to buy from. Or who too maybe or maybe not trust that a deal is closed. I'm pretty sure that that once offered, accepted and payment tendered and received, you can't just change your mind. Although if he sent the money back, the postage to send the money and the interest on the money, it may be acceptable to the buyer but not required.

Let's not get into a pissing contest. It should be kept as a private issue off line. However, if this is acceptable behavior for our group, I shall be more cautious as to whom I deal with. 

After all, many on the list sell to many on the list.

It's actually a nice break from the weeks on end of air leaks discussion. It's a pneumatic airplane. Part of the adventure. Live with it. 

At my age I have air leaks as well.

Bill

Sent from my iPad
On Apr 27, 2015, at 02:40, Jan Mevis <jan.mevis(at)informavia.be (jan.mevis(at)informavia.be)> wrote:
[quote]
Really? This is rather remarkable. 

A seller in the US has the right to change his mind after a deal is concluded?

I am amazed.

So, we Europeans have to be very cautious when we want to deal with US citizens?

Mr Martinez, no worries, I won't comment any further. 

I agree that this item is a topic that never should have appeared on this list.

Nor the offer for sale that never really was an offer for sale.

J.

From: Roger Kemp <f16viperdoc(at)me.com (f16viperdoc(at)me.com)>
Date: Sunday 26 April 2015 19:13

Did I not read that the money was refunded? In the U.S., the seller has the right to change their minds concerning the sale of private property. It becomes illegal when funds are taken and then the product is not delivered. In that case the seller has committed fraud and the buyer has legal recourse. 

I have known Jon Blake  for a number of years. He has always been forthright and honorable. As a retired U.S. Army Aviator I would expect nothing less. Since he changed his mind and refunded the money no crime was committed. .

Doc

Sent from my iPad
On Apr 26, 2015, at 10:54 AM, Jan Mevis <jan.mevis(at)informavia.be (jan.mevis(at)informavia.be)> wrote:
[quote]
Indeed, but then there shouldn't be any sales offers via the list either.

Particularly when goods are offered, paid for and then not delivered.

J.

From: Ernest Martinez <erniel29(at)gmail.com (erniel29(at)gmail.com)>
Date: Sunday 26 April 2015 15:48

Guys,

This is of no interest to most of us on the list. Take it off line!

Ernie

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 6:04 AM, <havard.dale(at)yaknorway.com (havard.dale(at)yaknorway.com)> wrote:[quote]
--> Yak-List message posted by: havard.dale(at)yaknorway.com (havard.dale(at)yaknorway.com)

Hi Jan

Yes up to now experiences have been good for me too. To me these experiences damage my trust I have when I enter into agreements of this kind and it makes me pissed off. Because if we have no trust when dealing overseas everything is more difficult.

If I sell something and has received payment, I mean that the buyer has all rights over what I've sold. And I am obliged to do my part of the deal.

A deal is a deal, and for me it takes a long time to build up trust, but only one second to break it!

Hopefully this is a one time experience, have a nice day.

Br
Havard

--

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: