Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radio,s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clouddog22(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:55 am    Post subject: Radio,s Reply with quote

Good morning y'all.
I am wanting to add a second radio to my CJ. I am looking at the  MGL V6   and the Becker AR6201. Both of these are the 2 1/2" round radios. Does anyone have any experience with either one of these radios regarding support, clarity, range, easy of use, readability in bright cockpit, etc.  The other option would be add a Garmin GTR 200  which is a great radio full of features to the vertical stack giving me 2 radios and 1 transponder that would hang below the center of the instrument panel. However, placing another radio in the vertical stack places the transponder  down  to where accessibility could be an issue or when working under and behind the panel.
Greg "Clouddog" Wrobel
PS if you would rather call, contact me off line and I'll send over my phone number.
Thanks. [quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
pa3arw(at)ziggo.nl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Radio,s Reply with quote

Greg,
I installed the Becker 6201 6 weeks ago replacing the much older 4201(has been 12 years in my Yak52).
Originally I had the intention and already purchased the Funkwerk 833 Oled. During the installation however I found out that the the square fitting behind the panel does not fit the Funkwerk but only the Becker6201 instead. The necessary mechanical work to fit the Funkwerk was unacceptable so I decided to change to the Becker 6201.
At the end of the day that was good decision. The 6201 is a great radio with a very good readable lighted display. Originally I made my choice for the Funkwerk because of the Oled display. An Oled display is readable under all light conditions and I was afraid that the Becker wasn’t. A LCD display has a certain viewing angle and the 4201 was a pain in the b…. to read. Fortunately Becker did an excellent job on the display of the 6201. It is very good readable. The main unit has a possibility for a slave control unit in the rear cockpit (like the Funkwerk) and immediate access to controls for the squelch, volume etc.
I do NOT recommend to use the internal intercom. I already had the PM1000 in use and did not change it. Why change something which is already very good…right?
One  of my friends uses the internal intercom in a Stearman and decided to add an external intercom. The problem with radio’s with build in intercoms is that to make adjustments to intercom settings y’ll always have to go through a menu. Not handy in our environment of a Yak or CJ.
I am happy to give you a call when necessary.
Fly safe!
Hans O.
PH-YAK
Van: <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)> on behalf of Greg Wrobel <clouddog22(at)gmail.com (clouddog22(at)gmail.com)>
Beantwoorden - Aan: <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)>
Datum: maandag 26 oktober 2015 14:29
Aan: <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)>
Onderwerp: Radio,s

Good morning y'all.
I am wanting to add a second radio to my CJ. I am looking at the MGL V6 and the Becker AR6201. Both of these are the 2 1/2" round radios. Does anyone have any experience with either one of these radios regarding support, clarity, range, easy of use, readability in bright cockpit, etc. The other option would be add a Garmin GTR 200 which is a great radio full of features to the vertical stack giving me 2 radios and 1 transponder that would hang below the center of the instrument panel. However, placing another radio in the vertical stack places the transponder down to where accessibility could be an issue or when working under and behind the panel.
Greg "Clouddog" Wrobel
PS if you would rather call, contact me off line and I'll send over my phone number.
Thanks.
Quote:

ww.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
com
ronics.com/contribution

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: