Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M10 Binx nut

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidjoyce(at)doctors.org

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:23 am    Post subject: M10 Binx nut Reply with quote

Does anyone in UK have an M10 Binx nut they could spare me by any chance? Without which all flying is on hold including next week's Arctic trip. Happy to purchase or replace when the usual channels produce one.
regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
ivanshaw(at)btinternet.co

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:30 am    Post subject: M10 Binx nut Reply with quote

Hi David,
What is it for? Rotax exhaust?

ATB
Ivan

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com> On Behalf Of davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk
Sent: 25 July 2022 19:23
To: europa list <europa-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: M10 Binx nut

Does anyone in UK have an M10 Binx nut they could spare me by any chance? Without which all flying is on hold including next week's Arctic trip. Happy to purchase or replace when the usual channels produce one.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Burrilla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:36 am    Post subject: M10 Binx nut Reply with quote

David, if you mean the ones on the engine frame I have 4 which I replaced when I had the sprag clutch done - so used.

I place no guarantee on them as you understand they are used.

Alan BURRILL

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
On 25 Jul 2022, at 19:25, davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk wrote:

Burrilla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:40 am    Post subject: M10 Binx nut Reply with quote

That said, I do have 4 new ones in a firewall forward kit.

I could wait for you to replace.
Alan. Burrill

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
On 25 Jul 2022, at 19:37, Alan Burrill <alanb(at)dpy01.co.uk> wrote:

David, if you mean the ones on the engine frame I have 4 which I replaced when I had the sprag clutch done - so used.

Alan BURRILL

Sent from my iPad

Quote:

Davidcripps

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:45 am    Post subject: M10 Binx nut Reply with quote

Hello David
I’m sure you’ve searched everywhere but I was curious as to what a Binx nut was so I looked it up and found these online which may be suitable as a temporary fix and seem to be available but maybe wrong material?
https://www.orbitalfasteners.co.uk/categories/binx-nuts-2
Now that I know what a Binx is, I do have a spare one of the brass/copper Binx nuts that is used to hold the exhaust stub to the cylinder head but I’m pretty sure it’s only M8 maximum. I could check for you if it would help. 
Hope you have good luck in finding something. An Arctic trip sounds exciting!
Best regards
David Cripps
G-BWJH

Quote:
On 25 Jul 2022, at 19:26, davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk wrote:

budyerly@msn.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:09 am    Post subject: M10 Binx nut Reply with quote

David.  If it is the turbo nut you can't do it, but a simple double nut works in a pinch as there is sufficient thread for jam or standard nuts.  I safety wire my binx as I lost the turbo one some years ago.  That slot fits thin safety wire.  Haven't had an issue since.

Hopefully you find one.

Bud Yerly

Get Outlook for Android
From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com> on behalf of Dpc <dpc(at)knightonweb.com>
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2022 2:45:11 PM
To: europa-list(at)matronics.com <europa-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: Re: Europa-List: M10 Binx nut  

Hello David

I’m sure you’ve searched everywhere but I was curious as to what a Binx nut was so I looked it up and found these online which may be suitable as a temporary fix and seem to be available but maybe wrong material?

https://www.orbitalfasteners.co.uk/categories/binx-nuts-2

Now that I know what a Binx is, I do have a spare one of the brass/copper Binx nuts that is used to hold the exhaust stub to the cylinder head but I’m pretty sure it’s only M8 maximum. I could check for you if it would help. 

Hope you have good luck in finding something. An Arctic trip sounds exciting!

Best regards 

David Cripps
G-BWJH

Quote:
On 25 Jul 2022, at 19:26, davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk wrote:

davidjoyce(at)doctors.org

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:52 pm    Post subject: M10 Binx nut Reply with quote

Alan, you are a star! One would save my bacon and is worth a couple of bottles of fine wine + replacement via Europa to me. Where do you live? If not too many miles away I will come and collect. Could you give me a ring on 07824 119254? David

On 2022-07-25 19:39, Alan Burrill wrote:
Quote:
That said, I do have 4 new ones in a firewall forward kit.
I could wait for you to replace.

Alan. Burrill Sent from my iPad
Quote:
On 25 Jul 2022, at 19:37, Alan Burrill <alanb(at)dpy01.co.uk> wrote: David, if you mean the ones on the engine frame I have 4 which I replaced when I had the sprag clutch done - so used.

Alan BURRILL Sent from my iPad
Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: