Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RPA Public Relations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FamilyGage(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: RPA Public Relations Reply with quote

TO ALL RPA MEMBERS:

This past weekend, the Moscow Bureau of Russian Satellite Television, arrived at Spruce Creek Fly-In to film at feature presentation on America's largest fly- in community. The TV crew was here for about half an hour when they heard that there was a Russian plane on the property.

My telephone rang, and in a few minutes their film crew arrived at my hangar. We devoted the next two days filming the Yak-52W.

The producer spoke English, so things went rather smoothly. Ken Terry agreed to use his T-34 as the photo ship. I thought that this would be an excellent opportunity to promote our RPA organization, and gave them an extensive history. The cameraman loved our logo on the RPA pitot cover and got that with his camera.

The story line started with filming the hangar door going up, preflight, explanations about the aircraft and how the RPA supports it's worldwide membership, taxi, runup, and take off with smoke with the camera crew at the end of the runway.

We began to prepare for aerial shots, however, the studio style camera was too large to fit in the rear cockpit of Ken's T-34. Therefore, they had to round up a small hand held camcorder for tomorrow, and the sun was getting low anyway.

Sunday morning involved filming from the air of Spruce Creek, up and down the Daytona Beach scene, plus the beautiful lighthouse at the inlet. After lunch we flew down to Titusville, with more filming at the Valiant Air Command museum.

One of the stars of this production was my Border Collie who is called Mr. Yak. Apparently Russians love dogs as much as Americans since they shot 15-20 minutes of him running around the plane.

The producer, whose name was IGOR completely missed my joke about his hump. They had never heard of Marty Feldman, nor the Son of Frankenstein. Anyway, it was a great experience and the producer promised to sent us a DVD of all of his footage. When this occurs, I will send a copy to RPA Headquarters to see if any of the footage can be of benefit.

Keep smiling and flying!

Ray Gage

See what's free at AOL.com.
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
viperdoc(at)mindspring.co

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: RPA Public Relations Reply with quote

Sierra Hotel.
Doc

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of FamilyGage(at)aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:46 PM
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: RPA Public Relations

TO ALL RPA MEMBERS:

This past weekend, the Moscow Bureau of Russian Satellite Television, arrived at Spruce Creek Fly-In to film at feature presentation on America's largest fly- in community. The TV crew was here for about half an hour when they heard that there was a Russian plane on the property.

My telephone rang, and in a few minutes their film crew arrived at my hangar. We devoted the next two days filming the Yak-52W.

The producer spoke English, so things went rather smoothly. Ken Terry agreed to use his T-34 as the photo ship. I thought that this would be an excellent opportunity to promote our RPA organization, and gave them an extensive history. The cameraman loved our logo on the RPA pitot cover and got that with his camera.

The story line started with filming the hangar door going up, preflight, explanations about the aircraft and how the RPA supports it's worldwide membership, taxi, runup, and take off with smoke with the camera crew at the end of the runway.

We began to prepare for aerial shots, however, the studio style camera was too large to fit in the rear cockpit of Ken's T-34. Therefore, they had to round up a small hand held camcorder for tomorrow, and the sun was getting low anyway.

Sunday morning involved filming from the air of Spruce Creek, up and down the Daytona Beach scene, plus the beautiful lighthouse at the inlet. After lunch we flew down to Titusville, with more filming at the Valiant Air Command museum.

One of the stars of this production was my Border Collie who is called Mr. Yak. Apparently Russians love dogs as much as Americans since they shot 15-20 minutes of him running around the plane.

The producer, whose name was IGOR completely missed my joke about his hump. They had never heard of Marty Feldman, nor the Son of Frankenstein. Anyway, it was a great experience and the producer promised to sent us a DVD of all of his footage. When this occurs, I will send a copy to RPA Headquarters to see if any of the footage can be of benefit.

Keep smiling and flying!

Ray Gage

See what's free at AOL.com.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: