Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Non-DoD Source] Re: Housai Oil Pressure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark.bitterlich(at)navy.m

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: Housai Oil Pressure Reply with quote

I believe this is so obvious it is not worth mentioning, but just in case ... I will.

Dennis & Walt have pointed out that there are two (brown colored) oil pressure senders, one for the front cockpit and one for the rear. Dennis suggested checking the oil pressure indication in the back seat to see if it was fluctuating as well, which I am going to guess that it will not be. In other words, I am suggesting that you will probably have a problem in only one cockpit.

If you have enough wire going to the cannon plugs at the sending units, SWITCH THE CANNON PLUGS from one sender to the other and see what your indications are now. If you don't have enough spare wire to do that, then switch the transmitters themselves. If the gripe moves to the back seat, you know pretty much for certain that you have a bad transmitter, which is not uncommon by the way. If the gripe stays with the front seat indications you can then switch the gages themselves to see if the gripe moves, which would narrow it down to the gage or wiring to the gage. It is an easy and logical progression to determine exactly where the problem is.

If you switch the cannon plugs at the transmitters and the gripe TOTALLY goes away, you probably have a bad solder joint on the forward cockpit oil pressure transmitter cannon plug. Solder joints in high vibration areas tend to develop fractures over time and can be difficult to catch, so narrowing the problem down to where you are certain it is a wiring issue first is a smart move. Then just re-solder every connection in the transmitter cannon plug.

Everything said here about the CJ also applies to the YAK-52. In addition, I am pretty sure that the transmitters themselves are fully interchangeable between YAK's Sukhoi's and CJ's. Oil and fuel pressure transmitters.

Mark
--

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
draftsjust417(at)gmail.co

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: Housai Oil Pressure Reply with quote

Good info, thanks-
Hope the gremlins get found.
Justin
N280NC
On Aug 28, 2017 11:56 AM, "Bitterlich, Mark G CIV NAVAIR, WD" <mark.bitterlich(at)navy.mil (mark.bitterlich(at)navy.mil)> wrote:[quote]--> Yak-List message posted by: "Bitterlich, Mark G CIV NAVAIR, WD" <mark.bitterlich(at)navy.mil (mark.bitterlich(at)navy.mil)>

I believe this is so obvious it is not worth mentioning, but just in case .. I will.

Dennis & Walt have pointed out that there are two (brown colored) oil pressure senders, one for the front cockpit and one for the rear.   Dennis suggested checking the oil pressure indication in the back seat to see if it was fluctuating as well, which I am going to guess that it will not be.  In other words, I am suggesting that you will probably have a problem in only one cockpit.

If you have enough wire going to the cannon plugs at the sending units, SWITCH THE CANNON PLUGS from one sender to the other and see what your indications are now.  If you don't have enough spare wire to do that, then switch the transmitters themselves.  If the gripe moves to the back seat, you know pretty much for certain that you have a bad transmitter, which is not uncommon  by the way.   If the gripe stays with the front seat indications you can then switch the gages themselves to see if the gripe moves, which would narrow it down to the gage or wiring to the gage.  It is an easy and logical progression to determine exactly where the problem is.

If you switch the cannon plugs at the transmitters and the gripe TOTALLY goes away, you probably have a bad solder joint on the forward cockpit oil pressure transmitter cannon plug.   Solder joints in high vibration areas tend to develop fractures over time and can be difficult to catch, so narrowing the problem down to where you are certain it is a wiring issue first is a smart move.  Then just re-solder every connection in the transmitter cannon plug.

Everything said here about the CJ also applies to the YAK-52.  In addition, I am pretty sure that the transmitters themselves are fully interchangeable between YAK's Sukhoi's and CJ's.  Oil and fuel pressure transmitters.

Mark

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

727gs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: Housai Oil Pressure Reply with quote

Hopefully, I will get a chance to look at it this week. Fighting with a sick Bonanza with a gear problem. Any Bonanza reverse current relay gurus out there?
Steve

On Monday, August 28, 2017 11:13 AM, Justin Drafts <draftsjust417(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Good info, thanks-
Hope the gremlins get found.
Justin
N280NC

On Aug 28, 2017 11:56 AM, "Bitterlich, Mark G CIV NAVAIR, WD" <mark.bitterlich(at)navy.mil (mark.bitterlich(at)navy.mil)> wrote:
[quote]--> Yak-List message posted by: "Bitterlich, Mark G CIV NAVAIR, WD" <mark.bitterlich(at)navy.mil (mark.bitterlich(at)navy.mil)>

I believe this is so obvious it is not worth mentioning, but just in case .. I will.

Dennis & Walt have pointed out that there are two (brown colored) oil pressure senders, one for the front cockpit and one for the rear.  Dennis suggested checking the oil pressure indication in the back seat to see if it was fluctuating as well, which I am going to guess that it will not be. In other words, I am suggesting that you will probably have a problem in only one cockpit.

If you have enough wire going to the cannon plugs at the sending units, SWITCH THE CANNON PLUGS from one sender to the other and see what your indications are now. If you don't have enough spare wire to do that, then switch the transmitters themselves. If the gripe moves to the back seat, you know pretty much for certain that you have a bad transmitter, which is not uncommon by the way. If the gripe stays with the front seat indications you can then switch the gages themselves to see if the gripe moves, which would narrow it down to the gage or wiring to the gage. It is an easy and logical progression to determine exactly where the problem is.

If you switch the cannon plugs at the transmitters and the gripe TOTALLY goes away, you probably have a bad solder joint on the forward cockpit oil pressure transmitter cannon plug. Solder joints in high vibration areas tend to develop fractures over time and can be difficult to catch, so narrowing the problem down to where you are certain it is a wiring issue first is a smart move. Then just re-solder every connection in the transmitter cannon plug.

Everything said here about the CJ also applies to the YAK-52. In addition, I am pretty sure that the transmitters themselves are fully interchangeable between YAK's Sukhoi's and CJ's. Oil and fuel pressure transmitters.

Mark

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: