Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sunglasses with LCD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve997(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: sunglasses with LCD Reply with quote

Hi guys,
Just a note regarding Polarised sunglasses and LCD screens.
Quite often if you tilt your head from side to side whilst wearing polarized sunglasses it will make the LCD screen come into view either better or worse (try it on an LCD clock/radio display etc.)

Having said that, I did do a few hours last year behind a G1000 glass cockpit and don’t remember having any issues with not being able to see them whilst wearing pol. sunglasses.

Oh, Charles.. not quite the same but there was an incident in Australia a few years ago where a ‘similar styled’ canopy came off an aircraft in flight (150kts) and I believe the turbulent airflow hitting the blocked off baggage area put the aircraft into a spin. Thankfully, the pilot recovered and made a forced landing. Not sure anyone would want to try flying it without a canopy.

Regards,
Steve

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Lightning-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List
lightningaustralia(at)big

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: sunglasses with LCD Reply with quote

Steve the person you are talking about is a Lightning owner.

Regards, Dennis
[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

steve997(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: sunglasses with LCD Reply with quote

Hi Dennis,
Yes, I know J
I just didn’t want a) people to think it was a Lightning in any way and b) identify him given that I don’t know all the exact details of what actually happened .

Ps. Any update on your builders-assist ?
Regards,
Steve

From: owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Lightning Aircraft Australia
Sent: Tuesday, 29 May 2007 3:32 PM
To: lightning-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Lightning-List: sunglasses with LCD

Regards, Dennis
[quote]
---

steve997(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: sunglasses with LCD Reply with quote

Hi Nick,
Yes, totally agree with your concerns regarding people somehow associating the Lightning with the problematic canopy, hence why I immediately replied to Peter’s email a few days ago (see below).

However, looking back, whilst I sent it, it didn’t appear on the Lightning list ??

** Just to clarify to anyone who misunderstood, the canopy incident happened on another type of aircraft, two years ago.. way before the Lightning was flying and the owner is now building a Lightning.
I originally brought it up as a reply to Charles so that he would understand the issues of what could happen if he ‘attempted’ to fly his Lightning without a canopy.

Nick, hope it hasn’t caused any major issues as obviously this was neither mine nor Peter’s intentions in any way in our reply to Charles.

Regards,
Steve
(future Lightning builder)

Sent: Tuesday, 29 May 2007 3:40 PM
To: 'lightning-list(at)matronics.com'
Subject: RE: Lightning-List: sunglasses with LCD

Hi Dennis,
Yes, I know J
I just didn’t want (a) people to think it was a Lightning in any way and (b) identify him given that I don’t know ALL the exact details of what actually happened .

Regards,
Steve

From: owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Lightning Aircraft Australia
Subject: Re: Lightning-List: sunglasses with LCD

Regards, Dennis

[quote]
---

vettin74(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: sunglasses with LCD Reply with quote

It did come across somehow but that is not a problem i just wanted to make it clear as to the event....no harm done...

Nick

steve <steve997(at)gmail.com> wrote:
[quote] v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) } Hi Nick,
Yes, totally agree with your concerns regarding people somehow associating the Lightning with the problematic canopy, hence why I immediately replied to Peter’s email a few days ago (see below).

However, looking back, whilst I sent it, it didn’t appear on the Lightning list ??

** Just to clarify to anyone who misunderstood, the canopy incident happened on another type of aircraft, two years ago.. way before the Lightning was flying and the owner is now building a Lightning.
I originally brought it up as a reply to Charles so that he would understand the issues of what could happen if he ‘attempted’ to fly his Lightning without a canopy.

Nick, hope it hasn’t caused any major issues as obviously this was neither mine nor Peter’s intentions in any way in our reply to Charles.

Regards,
Steve
(future Lightning builder)

Sent: Tuesday, 29 May 2007 3:40 PM
To: '<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />lightning-list(at)matronics.com'
Subject: RE: sunglasses with LCD

Hi Dennis,
Yes, I know J
I just didn’t want (a) people to think it was a Lightning in any way and (b) identify him given that I don’t know ALL the exact details of what actually happened .

Regards,
Steve

Subject: Re: sunglasses with LCD

Regards, Dennis

[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: