Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

US Canada Insurance Survey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
h&jeuropa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:52 am    Post subject: US Canada Insurance Survey Reply with quote

Good Day,
David Joyce has recently collected information from UK Europa owners about their aircraft insurance. I am attempting to collect similar data from US/Canada owners. Please email the following information to butcher43(at)att.net . If enough of you respond, it should give us a comparison of relative costs for trigear vs. mono and allow individuals to see whether their insurer is offering a reasonable deal. Any comments about how you transitioned into your Europa are welcome, too. I would like to use the aggregated results in a Europa Flyer article and on the Matronics forum. I will keep your individual information private. Thank you. Jim
Ins. Premium, Liability Amount, Hull Amount, Insurer (Broker & Underwriter)
Mono or Trigear
XS or Classic
Short Wing and / or Glider Wing
912, 912S, 914 or Jabiru
Total aircraft time
Your total pilot time; pilot time in Europa
Your certificates & ratings
Any other comments that may be pertinent to insurance
For myself:
$1350; $1M, $100K/passenger; $70K Ground not in motion; Sky Smith, Global Aerospace
Mono; XS; Short wing; 914; 700 hrs a/c; pilot 2700 total; 675 Europa; Commercial ASEL, Instrument, complex, tailwheel, glider; Got glider rating and tailwheel endorsement and a couple hours in Scheibe motorglider. I did first flight from a grass strip and completed phase 1 testing, later ground looped and damaged airplane. Subsequently, I flew with an experienced tailwheel CFI to work out landing configurations and gain confidence.

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
rlborger(at)mac.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: US Canada Insurance Survey Reply with quote

Jim,

I’m waiting on my insurance bill, due soon, before I provide numbers. Once I have it I’ll pass along the requested info.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop (75 hrs).
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX 76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117
rlborger(at)mac.com

On Apr 26, 2016, at 8:52 AM, h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43(at)att.net> wrote:

Good Day,
David Joyce has recently collected information from UK Europa owners about their aircraft insurance. I am attempting to collect similar data from US/Canada owners. Please email the following information to butcher43(at)att.net . If enough of you respond, it should give us a comparison of relative costs for trigear vs. mono and allow individuals to see whether their insurer is offering a reasonable deal. Any comments about how you transitioned into your Europa are welcome, too. I would like to use the aggregated results in a Europa Flyer article and on the Matronics forum. I will keep your individual information private. Thank you. Jim
Ins. Premium, Liability Amount, Hull Amount, Insurer (Broker & Underwriter)
Mono or Trigear
XS or Classic
Short Wing and / or Glider Wing
912, 912S, 914 or Jabiru
Total aircraft time
Your total pilot time; pilot time in Europa
Your certificates & ratings
Any other comments that may be pertinent to insurance
For myself:
$1350; $1M, $100K/passenger; $70K Ground not in motion; Sky Smith, Global Aerospace
Mono; XS; Short wing; 914; 700 hrs a/c; pilot 2700 total; 675 Europa; Commercial ASEL, Instrument, complex, tailwheel, glider; Got glider rating and tailwheel endorsement and a couple hours in Scheibe motorglider. I did first flight from a grass strip and completed phase 1 testing, later ground looped and damaged airplane. Subsequently, I flew with an experienced tailwheel CFI to work out landing configurations and gain confidence.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

h&jeuropa

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: US Canada Insurance Survey Reply with quote

Thanks to all who answered my request about their insurance coverage and premium. I have attached a graph of the data (mono-wheel in blue, tri-gear in magenta). Even though the data is limited (7 mono-wheel, 5 tri-gear), a few trends are apparent.

• It appears a mono-wheel is perhaps $400 more expensive to insure than a tri-gear for the same hull value.

• All but one tri-gear are insured by AIG (4) Global (1), whereas mono-wheels are scattered between Global (1), AIG (3) and Starr (3). There are eight different brokers represented. No one is insured by Avemco, the only direct (non-broker) insurer.

• Two mono-wheel owners have liability only, no hull insurance. One mono-wheel owner has no insurance at all.

• Two mono-wheel owners and one tri-gear owner have ground, not in motion rather than full coverage hull insurance.
• Pilot experience ranges from over 10,000 hour ATP to 1100 hour private and make and model experience ranges from 75 to 1000 hours.

I’m still working on insurance and transition issues and will have an article in the Europa Flyer in the near future.
Jim

Ins Graph.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Ins Graph.pdf
 Filesize:  5.67 KB
 Downloaded:  247 Time(s)

h&jeuropa

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: US Canada Insurance Survey Reply with quote

I just got another data point so have updated the graph. I've also add which underwriter is associated with each datapoint. This may be useful when comparing offerings from your broker.

Jim

Ins Graph UW.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Ins Graph UW.pdf
 Filesize:  6.09 KB
 Downloaded:  241 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: