Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elevator/Stabilizer hinge ass'y and who's play ground is it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herbgh(at)nctc.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:22 am    Post subject: Elevator/Stabilizer hinge ass'y and who's play ground is it Reply with quote

to add a bit of levity.....a new bee to this list, who hints at
criticism of the Kolb line of airplanes... normally has a life span akin
to a guy in a tailored suit and derby hat. carrying a cane and walking
into a biker bar!! Saying something such as "could I have a glass of
water for me and my poodle".

Homer was a perfect gentleman...but he was not God as Bro Pike just
shown...were he not constrained by contractual obligations, I am sure he
would have been making, suggesting improvements along the way...

And the one thing I took away from meeting him a couple of
times...was that ...he was very careful not to criticize... I remember
him looking at the Firestar 1 with the half vw mounted and saying " sure
does vibrate" Smile

Plane less Herb....in Ky...

Quote:
-

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
John Hauck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:44 am    Post subject: Elevator/Stabilizer hinge ass'y and who's play ground is it Reply with quote

Herb/Kolbers:

I believe I remember that. It was at one of the Kolb fly ins at Chesnut Knolls Airfield. Wasn't the VW hard mounted?

It is a little annoying when a new comer hits the List and begins criticizing "our" aircraft, especially if they hint what we are flying is unsafe. It is especially annoying when the criticizer has no hands on experience with our airplanes and we don't know who he is.

As Reverend Pike suggests many times, I am an old Kolb curmudgeon. I've spent a lot of time building and flying these little airplanes for the last 32 years. I am very proud of our Kolbs and the people who build and fly them. We are different from "normal" aviators. Wink I take umbrage when someone, especially someone I do not know, begins tearing my airplane apart.

I've been on the Kolb List for 18 years. When I got here I posted a little note of who I was, where I was from, what I had done, what I fly, and what I like to do. If Bill B posted his mini-bio I probably missed it. I've been on the road for a few days and haven't been up to date on my email. Right now I don't know this guy other than the fact he has a Kolb elevator hinge fetish.

john h
mkIII
Jasper, Tennessee

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Titus, Alabama
jimswan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Elevator/Stabilizer hinge ass'y and who's play ground is it Reply with quote

I was there when Homer made that statement.........

--

John Hauck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Elevator/Stabilizer hinge ass'y and who's play ground is it Reply with quote

Hi Jim S:

Long time.

Are you still flying the FS?

john h
mkIII
Jasper, Tennessee

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of James Swan
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2016 10:49 AM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Re: Elevator/Stabilizer hinge ass'y and who's play ground is it anyway!!

I was there when Homer made that statement.........
<![if !supportLineBreakNewLine]><![endif]>
--

Titus, Alabama
jimswan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject: Elevator/Stabilizer hinge ass'y and who's play ground is it Reply with quote

Hello John H., yes I am still flying the FS and enjoying it...sure a fun airplane and cheap to operate.....at my age I have to be a bit more careful with my concentration....and pre flight....I don't wander far from home, but visit some of the local people I know...will soon get the F.S. out and give it a good cleaning also need to do some service work on it.....I seem to just want to fly it and let the work part go...also at my age I am glad that I only have a single place....I don't think a person would have real good judgement to ride with me and yet some still want to and I would have a hard time turning them down..I should have kept tract of how many people I gave their lst ride in a plane.......if I was younger I would be all for flying and a camping....the Kolb would be a fun plane to do it with........as you well know.....
J. Swan
Eaton Rapids, Michigan

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: