Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Falco

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rnjcurtis(at)charter.net

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject: Falco Reply with quote

Hi Listers,

I have been on this list for many great years!  Everyone on here has been so very willing to help with any problems presented, great exchange of ideas.  I especially want to say Thanks to Bob for sharing his vast experience and knowledge of aircraft and lots of other electrics.  I have a copy of his Bible, the Aeroelectric Connection, which I have referred to on many occasions.

During these years I have also been in the process of crafting a plans built, all wood construction, Falco, which is now completed and has its Airworthiness Certificate, ready to fly.  Sadly, after all the years of building and looking forward to flying my beautiful Falco, the years have passed and I will be 80 years old my next birthday, and I don’t feel sharp enough mentally and physically to fly.  So I have not flown since the Falco was completed.  As much as I hate to say this, My Falco is up for sale.  If anyone on the list or anyone you know might be interested, please contact me for further details at rnjcurtis(at)charter.net (rnjcurtis(at)charter.net). Pictures attached.

Thanks for your interest,

Roger[img]cid:image007.jpg(at)01D8F9F5.344CC5E0[/img][img]cid:image008.jpg(at)01D8F9F5.344CC5E0[/img][img]cid:image009.jpg(at)01D8F9F5.344CC5E0[/img]

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List

6D5D213A676E4186A3D3987C8588E129.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.96 KB
 Viewed:  1021 Time(s)

6D5D213A676E4186A3D3987C8588E129.jpg

3F4D8D4284B149C4BD699E8A26708469.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  133.18 KB

3F4D8D4284B149C4BD699E8A26708469.jpg

0AB71C9061CA4A3E90A1A4306EE7F268.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  143.5 KB

0AB71C9061CA4A3E90A1A4306EE7F268.jpg

werner schneider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:45 pm    Post subject: Falco Reply with quote

Hi Roger,

a very nice airplane, what engine does it have under the cowling, it's a pity that you can't harvest the fruits of your labour of love, I wish you all the best and that your baby gets a good home!

Werner from Switzerland

On 17.11.2022 01:54, Roger & Jean wrote:

Quote:

Hi Listers,

I have been on this list for many great years!  Everyone on here has been so very willing to help with any problems presented, great exchange of ideas.  I especially want to say Thanks to Bob for sharing his vast experience and knowledge of aircraft and lots of other electrics.  I have a copy of his Bible, the Aeroelectric Connection, which I have referred to on many occasions.

During these years I have also been in the process of crafting a plans built, all wood construction, Falco, which is now completed and has its Airworthiness Certificate, ready to fly.  Sadly, after all the years of building and looking forward to flying my beautiful Falco, the years have passed and I will be 80 years old my next birthday, and I don’t feel sharp enough mentally and physically to fly.  So I have not flown since the Falco was completed.  As much as I hate to say this, My Falco is up for sale.  If anyone on the list or anyone you know might be interested, please contact me for further details at rnjcurtis(at)charter.net (rnjcurtis(at)charter.net). Pictures attached.

Roger[img]cid:image007.jpg(at)01D8F9F5.344CC5E0[/img][img]cid:image008.jpg(at)01D8F9F5.344CC5E0[/img][img]cid:image009.jpg(at)01D8F9F5.344CC5E0[/img]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Ceengland

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:49 pm    Post subject: Falco Reply with quote

On 11/16/2022 6:54 PM, Roger & Jean wrote:

Quote:
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} <![endif]--> (at)font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}(at)font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {margin:0in; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {mso-style-priority:99; color:#0563C1; text-decoration:underline;}.MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only;}div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}
Hi Listers,

Roger
It's a shame to put in all that work, and never get to fly it. Have you considered getting a friend to fly off the test time, and then fly with them as PIC, at least for a while, before selling? I have a friend who's at least a year or two (I've lost track) past 95, and he just sold his plane less than a year ago. He was flying with a qualified PIC for probably a decade before he finally sold it.

If that won't work and you really have to sell, you should list all the specifics about the plane like engine, empty/gross weights, etc, and where it's located, at least a ballpark asking price, etc. I think you can still list stuff on Barnstormers.com for free, if you don't try to add pictures. Not terribly expensive even for pics, etc.

Good luck, and I hope you can get to fly it some before selling.

Charlie
Virus-free.www.avast.com[url=#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2] [/url]

rnjcurtis(at)charter.net

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:17 am    Post subject: Falco Reply with quote

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2022 7:50 PM
To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Re: Falco

On 11/16/2022 6:54 PM, Roger & Jean wrote:
Quote:

Hi Listers,

I have been on this list for many great years! Everyone on here has been so very willing to help with any problems presented, great exchange of ideas. I especially want to say Thanks to Bob for sharing his vast experience and knowledge of aircraft and lots of other electrics. I have a copy of his Bible, the Aeroelectric Connection, which I have referred to on many occasions.

During these years I have also been in the process of crafting a plans built, all wood construction, Falco, which is now completed and has its Airworthiness Certificate, ready to fly. Sadly, after all the years of building and looking forward to flying my beautiful Falco, the years have passed and I will be 80 years old my next birthday, and I don’t feel sharp enough mentally and physically to fly. So I have not flown since the Falco was completed. As much as I hate to say this, My Falco is up for sale. If anyone on the list or anyone you know might be interested, please contact me for further details at rnjcurtis(at)charter.net (rnjcurtis(at)charter.net). Pictures attached.

Roger

It's a shame to put in all that work, and never get to fly it. Have you considered getting a friend to fly off the test time, and then fly with them as PIC, at least for a while, before selling? I have a friend who's at least a year or two (I've lost track) past 95, and he just sold his plane less than a year ago. He was flying with a qualified PIC for probably a decade before he finally sold it.

If that won't work and you really have to sell, you should list all the specifics about the plane like engine, empty/gross weights, etc, and where it's located, at least a ballpark asking price, etc. I think you can still list stuff on Barnstormers.com for free, if you don't try to add pictures. Not terribly expensive even for pics, etc.

Good luck, and I hope you can get to fly it some before selling.

Charlie

Thanks for the advice!  I have posted it once on Barnstormers and am considering reposting.  I have recently decided to give up flying, have had my license since 1978, so I guess I have had enough time to pursue aviation.

The Falco has an alternative GM marine engine, which turns off some people in the aviation community.  I have built in redundancy in the electrical system using Bob’s dual battery system as a reference.  The engine is a very reliable liquid cooled power plant.  Jess Myers of Belted Air Power in Las Vegas did a bunch of similar engine mods with great success.

Enough for now, since this is not an aircraft sales site. If you are interested please contact me directly.

Roger

Virus-free.www.avast.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: