Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

parts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wb2ssj(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: parts Reply with quote

To: Bill in Tucson
Hi, don't get upset over missing parts. Arion like all companies have suppliers that don't deliver parts on time as contracted. I have had very good response from Mark and Nick when I was short a part. They always get them to me one way or another. You will have plenty to do when the kit arrives and as you read ahead in the manual you can plan around any missing part. You will love the finished product and that's what counts.

Tex
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Lightning-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List
pequeajim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Arion Aircraft Support - Hardware Reply with quote

I moved this over from the other thread. Ted is right on with his comment...

sales(at)billandruth.net wrote:
Hi from sunny Tucson,

My Lightning kit is scheduled to be here on the 21st of this month! A week from this Friday!!!

I have received my hardware bundle (nuts, washers and bolts) from Aircraft Spruce. I was told that there are not enough of them to build the airplane and I will have to order more. That does not seem right to me as I expected a complete kit when I purchased this one. My previous experience was with the Kitfox which had a very detailed builders manual and every piece of hardware necessary to build the kit. Any shortages I noted during the inventory process were forwarded to the manufacturer and they filled them quickly. Have any of you experienced this issue before and how did you handle it, i.e. just order some more from Aircraft Spruce or request more from Arion?

Looking forward to your replys.......Bill
[b]

Hi Bill:

I'll bet you're as excited about your Lightning as I was when mine was ready to ship! It's a great aircraft and terrific company to work with. I'm having a good time working with the Green Landings guys and learning something new each trip down there. I hope you enjoy the build as much as I do.

As far as the hardware kit and missing parts, yes, I would order some extra nuts and bolts to have on hand, (more for convenience). I have found the guys at Arion to be VERY good when it comes to customer support and would expect them to ship you items that are missing; after all, they do advertise a complete kit, so take them at their word on this. You may however find that some items are just best to have around so you do not have to wait for them to ship you something before you can move on to the next step in the build process.

If it's something that you feel you shouldn't have had to purchase on your own, call them. I'm sure they will make it right and replenish your stock.

Best of luck with your build and subsequent flying of the Lightning. Remember to send lots of pictures. We love pictures, especially seeing that Lightning grin after your first flight.

Jim!
http://www.jimslightning.com

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

vettin74(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: parts Reply with quote

To the Group..

Thank you Tex for your reply. I am not sure who hinted that you might have to buy extra hardware to finish the kit, but that is not Arion Aircrafts intent at all. We hope to provide you with as a complete kit as possible. With fibergalss aircraft it is not easy to supply one specific bolt for a poart that bolts to the glass, therefore we choose a bolt that should work and supply you with correct amount, than we also supply you with the same amount of hardware for the sizes above and below the boklt size. There should more than enough nuts, washers, rivets and other hardware to complete the aircraft. If you do not have enough we will supply you with the correct bolts in a timely manner, we have a large stock of hardware here and most likley can go out the same day we are notified. I have not had to date any sigificant complaints of lacking hardware and when we do the kit is revised to include these items. I would ask who is Lacking hardware and have them email or call us so we can improve the kit if needed...

Nick Otterback
Arion Aircraft LLC

Tex Mantell <wb2ssj(at)earthlink.net> wrote:
[quote] To: Bill in Tucson
Hi, don't get upset over missing parts. Arion like all companies have suppliers that don't deliver parts on time as contracted. I have had very good response from Mark and Nick when I was short a part. They always get them to me one way or another. You will have plenty to do when the kit arrives and as you read ahead in the manual you can plan around any missing part. You will love the finished product and that's what counts.
">Check out the hottest 2008 models today at Yahoo! Autos. [quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: