Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Graham introduction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john_graham

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: John Graham introduction Reply with quote

Good afternoon,

I wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. My name is John Graham from Algonquin, IL and I just bought Steve Knight's 1993 Yak-52 N15YK (formerly based in Minnesota - white with red stars dotting the cowling). I am a 200 hour private pilot with a tail wheel endorsement (former J-3 Cub owner) and am just about checked out in the Yak. I look forward to getting to know this group better during the coming years. My contact information should attach to this email....but to be safe, my email is CubFlyer1940(at)Yahoo.com.

John

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

(847) 641-1330
david(at)mcgirt.net

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: John Graham introduction Reply with quote

Welcome John,

You will love your Yak, and hopefully soon find that you will have a good
group of people and resources to help you along in the process!

Some of you guys that are local to John speak up, if you are a member of the
RedStar Pilots Assoc, www.flyredstar.org you can also see the member lists
in your area..
David McGirt
Atlanta, GA
--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

drc(at)wscare.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: John Graham introduction Reply with quote

Welcome John, we need more in the upper midwest. How far are you
from Green Bay? We have an excellent yak AP north of us. He used to
work at Pride, now on his own and a Yak owner.
Herb Coussons
drc(at)wscare.com
Cell 920-639-8434
On Aug 9, 2007, at 3:46 PM, john_graham wrote:

Quote:

Good afternoon,

I wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. My name is John
Graham from Algonquin, IL and I just bought Steve Knight's 1993
Yak-52 N15YK (formerly based in Minnesota - white with red stars
dotting the cowling). I am a 200 hour private pilot with a tail
wheel endorsement (former J-3 Cub owner) and am just about checked
out in the Yak. I look forward to getting to know this group
better during the coming years. My contact information should
attach to this email....but to be safe, my email is
CubFlyer1940(at)Yahoo.com.

John

--------
John Graham
N15YK 1993 Yak-52
CubFlyer1940(at)Yahoo.com
(847) 641-1330

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=128336#128336

byronmfox(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: John Graham introduction Reply with quote

Welcome indeed, John! Now it's time to assure that you're properly attired and patched. Go immediately to the RPA Online Store (www.flyredstar.org) and I will make sure you're equipped prmptly. ...Blitz -- your erstwhile store manager. Also, don't be caught short without an RPA Challenge Coin. It'll get expensive at the bar without one.

--

viperdoc(at)mindspring.co

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: John Graham introduction Reply with quote

Welcome John. You are going to have some of the most fun flying you can have
with your cloths still on and be leagal!
Doc

--

dontmesswtexas(at)yahoo.c

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: John Graham introduction Reply with quote

Hello, My name is Lynn Allen and I have been looking at the Yak-52TW and heard that they are running hotter that normal due to where the oil cooloer is located. Have you all seen this before?

Thanks for your time,

Lynn

Mark Wheeler <me262pilot(at)comcast.net> wrote:
[quote]--> Yak-List message posted by: "Mark Wheeler"

Good to see some in my area finally. Beside the cool RPA stuff, you will
need some basic things like: Waterless hand soap, Band-Aids, good set of
metric tools and the most important thing..... information from Dennis on
how to fix it.

--

david(at)mcgirt.net

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: John Graham introduction Reply with quote

Hi Lynn,

I am a TW owner, and had problems in the past with Oil temps. There are several factors , and some people have issues and some do not. It might be easier to talk voice, that type - just shoot me an email directly – david(at)mcgirt.net (david(at)mcgirt.net) and I will be glad to give you my .02 and connect you with other TW owners that know much more than I , but I know the 4 TW drivers that fly together here in the South East do not have heating problems these days, through minor mods and a better understanding of the machine..

David

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Lynn Allen
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 2:55 PM
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: RE: John Graham introduction

Hello, My name is Lynn Allen and I have been looking at the Yak-52TW and heard that they are running hotter that normal due to where the oil cooloer is located. Have you all seen this before?

Thanks for your time,

Lynn

[quote]
--> Yak-List message posted by: "Mark Wheeler"

how to fix it.

--

viperdoc(at)mindspring.co

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: John Graham introduction Reply with quote

Lynn,
Have you looked at the TD? The modified 52 converted to a tail dragger. If you are looking for a two seater that is. If you just want killer performance and a tail dragger, look at the 50. You’ll have trouble going back to the 52 after that!
Not knocking the 52 TW at all. The TD has the oil cooler out on the wing root so oil cooling is not a problem. There are somethings the TW’s have done to improve their oil cooling like changing the type of oil cooler, adding air deflectors on the side of the cooler, moving it into the wing root, and adding exhaust stack extension to deflect the heat off the exhaust.
Doc

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of David McGirt
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 2:22 PM

Hi Lynn,

I am a TW owner, and had problems in the past with Oil temps. There are several factors , and some people have issues and some do not. It might be easier to talk voice, that type - just shoot me an email directly – david(at)mcgirt.net (david(at)mcgirt.net) and I will be glad to give you my .02 and connect you with other TW owners that know much more than I , but I know the 4 TW drivers that fly together here in the South East do not have heating problems these days, through minor mods and a better understanding of the machine..

David

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Lynn Allen
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 2:55 PM

Thanks for your time,

Lynn

[quote]
--> Yak-List message posted by: "Mark Wheeler"

how to fix it.

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: