Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stolen or lost packages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hrs1(at)frontiernet.net

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Stolen or lost packages Reply with quote

List . . . Seems to me I signed a written release for Fed Ex a couple of
years ago giving them permission to leave the packages without
signature. Same with UPS. We're pretty smart people - can't you devise
some sort of container like a street mailbox into which these folk can
deposit the package? Most of the libraries up this way have return
boxes like this. Also a twenty spot at Christmas works wonders with
these nice service people. Robert Schoenberger 701

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
john.marzulli(at)gmail.co

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Stolen or lost packages Reply with quote

So, I'm sitting at home right now waiting for my fuselage kit, and that is turning into another story! I'm pretty sure that 9am to Noon on Friday the 24th does not means "Oh, something has come up, we can't deliver today, and we can't tell you why we can't complete the delivery".

Yellow is doing a fantastic job try to fix the situation and is putting pressure on the local delivery contractor to make good on their promise. The blame falls squarely on Sunshine Shipping for not making a delivery that was scheduled well over a week ago and reconfirmed yesterday.

... but I digress.

But the thought of making a trap door for packages did cross my mind many times over the week. The problem is once you get to a device that accepts anything bigger than a toaster you are leaving enough room that the door can no longer effectively be one way.

Oh yeah, DO NOT ARCHIVE.

On 8/24/07, Robert Schoenberger <hrs1(at)frontiernet.net (hrs1(at)frontiernet.net)> wrote:
Quote:
--> Zenith-List message posted by: Robert Schoenberger <hrs1(at)frontiernet.net (hrs1(at)frontiernet.net)>

List . . . Seems to me I signed a written release for Fed Ex a couple of
years ago giving them permission to leave the packages without
signature. Same with UPS. We're pretty smart people - can't you devise
some sort of container like a street mailbox into which these folk can
deposit the package? Most of the libraries up this way have return

--
John Marzulli
http://701Builder.blogspot.com/

"Flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle... it's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.
-Airplane The Movie [quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Trainnut01(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Stolen or lost packages Reply with quote

My UPS Driver has a key to my hangar. He calls me at the office whenever he leaves a package at the hangar. He gets a bottle of scotch for Christmas and on his birthday.
Carroll

do not archive

Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.
[quote][b]

jhstarn(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Stolen or lost packages Reply with quote

Sunshine Shipping...?.?..Coupla years back I ordered a pool table as a Christmas gift for son & his family. Sunshine confirmed several times to "make sure someone would be home" in the days leading up to delivery. Before "Noon" turned into calls being placed untiil 6pm when they called back & advised that it would in the next few days. Truck arrived two days later at 4:30p with the boxed table & a forklift hole in the side and a gouge larger than that on the Shuttle visable thru the open cardboard. The company I placed the order with took it back but advised "We no longer carry that table". Think I finally got "a" table to them in June. Have delt with Van's & Yellow, both did the job as promised. KABONG Do Not Archive
Quote:
Yellow is doing a fantastic job try to fix the situation and is putting pressure on the local delivery contractor to make good on their promise.  The blame falls squarely on Sunshine Shipping for not making a delivery that was scheduled well over a week ago and reconfirmed yesterday.

MaxNr(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Stolen or Lost packages Reply with quote

I had a deal with FedEx 4 or 5 months ago. I almost tripped over a package on the front porch. It contained bottles of wine that I did not order. Despite being stamped and labeled in three places that an adult signature was required, no attempt was made to knock on the door and ask me to sign for it. You bet I complained. Not an easy thing to do with FedEx. BTW, who needs to order wine when WalMart is nearby? I suspect kids ordered it.
Do not archive
Bob XL/Lyc
*****************************/memed/aolcom30tour [quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: