Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Building my Lightning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pequeajim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Building my Lightning Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouragement Greg. I am very excited about my Lightning. I have had nothing but good support from the guys at Green Landings and Arion. It is a beautiful airplane that also is a terrific flier!

Good luck with your Sport Pilot license. Jimmy is a great guy and I'm sure will do you right. Sorry I missed you. I'm not back down there for a week or two. Then I hope to be working on my panel. The Stratomaster Enigma is a nice unit and great value. I am told that my Odyssey will in next month, so I'm crossing my fingers!

Last time I spoke with Dana Otterback at Jabiru, there were 2-3 openings left. If you hurry, you should be able to get in on the class. Call and ask for Dana.

I hope to see you at the shop next time I'm down there!

Keep plugging away!

Jim!

Quote:
Lightning-List message posted by: "Greg Crouchley"

Jim,
My name is Greg Crouchley. I own the Red/White Skyranger at Green Landings. I have been following your journey to Lightning on the blog, your website, and of course through Ryan. I live in RI but have been traveling there a lot over the last 18 months, staying in my Jeep overnights. I don't have a nice motor home like you, (yet!) but am very comfortable working on the plane until sundown, then cooking up some dinner and turning in, only to rise early and fly in the calm! Was there this weekend, hoping to meet you. Oh well, I called Pete and left a message to see if the Jab course in Oct had openings left..never heard so I will call him again later today. I see that you are going so maybe I will meet you there.
I can report to you Ryan's dad was on the sander at 7:15 am both days on your plane, and worked a full, full day both days. Further, I have been there since they built Ryan's Lightning and can honestly say that your plane is the best BY FAR body prep of all the planes there! That, coupled with your FANTASTIC paint proposal, should make a gorgeous and FAST airplane.
I have been talking to Ryan about the Enigma for about 8 months now and WAS thinking to put it in the SkyRanger over the coming winter. I want to see one in real life as I somehow forget to see it at OSH. Then I saw the Odyssey and I think you are planning to put that in your baby. Any word on when they are going to ship it?
Lastly, even thought I am a student SP pilot under Jimmy Long, and have about 40 hours total, I have not yet tested. I asked Ryan a couple of weeks ago for my first Lightning ride. AMAZING. So, of course I am now thinking about getting one later this winter, and using it with prop pitch and vortex generators until I can pass my Private. Then using it for commuting to visit Green Landings, and for a lot of business travel makes a lot of sense!
Anyway, wanted to say hello and let you know that your enthusiasm is contagious!
Greg

- The Matronics Lightning-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: