Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

firewall penetration and some

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitfox(at)ida.net

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: firewall penetration and some Reply with quote

I have to speak up here and give my opinion. I was in the shoes of the poor soul that should "god forgive me" ask the "Beat to death" question. So I did not ask a lot of questions. Wish I did anyway. Would have saved me a lot. Here is a hint for those wanting to build and those building that are lurking in the group. Go ahead and ask. We are not that busy that if it is asked a 1000 times, we won't answer. I will still answer it, and there are a lot of good people here that do not mind going over it again.How about school? New students, same questions. Not a problem. Do not let our completed projects elevate us to a higher level. So ask, no matter how simple or complex. Questions keep the mind alive, and the group.
Albert Smith
5TD NSI Turbo, CAP 3blade
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
wingsdown(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: firewall penetration and some Reply with quote

I think that is a great point Albert. Besides there are always new folks and knowledge to be had on the ever evolving list. New ideas, products, and ways of doing things. Why relegate yourself to history alone. To keep this on the build platform let me add that I evolved into using the adjustable ball type mounts for control type cables. Very adjustable and very secure. Depending on amperage requirements I like the computer connections mentioned earlier if it can be made water resistant, otherwise cannon plugs give you secure connections, the flexibility to remove things fairly easily, and kinder trouble shooting access.. Kind of like pay now or pay later trade off for ease of installation. There are some real nice plug and play wiring set ups for the panel as well. One has to weigh cost. Good luck. I envy your position right now. Building and problems with the promise of flight. Who could ask for more.

Rick
Model 5 EA-81 turbo CAP 140....may she rest in peace.
Quote:

9/8/2007 1:24 PM
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

john(at)leptron.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: firewall penetration and some Reply with quote

Great answer Albert,
I have been on the list for 15 year or more now and I still live to help the new guys, gee or old like me.
How is you plane going, I have not seen you or family since I left Idaho.

John Oakley

From: owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of A Smith
Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2007 11:52 PM
To: kitfox-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: firewall penetration and some

I have to speak up here and give my opinion. I was in the shoes of the poor soul that should "god forgive me" ask the "Beat to death" question. So I did not ask a lot of questions. Wish I did anyway. Would have saved me a lot. Here is a hint for those wanting to build and those building that are lurking in the group. Go ahead and ask. We are not that busy that if it is asked a 1000 times, we won't answer. I will still answer it, and there are a lot of good people here that do not mind going over it again.How about school? New students, same questions. Not a problem. Do not let our completed projects elevate us to a higher level. So ask, no matter how simple or complex. Questions keep the mind alive, and the group.

Albert Smith

5TD NSI Turbo, CAP 3blade
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

kitfox(at)ida.net

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: firewall penetration and some Reply with quote

I finally got the cooling problem fixed. That caused some aerodynamic balance problems. I am going to have to redesign the cooling system radiator locations or find some different powerplant. To bad, the cowlings turned out very nice. The family is fine and we are still RC racing like we had nothing else to do.
Albert Smith
5TD NSI turbo CAP
[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: