Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RV-6 Quickbuild Project for sale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcarter11(at)sbcglobal.ne

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: RV-6 Quickbuild Project for sale Reply with quote

Realized I wasn't going to complete my RV-6 project in a timely manner (before I died or became age impacted) - worked on it 10 years, Jan 1997 - now, July 2007) so, with wife's prodding, bought a flying RV-6 on 1 June 2007 and am flying - no longer building.

RV-6 project for sale - is a Quick Build kit:
- Empennage is complete. Fiberglass tips are cleco'd on - and fit perfectly (lot of work).
- Control stick and rudder pedals are installed (dual brakes) (rudder pedals not drilled into place, awaiting sitting and fitting for my 6'4" frame), and elevator pushtube and elevator trim are complete.
- Fuselage has top aft skin riveted on and skin from there fwd to aft canopy is drilled, primed, and ready for installation - after fit canopy.
- Whelen tail position light/strobe is installed in lower rudder fiberglass fairing and power supply is installed on small deck in front of Vertical Stab front spar - wires are all installed, with service loops, conduits, and connectors for easy replacement of light bulb assembly when needed. Power wire is run to cockpit.
- Seats, cockpit floors, and canopy rails are finished (but floors removed during other work)
- Canopy roll bar is installed.
- Canopy frame parts are finished and ready to be primed and riveted together - I plan to do this before selling project. Tip up canopy release mechanism is complete.
- Have not installed canopy glass or locking/latching components.

-QB wings have not been put on for sizing the aileron push tubes.
- Wings, ailerons, flaps, and all fiberglass fairings & everything else that came with Finish Kit and have been stored with NO hanger rash. Canopy plexi is still in Finish Kit box.

- Corrision control priming: All empennage and other parts I fabricated and installed have been corrosion control primed with Pratt and Lambert strontium chromate green primer after alodine prep.

- All work has been high quality, with careful, close coordination with Van's during construction.

- Not looking to make anything on my time and experience - that is mine to treasure for a lifetime.

- Have $22,524 invested for kits, shipping, position/strobe lights, and miscellaneious parts fasteners purchased along the way. I'm listing the Pacific Aero 5? point seat/shoulder harness separately as an option in addition to the $22,524.
. . . I was going to do a special engine mount and landing gear, so am not selling those componenets. They will cost you another approximately $450 each to buy standard items direct from Van's.

If interested, please reply "off list" to dcarter11(at)sbcglobal.net (dcarter11(at)sbcglobal.net)

David Carter
H 409-722-7259
cell 409-718-8518 (not "on" when home - only on trips)

[quote][b]

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: