Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bryan Melborn's builder's fee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perezmdomenic(at)plateaut

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Bryan Melborn's builder's fee Reply with quote

Mike Schnabel,
If Bryan Melborn built your plane, you can rest assured it is one of the best built out there. I think it was here on the list a year or two ago that I heard someone speculate that Bryan had probably built more Kolbs than ANYONE. I believe he IS Kolb technical support at TNK, or at least he was a couple of years ago when I had some questions.
So if I may be so bold, what does it cost to have Bryan Melborn build a Firestar II? Were there any "extras" added that boosted the cost? What was the time frame that your plane was built?

M. Domenic Perez
Vaughn, NM
FS II

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Steve Boetto

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Bryan Melborn's builder's fee Reply with quote

In a message dated 2/1/2006 1:39:57 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
perezmdomenic(at)plateautel.net writes:

So if I may be so bold, what does it cost to have Bryan Melborn build a
Firestar II?
Dom,
Bryan does not usually monitor the list so maybe I can help. Since the FSII
is not part 103, technically It has to be 51% built by the owner. However,
both Quickbuild and Builder Assist options are available. You can reach Bryan
at Custom Air 606 682 0645. You are correct about Bryan's work. It is always
Show Quality. He can also be reached through TNK 606 862 9692

Steve Boetto
FF #007/Floats

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Mike Schnabel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Bryan Melborn's builder's fee Reply with quote

Steve thanks for covering Dominics question.

Dom, Thank you for asking your question, and commenting on what you have heard about Bryan's work. I would not have been able to comment on his fee structure, as he did not actually do the work for me personally. I bought this plane from the widow of a man who had Bryan build it for him. Unfortunately the poor gentleman became ill and passed away before he could enjoy this wonderfully built aircraft. (Jesse Saxion, his splendid bride Mary Lib.)

Besides, I am sure that each kit or aircraft has so many unique issues about it that construction fees could only be discussed on a plane-by-plane basis. But certainly I can agree with those that compliment Bryan's work, as this Firestar is constructed with great attention to detail, and I have yet to find a single flaw.

I suggest taking Steve's advice and contacting Bryan via phone at the numbers Steve mentioned. Having one built by Bryan in my garage, I for one feel you would not be at all disappointed with his work, and frankly, at any price. Best of luck to you!

Mike S
Manchester TN
Firestar 2 503

do not archive

N27SB(at)aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 2/1/2006 1:39:57 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
perezmdomenic(at)plateautel.net writes:

So if I may be so bold, what does it cost to have Bryan Melborn build a
Firestar II?
Dom,
Bryan does not usually monitor the list so maybe I can help. Since the FSII
is not part 103, technically It has to be 51% built by the owner. However,
both Quickbuild and Builder Assist options are available. You can reach Bryan
at Custom Air 606 682 0645. You are correct about Bryan's work. It is always
Show Quality. He can also be reached through TNK 606 862 9692

Steve Boetto
FF #007/Floats

---------------------------------

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: