Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aerostar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wild.blue(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Aerostar Reply with quote

Gents--

While I may be talking through my hat (as usual), I'd suggest that supporting Aerostar and their dealers is a good thing to do if we want to keep our airplanes alive and well. Yes, they have problems, and much of what some have said here is true (or used to be true), but they are also the only manufacturer in the world for the -52. Bad mouthing them won't improve things. Try dealing with NAMC--if you can reach them--for a fun experience. There is never going to be any substitute. Cheap surplus parts are already drying up (right, Doug and Jill?).

Its been several years now since I was a dealer for Aerostar, but I believed then and now that they have the capability to provide full support for us here in the US and worldwide--if they could just figure out the US market and how to operate here. Keep at it, Cristian, Bill and George, Lindsey and Mark and Richard, too! Yes, they are stubborn and slow learners. It's a very small market and they're just trying to survive just like everyone else. You also need to realize that many of the appliances and incidentals were manufactured by others (just like everywhere else in the world) and many of those companies have gone out of business or converted to doing other things.

On the other hand, they have shown a willingness to try to adapt to our way of thinking, I.e., Yak-52W and TW, engines, Festival LSA etc E If you think their prices are high, buy something from Lycoming, Boeing, Beech or Cessna. When 172's sell for over $200K, 182's for $350K+, Bonanzas for $700K, Barons for over $1 Million etc., $240K (or whatever the price is now) for a brand new -52TW is a screaming steal. Shoulda bought one when they were $150K, partner! We're never going to see NEW -52's for $60K (or $15K clapped-out used CJ's) again E And jet fuel will never be $1/gallon again, either, sorry, Barry. Yes, I agree the Termikas TD version has some advantages, the oil cooler needs to be relocated etc., but Termikas is selling a converted USED airplane for not much less money than a NEW airplane from Aerostar.  Aerostar has made many improvements since the early production TW's, too. If they could sell a few more maybe they could afford to make MORE improvements.

With 74 gallons, a baggage compartment, modern avionics, Dynons, lights etc., the W and TW are terrific NEW airplanes that absolutely put T-6's, Nanchangs (sorry--I love CJ's) and T-34's in the shade, especially for aerobatics. And with a tailwheel they're GOOD LOOKING, too. I congratulate Aerostar for their efforts and wish them well. I hope they figure out how to do business in the US. The days of postwar military surplus fire sales are long over. Stocks of cheap surplus parts won't last much longer. The US hegemon has seen its day.

So, next time you need a NEW airplane or something for your -52 or CJ call Bill Austin (ever sell your Yugoslavian T-6?), Braben or Cristian and let them see what they can do for you. You may get a pleasant surprise--especially if you're used to doing business with Cessna or Beech E

But then I'm just preaching to the choir, right?

Jerry Painter
Wild Blue Aviation
www.FlyWBA.com
JP(at)FlyWBA.com (JP(at)FlyWBA.com)
425-876-0865

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: