Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hexadyne Engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frank-margie(at)worldnet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Hexadyne Engine Reply with quote

They talk about that development time in the article; they deliberately took a conservative approach. It would be interesting to hear from people who have the pre-production engines---in addition to the Kolbs, there are a number of other airframes out there with them. I very much agree with you, but I'm also real glad to see alternatives like this being developed; I think we all stand to gain from it. The engineering on this one looks very promising.

Anyone out there know anything about those pre-production units?

Frank Clyma
do not archive
-------------------------------------------------

They have been developing this engine for years. At least 4 or 5 I believe. I would
be nervous about buying one until they had a track record and financial stability
with the company.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
frank-margie(at)worldnet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Hexadyne Engine Reply with quote

"I got a chance to meet Cy Williams (President and Chief Engineer) at Copperstate,
last October. He gave a talk about his engine in the CONTACT booth. I had also
seen it at Oshkosh more than once and a friend tried his engine on a Mark
III that was used for towing hang gliders."
---------------------------
John,
The crankcase pressure problem supposedly has been solved with a dry sump oil system. "The scavenge pump does double duty in that it also functions as the crankcase ventilation, actually providing a slight negative internal crankcase atmosphere." (Sure sounds good----)

What did your friend think of the one on his Mark III?

I doubt anyone would pay $8800 to be an official engine tester, I wonder what they actually did pay. Like you said, it has to be hard for a small company to develop a viable unit. Which is probably why most of the engines "in development" never make it. I hope this one does.

Frank Clyma

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: