Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kolb Sighting in Florida...well, kinda

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bolserst

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Kolb Sighting in Florida...well, kinda Reply with quote

Long time Kolb fan and lurker...

I did a double take the other night while watching a rerun of CSI Miami.
Attached are a couple screen grabs with Kolb FS in frame.
The episode originally aired in late 2011.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

Kolb_Miami_Season9_Ep22_01.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  372.17 KB
 Viewed:  6637 Time(s)

Kolb_Miami_Season9_Ep22_01.png

Kolb_Miami_Season9_Ep22_02.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  319.96 KB

Kolb_Miami_Season9_Ep22_02.png

Kolb_Miami_Season9_Ep22_03.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  311.41 KB

Kolb_Miami_Season9_Ep22_03.png

John Hauck

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Kolb Sighting in Florida...well, kinda Reply with quote

Wonder where the airstrip is located, and who owns the FS?

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama - Hunkered down next to the fireplace this morning.

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Titus, Alabama
Bolserst

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Kolb Sighting in Florida...well, kinda Reply with quote

I was wondering that myself...and did figure it out the location.
Although the location is identified in the show as Homestead General south west of Miami, it obviously isn't. The Wiki page for the show mentions nearly all filming is done in CA, not FL. The yellow trainer in the background is a Breese 2 and has the word SCHOOL under the right wing. A bit of searching turned up N18VE.
http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/000535002.html

The airport-data page mentions the owner is a member of VCUAS(Ventura County Ultralight Aircraft Society) which is based at the Camarillo airport. They have a separate ultralight area at the south west corner of the airport. Looks like the kolb was positioned just west of the first T-hangar.

Camarillo_Airport_SWcorner.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.31 MB
 Viewed:  6595 Time(s)

Camarillo_Airport_SWcorner.png

John Hauck

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject: Kolb Sighting in Florida...well, kinda Reply with quote

Thanks for the information.

I landed at Homestead for fuel in 1994. Soon after the hurricane that
devastated the airport. Took on 20 gallons of fuel. FOB was operating out
of an old mobile home and pumping fuel out of an old rusty fuel truck. When
I told the FOB where I had flown the past 40 days, he refused to take my
money. His airport had been blown away. There was nothing left, yet he
wanted to help me complete my flight. I met a lot of people like him on
that flight in Alaska, Canada, and CONUS.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

--

Titus, Alabama
patrickjladd(at)hotmail.c

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject: Kolb Sighting in Florida...well, kinda Reply with quote

Dear John
I have picked up your email on Pat's computer. I am sorry to tell you that Pat is terminally ill and is now in a nearby nursing home permanently.
I am so sorry to be the bearer of such sad news. He has always enjoyed his association with the Kolb List.
I would be grateful if you could circulate the list for me as I am unsure how to do this.
Both Pat and I have fond memories of meeting you and the others in Monument Valley a few years ago.
All the best to you all
Wendy Ladd

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com> on behalf of John Hauck <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com>
Sent: 11 December 2016 16:40:06
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: RE: Re: Kolb Sighting in Florida...well, kinda

--> Kolb-List message posted by: "John Hauck" <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com>

Thanks for the information.

I landed at Homestead for fuel in 1994. Soon after the hurricane that
devastated the airport. Took on 20 gallons of fuel. FOB was operating out
of an old mobile home and pumping fuel out of an old rusty fuel truck.  When
I told the FOB where I had flown the past 40 days, he refused to take my
money. His airport had been blown away. There was nothing left, yet he
wanted to help me complete my flight. I met a lot of people like him on
that flight in Alaska, Canada, and CONUS.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

--

rlaird

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Kolb Sighting in Florida...well, kinda Reply with quote

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 10:38 AM, Patrick Ladd <patrickjladd(at)hotmail.com (patrickjladd(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Dear John
I have picked up your email on Pat's computer.  I am sorry to tell you that Pat is terminally ill and is now in a nearby nursing home permanently.
I am so sorry to be the bearer of such sad news.  He has always enjoyed his association with the Kolb List.
I would be grateful if you could circulate the list for me as I am unsure how to do this.
Both Pat and I have fond memories of meeting you and the others in Monument Valley a few years ago.
All the best to you all
Wendy Ladd

​Wendy --
Your posting was sent to the entire Kolb-List, so everyone now knows of Pat's situation.
Thank you for letting us know.  Our best wishes go with you, and tell Pat to keep his chin up!
  -- Robert
​

current: Autogyro Cavalon w/ 914ULS
Houston, TX area
http://www.Texas-Flyer.com
John Hauck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Kolb Sighting in Florida...well, kinda Reply with quote

Wendy:

Sorry to hear about Patrick. I wish him well and will keep him in my prayers.

Patrick and I go back a long way. He flew with a radio that had flown to Alaska in my MKIII. We met at Monument Valley about 2008. I have a photo of Patrick, John Williamson, and me, standing on the parking pad at MV airstrip. I found and attached the photo.

I am going to miss Patrick's banter on the Kolb List. I know Larry Cottrell will miss Patrick's video/audio coaching. Wink

Take care my friend.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Patrick Ladd
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2016 10:38 AM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Re: Kolb Sighting in Florida...well, kinda

Dear John
I have picked up your email on Pat's computer. I am sorry to tell you that Pat is terminally ill and is now in a nearby nursing home permanently.
I am so sorry to be the bearer of such sad news. He has always enjoyed his association with the Kolb List.
All the best to you all
Wendy Ladd

MV2008.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  295.82 KB
 Viewed:  6565 Time(s)

MV2008.jpg

Titus, Alabama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: