Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any user feed back of f.u.n.k.e avionics?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pete(at)lawless.info

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:19 am    Post subject: Any user feed back of f.u.n.k.e avionics? Reply with quote

Hi All

Just thinking of an upgrade to my Microair radio and old Mode C King.

Anyone using funke? They appear to be better value than the Trig or
Becker but I do not know anyone who uses one.

Comments on user experience please. In particular is the built in
intercom any good.

Thanks

Pete

G-RMAC Classic #109

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
bryannortje

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:48 am    Post subject: Any user feed back of f.u.n.k.e avionics? Reply with quote

Hi Pete

I have fitted both the OLED transceiver and the mode S units in my previous build G-TORO and now fitting them into my recently bought Europa G-CFKZ. IMHO they are fantastic units and if installed properly with good antennae will prove to be great additions to your plane. The built in intercom is brilliant and coupled with good headsets beats anything else hands down.

The frequency dual watch facility on the Radio is brilliant. The transponder is also ADS-B ready so supplying a GPS feed and you then visible to any aircraft with TCAS and a further help to ATC units whom don't have secondary radar.

If you are a dab hand at electrics i would suggest doing the connector yourself and avoid the pre-made Loom available. I say this purely due to the loom available, (well the one supplied by LX Avionics) is rather heavy and you can buy a plastic connector housing for the Radio from Maplins which is lighter than the one supplied with the radio.

Call Mike Pettican from LX Avionics and he will sort a good deal for you. Usually they have units in stock and if you local to the South Northants area you can collect.

If you need any further info, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards
Bryan

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
On 15 Aug 2015, at 07:18, Pete Lawless <pete(at)lawless.info> wrote:

Hi All

Anyone using funke? They appear to be better value than the Trig or Becker but I do not know anyone who uses one.

Comments on user experience please. In particular is the built in intercom any good.

Thanks

Pete

G-RMAC Classic #109

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Alfred Buess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:12 am    Post subject: Any user feed back of f.u.n.k.e avionics? Reply with quote

Pete, I have a funke TRT800H transponder in my Europa, so far few but good experiences. As for the COM I prefered the Dittel KRT2: excellent unit with a reasonable price, low power consumption, dual watch, there exists an adapter for the Microair COM for an easy upgrade. Very good experiences so far. Have a look at there website for more information.
Regards Alfred

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Quote:
Am 15.08.2015 um 14:18 schrieb Pete Lawless <pete(at)lawless.info>:

Hi All

Anyone using funke? They appear to be better value than the Trig or Becker but I do not know anyone who uses one.

Comments on user experience please. In particular is the built in intercom any good.

Thanks

Pete

G-RMAC Classic #109

peterz(at)zutrasoft.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:36 am    Post subject: Any user feed back of f.u.n.k.e avionics? Reply with quote

as I posted earlier fwiw, I find the Trig set performs terrifically - even in my *very* harsh vibration environment.\

Cheers,
Pete
A239 (still a pile of parts)
C-IPWZ
[img]cid:ii_14f31c9042e9ce9b[/img]

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 10:11 AM, YKI <ykibuess(at)bluewin.ch (ykibuess(at)bluewin.ch)> wrote:
Quote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: YKI <ykibuess(at)bluewin.ch (ykibuess(at)bluewin.ch)>

Pete, I have a funke TRT800H transponder in my Europa, so far few but good experiences. As for the COM I prefered the Dittel KRT2: excellent unit with a reasonable price, low power consumption, dual watch, there exists an adapter for the Microair COM for an easy upgrade. Very good experiences so far. Have a look at there website for more information.
Regards Alfred

Von meinem iPad gesendet

> Am 15.08.2015 um 14:18 schrieb Pete Lawless <pete(at)lawless.info (pete(at)lawless.info)>:
>
> --> Europa-List message posted by: Pete Lawless <pete(at)lawless.info (pete(at)lawless.info)>
>
> Hi All
>
> Just thinking of an upgrade to my Microair radio and old Mode C King.
>
> Anyone using funke? They appear to be better value than the Trig or Becker but I do not know anyone who uses one.
>
> Comments on user experience please.  In particular is the built in intercom any good.
>
> Thanks
>
> Pete
>
> G-RMAC Classic #109
>
>
>
>

===========
pa-List" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
===========
FORUMS -
eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
===========
b Site -
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
===========

location.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  377.87 KB
 Viewed:  8489 Time(s)

location.jpg

pete(at)lawless.info

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:40 pm    Post subject: Any user feed back of f.u.n.k.e avionics? Reply with quote

Thanks for the feed back funke sounds interesting but so does the Dittel
which I had not heard of before. The Dittel is also a much more
sensible price at sub £800 in the UK. Trig was what I expected.

Regards

Pete

On 15/08/15 14:47, Bryan Nortje wrote:
Quote:

Hi Pete

I have fitted both the OLED transceiver and the mode S units in my previous build G-TORO and now fitting them into my recently bought Europa G-CFKZ. IMHO they are fantastic units and if installed properly with good antennae will prove to be great additions to your plane. The built in intercom is brilliant and coupled with good headsets beats anything else hands down.

The frequency dual watch facility on the Radio is brilliant. The transponder is also ADS-B ready so supplying a GPS feed and you then visible to any aircraft with TCAS and a further help to ATC units whom don't have secondary radar.

If you are a dab hand at electrics i would suggest doing the connector yourself and avoid the pre-made Loom available. I say this purely due to the loom available, (well the one supplied by LX Avionics) is rather heavy and you can buy a plastic connector housing for the Radio from Maplins which is lighter than the one supplied with the radio.

Call Mike Pettican from LX Avionics and he will sort a good deal for you. Usually they have units in stock and if you local to the South Northants area you can collect.

If you need any further info, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards
Bryan

Sent from my iPad

> On 15 Aug 2015, at 07:18, Pete Lawless <pete(at)lawless.info> wrote:
>
>
>
> Hi All
>
> Just thinking of an upgrade to my Microair radio and old Mode C King.
>
> Anyone using funke? They appear to be better value than the Trig or Becker but I do not know anyone who uses one.
>
> Comments on user experience please. In particular is the built in intercom any good.
>
> Thanks
>
> Pete
>
> G-RMAC Classic #109
>
>

Roland

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Any user feed back of f.u.n.k.e avionics? Reply with quote

Hi!

I also replaced my Microair through a Dittel KRT2 and am satisfied with it - price is reasonable, Dual watch and very lightweight. Some criticize the handling but I guess this is very individual.

Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI
XS Trigear 914

thoulihan(at)blueyonder.c

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:05 am    Post subject: Any user feed back of f.u.n.k.e avionics? Reply with quote

Hi.
I replaced my Microair 760 with a Trig TT21 the flexibility that design has for installation is really useful , I already had a Trig transponder so I suppose matching the units was part of the decision . One thing about Trig is that their support is excellent in fact I would say even better than that. They upgraded my transponder to the current version to enable the ADS-b co-ordinates to be displayed, even though ADS-b had always been fully functional. They offered to do it even though it was not absolutely necessary and they turned it round within the day without charge. Very good service.
regards
Tim
G-BZTH 
Quote:

On 17 August 2015 at 09:14 Roland <schmidtroland(at)web.de> wrote:--> Europa-List message posted by: "Roland" <schmidtroland(at)web.de>Hi!I also replaced my Microair through a Dittel KRT2 and am satisfied with it - price is reasonable, Dual watch and very lightweight. Some criticize the handling but I guess this is very individual.RegardsRolandPH-ZTIXS Trigear 914Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=446061#446061

> [quote][b]

cakeykev(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:46 am    Post subject: Any user feed back of f.u.n.k.e avionics? Reply with quote

Hi
I am waiting for the Trig Nav/Com.
I already have a Trig transponder mode S. I blew it up when testing completely my fault I managed to allow a live wire to touch the box. Trig fixed it free of charge even though my fault. No hassle and first class service.

Kevin Challis
G ODJG

On 17 Aug 2015, at 10:05, houlihan tim <thoulihan(at)blueyonder.co.uk (thoulihan(at)blueyonder.co.uk)> wrote:
[quote]
Hi.
I replaced my Microair 760 with a Trig TT21 the flexibility that design has for installation is really useful , I already had a Trig transponder so I suppose matching the units was part of the decision . One thing about Trig is that their support is excellent in fact I would say even better than that. They upgraded my transponder to the current version to enable the ADS-b co-ordinates to be displayed, even though ADS-b had always been fully functional. They offered to do it even though it was not absolutely necessary and they turned it round within the day without charge. Very good service.
regards
Tim
G-BZTH
Quote:

On 17 August 2015 at 09:14 Roland <schmidtroland(at)web.de (schmidtroland(at)web.de)> wrote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: "Roland" <schmidtroland(at)web.de (schmidtroland(at)web.de)>

Hi!

I also replaced my Microair through a Dittel KRT2 and am satisfied with it - price is reasonable, Dual watch and very lightweight. Some criticize the handling but I guess this is very individual.

Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI
XS Trigear 914

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=446061#446061

Quote:
Quote:

[b]

pjeffers(at)talktalk.net

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:46 am    Post subject: Any user feed back of f.u.n.k.e avionics? Reply with quote

I too have TRIG units fitted now for 2 years with faultless and excellent performance.  One big plus for Trig is their second to none service.  Initially when I fitted the Mode S transponder I had difficulties which eventually turned out to be my aerial connections.  Trig sent me a replacement unit as an elimination ploy, free of charge , 24 hr delivery.  
Regardless of price I rank TRIG units and the company very highly.
Pete
PS and they speak English (albeit with a Scottish accent)

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Challis
Sent: 17 August 2015 10:46
To: europa-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Re: Any user feed back of f.u.n.k.e avionics?

Hi

I am waiting for the Trig Nav/Com.

I already have a Trig transponder mode S. I blew it up when testing completely my fault I managed to allow a live wire to touch the box. Trig fixed it free of charge even though my fault. No hassle and first class service.

Kevin Challis

G ODJG

On 17 Aug 2015, at 10:05, houlihan tim <thoulihan(at)blueyonder.co.uk (thoulihan(at)blueyonder.co.uk)> wrote:
Quote:

Hi.
I replaced my Microair 760 with a Trig TT21 the flexibility that design has for installation is really useful , I already had a Trig transponder so I suppose matching the units was part of the decision . One thing about Trig is that their support is excellent in fact I would say even better than that. They upgraded my transponder to the current version to enable the ADS-b co-ordinates to be displayed, even though ADS-b had always been fully functional. They offered to do it even though it was not absolutely necessary and they turned it round within the day without charge. Very good service.
regards
Tim
G-BZTH
Quote:

On 17 August 2015 at 09:14 Roland <schmidtroland(at)web.de (schmidtroland(at)web.de)> wrote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: "Roland" <schmidtroland(at)web.de (schmidtroland(at)web.de)>

Hi!

Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI
XS Trigear 914

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=446061#446061

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2015.0.6086 / class=MsoNormal style='mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2015.0.6086 / 08/17/15
[quote][b]

graeme bird

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Any user feed back of f.u.n.k.e avionics? Reply with quote

good service from the ATR883 and the TRT800H including intercom and dual watch (which is really useful).
Also had them in my C42.

Kit2 G-PATS - (kesterton) Mono Classic 912 warpdrive
Kit 1 G-UMPY - Mono Classic/XS 912S, Woodcomp G(@)gdbmk.co.uk
Rick Moss

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Any user feed back of f.u.n.k.e avionics? Reply with quote

I used to have a Trig TT21 xpdr fitted next to my Funke ATR833; in bright sunlight I couldn't read the radio screen, but the transponder was perfectly visible. I now have a TY91 radio and am totally happy with it.

pete(at)lawless.info

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Any user feed back of f.u.n.k.e avionics? Reply with quote

Thanks again one and all. Lots of useful input - now just need to make
a decision!

Pete

On 17/08/15 20:40, Rick Moss wrote:
Quote:

I used to have a Trig TT21 xpdr fitted next to my Funke ATR833; in bright sunlight I couldn't read the radio screen, but the transponder was perfectly visible. I now have a TY91 radio and am totally happy with it.

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=446085#446085

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: