Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Landing Light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burbby

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Landing Light Reply with quote

Landing Light

Im finishing installing the landing light in the left wing like the plans show. The question is what kind of paint (if any) is used in this area? It would seem to me that this area will get hot. Also does most people match this color with the outside color in this area? I have seen some painted grey which does not match any exterior paint anywhere.

do not archive

Gary
601 XL
N7601 (resereved)
Millsap, TX

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's [quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
amyvega2005(at)earthlink.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Landing Light Reply with quote

Good old Krylon for high temps works great. jsut paint the frame the color you are going to paint the exterior of the wing.

Juan

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

burbby

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Landing Light Reply with quote

Thanks Juan

That sounds good to me. I had that in mind but after seeing the grey paint on several it made me wonder. Thanks for the reply.

Do not archive

Gary
601XL
N7601 (resereved)
Millsap, Tx

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's [quote][b]

dredmoody(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Landing Light Reply with quote

The interior around my landing lights is simply primed like the rest of the inside parts. I don't think it is important to paint that area although it would hurt to do so. I don't think the heat will be an issue for me because I don't have any long taxiing to do at night and I don't plan to use them on the ground in the daytime. If I use them inflight the airflow over the aluminum skin should provide adequate cooling.

Dred
601XL/Jabiru
N4568G (reserved)
[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: