Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AEC 9005 Indicates Low Voltage, Perhaps Erroneously?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
email(at)jaredyates.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: AEC 9005 Indicates Low Voltage, Perhaps Erroneously? Reply with quote

Flying today everything was normal, except that the low voltage light started to blink intermittently, then constantly. The Dynon D180 voltage indication was in the high 13 range, which isn't uncommon. It's usually in the 13.7-14.3 range, and the light has never come on with the engine running before. Is there a failure mode of the AEC 9005 that would cause it to indicate a low voltage so much higher than the intended 13, or should I believe the 9005 and suspect the D180? In all other cases the Dynon indications seem to be about right. The primary alternator is a Plane Power AL12-EI60/C.

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
user9253

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: AEC 9005 Indicates Low Voltage, Perhaps Erroneously? Reply with quote

It is unlikely that the D-180 is reporting the wrong voltage.
Suspect a poor electrical connection to the AEC 9005.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

email(at)jaredyates.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: AEC 9005 Indicates Low Voltage, Perhaps Erroneously? Reply with quote

Thanks Bob, I'll see if I can measure voltage at the incoming pin as to isolate the wiring from the device. If the voltage there is on par with the Dynon indication, I'll send the unit over.

On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Robert L. Nuckolls, III <nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelectric.com (nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelectric.com)> wrote:
Quote:
At 04:33 PM 8/12/2016, you wrote:
Quote:
Flying today everything was normal, except that the low voltage light started to blink intermittently, then constantly. The Dynon D180 voltage indication was in the high 13 range, which isn't uncommon. It's usually in the 13.7-14.3 range, and the light has never come on with the engine running before. Is there a failure mode of the AEC 9005 that would cause it to indicate a low voltage so much higher than the intended 13, or should I believe the 9005 and suspect the D180? In all other cases the Dynon indications seem to be about right. The primary alternator is a Plane Power AL12-EI60/C.

This is difficult to diagnose without
 measurements.

All AEC products have lifetime warranty.
 If you would priority mail your module
 to me, I'll check it on the acceptance test
 fixture, evaluate its performance and
 return it to you with any necessary
 repairs in place.

We don't often get a chance to evaluate
 fielded products. I'd be pleased to assist
 by checking off at least one box in the
 troubleshooting process.

Bob . . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: