Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ND flying videos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuart(at)harnerfarm.net

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: ND flying videos Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Raining here today so had a chance to get some videos from last year posted. No music, just engine and wind noise.

http://www.harnerfarm.net/serenity/videos.html

New ones are at the bottom of the list.

Serenity Landing is a little long and maybe a little boring. It was the end of a nice evening flight. You get to see a little of the countryside around the Mandan, ND airport as well as the grass strip.

Dawn Patrol was a friend wanting to get some pictures from his deck. It was a nice warm morning but we forgot his deck faces East! My video came out better than his pictures.

Hello! was from my last flight of the year and it was my birthday. I had promised a friend that I would fly up and around their house so their little boy could see it. Problem was, even though it was nice on the ground, anything above about 600’ AGL was so rough it was out of my comfort zone. I forced myself to fly in the rough air as I figured I needed the practice. I got as high as I dared and crossed the river where there was a wide sand bar. First time over water! Made it safe and sound but I was not sure about the fuel situation so only made one pass. I sure don’t want to run out on final because I was screwing around too long. As it turns out I had a gallon and a half when I got back.

This year I plan on experimenting with different camera mounts/locations to try and minimize the “jello” effect.

Enjoy, or ignore, your choice!

Stuart

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
lcottrell

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: ND flying videos Reply with quote

On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 5:12 PM, Stuart Harner <stuart(at)harnerfarm.net (stuart(at)harnerfarm.net)> wrote:
Quote:

This year I plan on experimenting with different camera mounts/locations to try and minimize the “jello” effect.

Stuart, Thanks for the videos. I assume that you are using a Virb Elite? I was a bit surprised at the clarity of them. The last was a lot more like it. I checked the settings on mine and found that it was set to 1080P- Ultra zoom- format NTSC. Lens correct was on as well as the stabilizer. Those setting seem to render a video close to what I see with my naked eye.

I have checked all over my Firestar and the only place that will give me the least amount of jello and other crap is on the end of the nose pod, and secured as solid as I can get it. I have a screw in pitot tube holder (plastic from AC spruce) I took a piece of alum flat stock, bent half of it 180 degrees and mounted my cradle on it. It just clears the pod. I tried one of the stick on holders and it was not as good as the alum for some reason. 
The other spot that isn't all that bad is the wing. Of course if you fold it each time , that isn't going to work.
You will also find that there is some rpm ranges that will cause jello. For me and the HKS with a Max cruise of 5800 RPM, I find that either 5400 or faster is as smooth as it gets for me. So if you are getting jello, do a flight and mark your RPM's and try different speeds and see which works the best.
I think some of the reason the quality is less than I would expect is where the video is uploaded to. Vimeo has a free membership that will give you 5000? MB a week free. The quality is really good, and they don't hassle you if you want to put some music on your video. You tube is impossible for me to deal with. When I am uploading it I make the quality as high as I can get it.
Thanks for doing the videos, I like to see other parts of the country, and appreciate the effort that it takes to do a video. I wish others would do more.
Larry   

--
The older I get, the less tolerant I am of those who are intolerant of others.

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email address before sending.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

camera_Mt_nose.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  327.82 KB
 Viewed:  1604 Time(s)

camera_Mt_nose.JPG

wing_mount.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  340.81 KB
 Viewed:  1603 Time(s)

wing_mount.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: